Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We Were Rubbish Too.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After City's goal went in last Saturday, we all responded with solid noise for the rest of the game. Today, when Bournemouth scored first we all seemed to react in the opposite way. It was like the stadium went into shock.

I'm not going to complain that people went quiet or left as things got worse and worse in the second half, but we all need to be much better on Tuesday. As fans we can only control our controllables. Regardless of what anyone thinks or writes on the internet, we can't change the manager, or tactics, pick the team or replace players who didn't perform today. All we can do is make the noise we know we are capable of, make things uncomfortable for Cardiff, frighten the ref and linos into giving 50/50s in our favour and do everything we can to inspire the players for the full ninety.

Let's get the moaning and depression out of our system tonight and tomorrow. By Tuesday we have to try to match the atmosphere of the Sheffield Wednesday play off home leg. Chris Hughton consistently talks about fine margins. We in the crowd can only make an impact on one of these margins. Our response to any disappointment on Tuesday has to be a redoubling of support. We have to inspire, not add to any nervousness.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I do worry about what will happen to the atmosphere if Cardiff score first on Tuesday TBH

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree but cannot guarantee my reaction when we go behind.

If you are up to applauding and cheering sideways and backwards passing with clueless defending and attacking, I admire you. I cannot do it, sorry.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I do worry about what will happen to the atmosphere if Cardiff score first on Tuesday TBH

Me too. Which I why I posted this. If it happens, however much we may not feel like it, we have to swallow the nervousness and turn it into noise.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I remember the play off against Swindon. We were losing and I remember standing up and shouting “come on we having ****ing lost this yet” (in a Delia Smith kind of way). I got a bit of response and we all know what happened next. I’m not claiming I influenced the goal or anything but it can’t have hurt.

Warnock will be telling his players on Tuesday to frustrate us and get the crowd on out back. We need to help the team out on Tuesday.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If you are up to applauding and cheering sideways and backwards passing with clueless defending and attacking, I admire you. I cannot do it, sorry.

I'm guessing that, like all of us, you have applauded and cheered far far worse Albion teams over the last four or more decades. These players are not clueless. They are currently struggling to perform at the their best. There is only one thing we can do to try to help them. Anything else will make it worse.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We need something to happen, something, anything to go our way. I fear March’s goal at Millwall might have used it all up.

Anyway it will be very different Tuesday, night games are always better atmosphere wise. Less kids, more beer. It needs to be like Palace. We MUST score first.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think that was when I knew there would be boos at half time and full time. It wasn't just v Man City, it's been any game we've fallen behind in since getting to the premier league - we always have a short couple of seconds of disappointment before an Albion chant starts up to get behind the boys and drown out the opposition fans. Today nothing.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Then stay and shout at them!

You clearly think you are a better fan along with all the others who stayed to the bitter end. I’d have loved it if everybody had left the stadium before the end, that would be a far bigger wake up call than booing/shouting at them after the final whistle.

All about opinions and there is no “right” answer to how you react to such a shit performance

I’ll be back for Tuesday expecting nothing but I will be there...

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You clearly think you are a better fan along with all the others who stayed to the bitter end. I’d have loved it if everybody had left the stadium before the end, that would be a far bigger wake up call than booing/shouting at them after the final whistle.

All about opinions and there is no “right” answer to how you react to such a shit performance

I’ll be back for Tuesday expecting nothing but I will be there...

Absolutely not at all, I left on 89 and didn't see the last goal go in... I am partially tinpot in that respect. I parked in the Bridge and didn't want to wait an hour to get away from the worst performance I've seen at the Amex.

However, leaving on 74 minutes?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Leaving in droves straight after the third goal went in was utterly tinpot...

Absolute rubbish. We've been turgid all year. Crunch game and we put in a performance like that? People voted with their feet. Would have happened at any ground in the same circumstances. A mass exodus is a more powerful message imo than staying at booing, as well.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely not at all, I left on 89 and didn't see the last goal go in... I am partially tinpot in that respect. I parked in the Bridge and didn't want to wait an hour to get away from the worst performance I've seen at the Amex.

However, leaving on 74 minutes?

I know, hard to believe I did that after the third goal. I was so angry and had things to do last night so just snapped and left. I am a little ashamed I confess. First time I’ve ever left before the final whistle. I even stayed to the end of the 5-0 at Palace, not that I had a choice I gathered after the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here