Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton: “It could have been worse”

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
“In the end it was about keeping that score down. The fear is - it could have been worse," said Hughton.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47836288

To which I would have said: how much worse? Than 5-0 at home to Bournemouth... perhaps Chris left at 3-0 too.

The players certainly did.

Ouch.

If Chris was suggesting that 5-0 somehow represented damage limitations, well, all is lost frankly.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought that was a particularly odd comment.

“We were up against a dynamic Bournemouth.”

We made them look bloody dynamic, and then they took advantage.

Truly awful day, and pathetic interview. Step up a bit more Chris! We need you to show a bit more backbone and fight!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has he lost his confidence too? Sounds like it :down:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He needs to look at Bournemouth on the road this season, not very good yet we meekly rolled over for them.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's not as if he doesn't know how Bmuff play, I'm struggling to find excuses for him.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He needs to look at Bournemouth on the road this season, not very good yet we meekly rolled over for them.

Like we do for everyone. It's like we feel we're at a party we shouldn't have been invited to.

Why the **** are we the only team that has to play 38 away games this season? When the height of the manager's ambition is to 'win' every game 0-0 it is obvious what is going to happen.

el punal

Well, it could have been. And nearly was a couple of times. Well done lads, for keeping it down to just 5.

Ten seconds before each happened I predicted goals 4 and 5. If we played another ten minutes I probably would have foreseen goals 6 and 7 as well. We really were that unbelievably bad, and that’s saying something after the horror second half at Fulham which I thought was the nadir of our season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Like we do for everyone. It's like we feel we're at a party we shouldn't have been invited to.

Why the **** are we the only team that has to play 38 away games this season? When the height of the manager's ambition is to 'win' every game 0-0 it is obvious what is going to happen.

But on the plus side, during the first half, while he was faffing around not crossing I did manage to shout:-

"Bernie Inn"

The highlight of my life. :lol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
BLOOM: We have reason to believe you may be hiding one bedwetter, a member of the terrorist organisation, the 'People's Front of NSC'

HUGHTON: Me? No. I'm just a poor old man. I have no time for law-breakers. My legs are grey. My ears are gnarled. My eyes are old and bent.

BLOOM: Quiet! Silly person. Guards! Search the Amex.

clomp clomp clomp...

You know the penalty laid down by Seagulls law for harbouring a known criminal?

HUGHTON: No.

BLOOM: Relegation.

HUGHTON: Oh.

BLOOM: Nasty, eh?

HUGHTON: Hmm it could've been worse.

BLOOM: What do you mean, 'it could've been worse'?

HUGHTON: Well, I could be sacked.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He run out of excuses today. He needs to be honest which he hasn't been. It's never his fault.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Chris stating that a 5 0 defeat at home to a side who lost 11 of the last 12 away games could have been worse than 5 0 as if to get a positive from it has to be a low watermark of any league manager in history. It just beggars belief frankly. He should be sacked for that statement alone

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here