Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booing when Andone was subbed

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
There was so much to boo today and it truly was awful BUT I don't get why this sub was booed?
Andone had been awful and it was obvious at this time that we would be going 442 with Jose about to come on as well.
At that stage in the game switching to 2 upfront (Murray and Locadia) seemed the right thing to do for me. Murray holds the ball up better and can bring others into the game better (than Andone today at least).
Anyone able to explain why they booed this?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We were 2-0 down, they had 3 at the back and Hughton decided to swap him for a 35 year old player....

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
There was so much to boo today and it truly was awful BUT I don't get why this sub was booed?
Andone had been awful and it was obvious at this time that we would be going 442 with Jose about to come on as well.
At that stage in the game switching to 2 upfront (Murray and Locadia) seemed the right thing to do for me. Murray holds the ball up better and can bring others into the game better (than Andone today at least).
Anyone able to explain why they booed this?

Obvious why it was booed imo. Take a defender off and try get something from the game. Like for like sub was a wasted opportunity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was shit, wasn’t sure if the booing was for him being subbed and directed at him or Hughton for bringing Murray on for him.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I assumed it was booing for Andone because he was so bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Anyone who boos their own team at anytime is a moron. Got some of our own own supposed super fans screaming and booing after only a few minutes. Who is that knob in the front row of WSU block H? Big green coat, was on the Albion Roar recently.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Anyone who boos their own team at anytime is a moron. Got some of our own own supposed super fans screaming and booing after only a few minutes. Who is that knob in the front row of WSU block H? Big green coat, was on the Albion Roar recently.

I am in general agreement with you, but today I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Have to disagree. There's not much you can do or even say these days as a high paying supporter of a club. Booing sends a clear polite harmless signal of dissatisfaction. We have, rightly, seen a lot worse in the not too distant past. We're probably not allowed to be any more dissatisfied, legally, these days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But I bet Hughton had a semi when I pulled off And One in slung on Muzza.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
How else are you supposed to disagree with a decision? Like-for-like when you have made clear your preference by choosing Andone to start and you are 2-0 down. Mad decision, which I would have happily applauded with the benefit of hindsight. Except we went on to lose 5-0.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

**** me, 30000 dissatisfied punters and you pick on someone because you recognise their coat and they had the balls to put their opinion out there on a radio show :facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Anyone who boos their own team at anytime is a moron.

So are you saying players and coaching staff on a very healthy wedge per week - generally what most people earn in a year or more yet go support and spend their hard earnt - are immune to being told they haven't done their job? I'd love to spend an hour in your thoughts, just for parity, or clarity.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
**** me, 30000 dissatisfied punters and you pick on someone because you recognise their coat and they had the balls to put their opinion out there on a radio show :facepalm:

You're being very generous thinking there were 30k there today.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Because it was a straight swap, which meant one up front despite being 2 goals down

But it was obvious it was the first of 2 quick subs and that we were about to go 2 upfront.
Jose was clearly the next to come on and it was obvious that Locadia would then go upfront.
These were the right subs imo - no idea why fans booed them.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

Clearly the booing had the desired effect, as that second half was dynamite. Clearly got them up for it - they were like caged tigers unleashed.

Or maybe it had the opposite effect? Just saying like.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
How else are you supposed to disagree with a decision? Like-for-like when you have made clear your preference by choosing Andone to start and you are 2-0 down. Mad decision, which I would have happily applauded with the benefit of hindsight. Except we went on to lose 5-0.

Like for like for 2 mins before bringing on the 2nd sub - it was clear he was about to go 2 upfront.
Would you have kept Andone on as the lone striker? Murray and 2 up top was the way to go - this was not why we lost 5-0!

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Clearly the booing had the desired effect, as that second half was dynamite. Clearly got them up for it - they were like caged tigers unleashed.

Or maybe it had the opposite effect? Just saying like.

I suggest that we all boo during the next game against Cardiff until we score. Thinking about it if they score the booing will have obviously worked so we might as well boo the whole game for maximum benefit. In addition instead of cheering the names when read out let's let them know that we thought they played badly today and boo instead. Clearly booing is the positive force they need and the positive atmosphere it creates really spurs them on. Afterall we are all spending our money so it's really up to us to make the difference.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
2/0 and you put a striker on and take the existing one off.
Are you Chris Hughton or just taking the p*ss ( just like Hughton).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here