Midfield?
Wingers?
Strikers?

What is the biggest failing?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
For me it's between the Midfield and the Strikers.

Andone looks fumbly and unsure when he receives the ball, Locadia bumbles around looking like he's just stumbled out of a weightlifting contest after forgetting leg days for the last 12 months, and Izquierdo may as well just put a white sheet over his head and shout 'woooo' at the defenders for all he gets noticed. Glenn tries, but he's too old to be running around like a lunatic - and the service to him is bloody woeful anyway.

Midfield may as well have a rear view mirror on each shoulder to help them with the back passes.

I'm not a happy bunny at the moment. May need time to take a breath and sleep on it.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I will get slated for this but I have to say Stephens, he generally slows play down, he takes 2 touches before a pass. He is a good player but to progress I think it is the most important position to improve, break up play then pass. Simples.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
The biggest failing is not keeping the ball moving when we get forward. Bournmouth showed us how it should be done, early passes into danger areas always creates some chances.
We seem to be frightened of playing a pass into the opposition box - we always seem to stop the ball before doing anything with it. Defenders get organised and our opplrtunity has gone before we create a chance. We need to keep some pace in our moves and do what we have needed aĺl season - play Murray and Andone in a 4 4 2.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
For me it's between the Midfield and the Strikers.

Andone looks fumbly and unsure when he receives the ball, Locadia bumbles around looking like he's just stumbled out of a weightlifting contest after forgetting leg days for the last 12 months, and Izquierdo may as well just put a white sheet over his head and shout 'woooo' at the defenders for all he gets noticed. Glenn tries, but he's too old to be running around like a lunatic - and the service to him is bloody woeful anyway.

Midfield may as well have a rear view mirror on each shoulder to help them with the back passes.

I'm not a happy bunny at the moment. May need time to take a breath and sleep on it.

Think you might need to change your user name next season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Honestly, I can’t put my finger on anything specific. The worst thing is when we bring Murray on and he has no one around him.

Part of our success last year was Gross supporting and we just haven’t tried anyone in that role since Gross has been injured.

I do fear we now have average, big wage players that English teams won’t want, and their previous leagues won’t be able to afford. If we do go down we better hope they can step it back up

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Tactics of having midfield and striker miles apart. Bissouma has clearly been told to stay deep, is was so wrong. So Hughton takes major blame.

That said Ryan hasn’t been anything like the same since his International tournament. Dunk and Duffy were sore today, maybe too many games.

Midfield not creative enough and so slow - tactics hold them back.

Wingers useless without a final ball.

Murray is the only target man we have. Locadia and Andone just aren’t up to it.

Other than that I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Midfield. End of.

Get the right midfielders in in the summer (and no, I've no idea of any names) and the rest will improve. Still be room for improvement, yes - but that can wait for 2020.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Think you might need to change your user name next season.

Nope. I chose it, I stay with it. He can be a knobhead, but I absolutely love his passion and commitment - even if it spills over into petulance and stupidity. I love the fella.

Even if he does go he'll have been a player we've loved at one point or another. He tore the Championship a new arse, and to be honest I think that's his level. He needs to feel special, and in the Championship he's very much that.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
I will get slated for this but I have to say Stephens, he generally slows play down, he takes 2 touches before a pass. He is a good player but to progress I think it is the most important position to improve, break up play then pass. Simples.

Sounds simple, but in reality Stephens needs movement ahead of him. No doubt he could/should be quicker on the ball but he’s not a creative middle man, his job is to keep the ball moving.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Recruitment, or lack of the right quality
Pröpper - has no pace, he can’t defend, and one assist from 27 PL games by our ‘creative’ CM’ is hopeless.

Stephens is fine as our sitter, but we need two true PL CM’ers in front of him.

Strikers - other than a 35 year old, the others have simply not risen to the PL challenge.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Central midfield. Been saying it all season and it's still true. That is the engine room of the team, if that's letting you down your team will fail.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
It was banded about in the summer that failing to invest in a window was equivalent to moving backwards, as all the teams around us would strengthen. Then we sign nobody in January, it doesn't take a prophet to foresee a relegation scrap as we hit free-fall in the new year. This was avoidable.

We have the league's most defensive manager and it seems we're losing the ability to defend. The worst (Sorry Maty) starting keeper in the league and a distinct lack of creative players every week.
FFS we rely on a 47 year old for our goals every week, or hope a CB can nut in a corner then hold onto a single goal lead until the final whistle.

Coaching and management take the brunt of the blame. Our wingers can't cross, out strikers look scared to shoot and out midfielders find it hard to pass to a fellow teammate.

Although an unpopular view, IMHO Hughton, Ryan, Propper, Knockers and AJ would be little missed come next season. That said, what worries me the most is replacing GM.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was banded about in the summer that failing to invest in a window was equivalent to moving backwards, as all the teams around us would strengthen. Then we sign nobody in January, it doesn't take a prophet to foresee a relegation scrap as we hit free-fall in the new year. This was avoidable.

We have the league's most defensive manager and it seems we're losing the ability to defend. The worst (Sorry Maty) starting keeper in the league and a distinct lack of creative players every week.
FFS we rely on a 47 year old for our goals every week, or hope a CB can nut in a corner then hold onto a single goal lead until the final whistle.

Coaching and management take the brunt of the blame. Our wingers can't cross, out strikers look scared to shoot and out midfielders find it hard to pass to a fellow teammate.

Although an unpopular view, IMHO Hughton, Ryan, Propper, Knockers and AJ would be little missed come next season. That said, what worries me the most is replacing GM.

But isn’t it a nightmare to coach a squad with all the failings (you rightly) point out:
1. No vital Jan19 upgrades.
2. Ryan.
3. Wingers.
4. Propper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here