Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reality Check

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Happy clapper signing in.

Amongst the current shitstorm, I just felt it worth mentioning that out of the entire nation of England, and the 92 professional clubs, there are only 16 teams currently better than BHA. 6 of whom are operating on a completely different financial stratosphere than most other clubs - not just in this country, but in Europe.

I realise this mostly goes against tonights doom-laden narrative, and I'm not going to go all "Hereford". But I think its a point worth mentioning, whilst some folk are absolutely losing their shit. Grotty, embarrassing result today. But take a half-step back.

Aannnd...back to the golf.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was away working today. What happened? :smile:
Away with work for the Cardiff game too :eek:
Going to have to wait until Spurs to see the team in the flesh.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Reality check.

We've been as bad or worse this season than in the mid 90's,

TBH I don't care what division we're in, just want to see a bit of football/effort/passion

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Let's see if you are so jolly when Cardiff turn us over on Tuesday.

I'm a LONG way from jolly tonight chap. And there's going to be that little instant tomorrow when I wake up in the morning, pause, and remember the result. Then I'll probably gob on my kids croissant.

But then once I've had my cup of tea and marmite crumpet...I'll probably be ok.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm a LONG way from jolly tonight chap. And there's going to be that little instant tomorrow when I wake up in the morning, pause, and remember the result. Then I'll probably gob on my kids croissant.

But then once I've had my cup of tea and marmite crumpet...I'll probably be ok.

Accepting we are the worst team in the division not to have been relegated yet is my take after today

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I agree, although there's almost time to get down!.

Gobbing on croissants is inexcusable. However, I'm more concerned about drinking tea and marmite crumpets, you have children with better taste already!

Accepting we are the worst team in the division not to have been relegated yet is my take after today

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Amongst the current shitstorm, I just felt it worth mentioning that out of the entire nation of England, and the 92 professional clubs, there are only 16 teams currently better than BHA. 6 of whom are operating on a completely different financial stratosphere than most other clubs - not just in this country, but in Europe.

I realise this mostly goes against tonights doom-laden narrative, and I'm not going to go all "Hereford". But I think its a point worth mentioning, whilst some folk are absolutely losing their shit. Grotty, embarrassing result today. But take a half-step back.

God; that’s annoying... like an unstoppable Mr Happy, in a gloomy smoked filled room... shining a light on a glimmer in yonder distance...

I follow the light,
In the black,
An open coffin I perceive,
My eye is drawn to the body within,
A pale imitation of what had been...

And then i see,
My own dead eyes looking back at me.

What the **** is in this ‘special ale...’

Anyway.

Pah! I hate it when positive people appear as if by magic.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
The reality is this...
If our shower don't turn up (yet again) this coming Tuesday then trying to avoid the drop is going to take some doing. Cardiff are more than capable of winning a couple of games before the season ends, at this moment in time I'm not sure we are capable of winning...or even drawing one.

I sincerely hope that whatever is going on behind closed doors (and it is) it's sorted out before we play Cardiff.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I don’t lose my head over it like I would have done years ago. Life still goes on and the Albion result is fairly incidental. But if we’re going to waste some of our lives a) going to the games and b) discussing them on here, let’s at least call it out for what it is. Losing 5-0 to Bournemouth today is, pound for pound, every bit as bad as some of the horror shows of years gone by.

Exactly. But what makes it worse for me is that we supposedly have quality players that earn a fortune. At least in those bad old days we were shite but paying peanuts for it.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’re shit with Cardiff, Hudd and Fulham.

Not down in the dumps about it, I realised that some time back when little old Burnley turned up, Dunk fell over and they scored three. We’re not very good at PL football.

I’ve been looking forward to seeing what TB is going to do about it this summer. If we stay up!!!!

If not, we’re back in the loss-making Championship, which will cost CH dearly, quite literally. But at least we’ll win some home games. I’ll still be going.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

With you all the way ........................................ until you mentioned the f***in' golf!

el punal

To be honest it’s everyone’s take after that horror show. I just hope, I really do, that the players will react positively when we play Cardiff on Tuesday - in other words accept the shitfest of criticism due to them, accept that as professionals they can perform so much better, and do what is required to at least save their bacon for another year in the Premier League.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If the team isn't good enough to stay up, the team isn't good enough to stay up. It's only football at the end of the day.

There are only eight teams that haven't been relegated from the Premier League - I don't expect Brighton to become the ninth...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With you all the way ........................................ until you mentioned the f***in' golf!

Oh come on. INFINITELY more impressive and entertaining than anything we saw this afternoon.

We're BHA. We've always been a bit shit. Oh hell, here comes MOTD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here