Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He defended mad Anthony Mc Mad Knockaert on the radio. His side played decent football and didn't time waste, clog or act silly.

Time to move on, I suspect, with respect to the smugeddie sneer. He has every right to be smug.

We have a far more pernicious shitter of a manager arriving with his team of pit ponies on Tuesday. Expect clogging, time wasting (when they are 1-0 up. OK at 0-0), dangerous challenges and daffodils. It will be a horror show.

Anyway, in this evening of bitterness and recrimination, I'd just like to say, well done Eddie.

(so, who will be first to reply with '**** off, you soppy old tart?' I think its a toss up between [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION], [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION])

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Class manager whose team play the style of football we can only dream of, win lose or draw. ****ing smug ****too

I have a totally irrational hate of tin pot Bournemouth, probably born from jealousy

They ran us ragged today

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
His players were up to their usual antics. Boruc was time wasting and making gestures at the North Stand. Cook was shouting at the family stand and acting like the **** he is. Every single one of their players ran round the referee when Knockaert made the tackle.

Smug Eddie will never have my respect.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Harry - do you think you could possibly use fewer long and complicated words in your posts? I seem to spend half my time
looking up said words. Simpler is always better! For example: You used the word 'pernicious'. why not just use 'tosser'? For 'recrimination'
simply use 'dirty b*****d'.

It would make my life a lot easier.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
His players were up to their usual antics. Boruc was time wasting and making gestures at the North Stand. Cook was shouting at the family stand and acting like the **** he is. Every single one of their players ran round the referee when Knockaert made the tackle.

Smug Eddie will never have my respect.

Cook was signalling 3-0 with his fingers to the North stand and pointing down. He spent his youth with Brighton and was sold to Bournemouth when they were in League 1, and us in the Championship. We never stood in his way, and he thinks it is classy to wind up Brighton fans. Nasty piece of work.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good or bad, love or hate, he's doing a better job That Chris Hughton can.

It's no gentlemans game, nothing with money involved is on a competitive level.

Ted has that ****ing irritating smug punch in the face factor, like Christian Horner. But they succeed.

Spice reject aside

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Class manager whose team play the style of football we can only dream of, win lose or draw. ****ing smug ****too

I have a totally irrational hate of tin pot Bournemouth, probably born from jealousy

They ran us ragged today

No gloating here just stunned every time we play you that you don't have a recognised goal scorer other than Murray.

If you had someone to bury one of those early crosses, goal mouth scrambles it may have been different. We were massively short of confidence before today.

We started running your ragged when you went 442 and pushed up.

Fair play to you lot after the game. Decent bit of banter, no real handbags.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
To be honest I thought that both team and fans were a credit to their club. Their fans applauded Kit Napier to a man and made themselves heard for 95 minutes. Their team played as well as I have seen the, all season - at least they have loads of fast, skilful players who support each other and play the ball in the right direction.
Good luck to them - I hope we get the opportunity to develop our side to their standards in the next couple of seasons.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
To be honest I want OUR players to be nastier pieces of work if it gets us five goals (even two would do).

We are going around the pitch looking like a lost bunch of tourists rather than a football team, at least Howe makes his players work for their wages, just like Hasenhüttl did when Saints took all three points from our softies, ours players earned about £2.50 today but get paid tens of thousands for the stunt they pulled today to show Hughton who really runs our team now.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
To be honest I thought that both team and fans were a credit to their club. Their fans applauded Kit Napier to a man and made themselves heard for 95 minutes. Their team played as well as I have seen the, all season - at least they have loads of fast, skilful players who support each other and play the ball in the right direction.
Good luck to them - I hope we get the opportunity to develop our side to their standards in the next couple of seasons.

This. Some of their passing was sublime and their movement was top drawer.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
He defended mad Anthony Mc Mad Knockaert on the radio. His side played decent football and didn't time waste, clog or act silly.

Time to move on, I suspect, with respect to the smugeddie sneer. He has every right to be smug.

We have a far more pernicious shitter of a manager arriving with his team of pit ponies on Tuesday. Expect clogging, time wasting (when they are 1-0 up. OK at 0-0), dangerous challenges and daffodils. It will be a horror show.

Anyway, in this evening of bitterness and recrimination, I'd just like to say, well done Eddie.

(so, who will be first to reply with '**** off, you soppy old tart?' I think its a toss up between [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION], [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION])

If we made Eddie a offer do you think he would come?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No gloating here just stunned every time we play you that you don't have a recognised goal scorer other than Murray.

If you had someone to bury one of those early crosses, goal mouth scrambles it may have been different. We were massively short of confidence before today.

We started running your ragged when you went 442 and pushed up.

Fair play to you lot after the game. Decent bit of banter, no real handbags.

Gloat away, you can absolutely guarantee that’s exactly what I’d be doing if we’d turned you over like you did to us.

Did I say that I find Bournemouth my most disliked team? Smug has made a mug of Hughton everytime we have played you in the league. I hate it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yep, credit where it's due. It gets tedious seeing the pantomime spite against Howe on here at times. I'd have him as our manager all day long and have always rated him highly.

Their fans were good (especially applauding the passing of our former player). Easy to make some noise when you're taking a team apart mind.

Very little gloating after, the fans I spoke to were as confused as we were.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
To be honest I thought that both team and fans were a credit to their clubTheir fans applauded Kit Napier to a man and made themselves heard for 95 minutes.. . Their team played as well as I have seen the, all season - at least they have loads of fast, skilful players who support each other and play the ball in the right direction.

Their fans applauded Kit Napier to a man and made themselves heard for 95 minutes. Indeed good on them......
"I thought that both teams and fans were a credit to their club"...Brighton team were a credit to OUR Club ?? Where were you between 3pm and 5 pm today ?? In cloud cuckoo land ??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Yep, credit where it's due. It gets tedious seeing the pantomime spite against Howe on here at times. I'd have him as our manager all day long and have always rated him highly.

Their fans were good (especially applauding the passing of our former player). Easy to make some noise when you're taking a team apart mind.

Very little gloating after, the fans I spoke to were as confused as we were.

Much like LVGull, the discussion amongst our group too was if Howe would come here if we offered him the job, says a lot about how us Albion fans feel now about Hughton, his times up I'm sad to say, good while it lasted though.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Their fans applauded Kit Napier to a man and made themselves heard for 95 minutes. Indeed good on them......
"I thought that both teams and fans were a credit to their club"...Brighton team were a credit to OUR Club ?? Where were you between 3pm and 5 pm today ?? In cloud cuckoo land ??

I was talking about Bournemouth - not us. I had meant (Bournemouth) team and fans ........

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not like ours didn't after the Andone/Mepham incident then. I wouldn't have been surprised If Plod ran on after the Knockaert tackle.

Awful tackle....Knocky, as others have said..Is committed and gives his all, unlike some today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here