Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Mepham Headbutt incident

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was in the South Stand today and didn't see the incident.

Was it a dubious one?

What did Andone do to get a card?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Saw it on a stream. Should have got a red. Leaned forward and touched his head, you simply can't do that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fairly important decision which the ref appears to have missed.

Was Andone at fault too, I assume so as he got the same punishment.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Our players are too honest, last week and this had they gone down a red card should have followed although saying that we never get any important decisions in the PL

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Fairly important decision which the ref appears to have missed.

Was Andone at fault too, I assume so as he got the same punishment.

The replay showed Friend looking straight at the players as the incident unfolded. Difficult to see what Andone did to deserve the card.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We haven’t had a red card for an opposition team since Huddersfield away, back on 1st December. And we haven’t had a pen since Palace at home, 3 days later. It’s about time we got a big refereeing decision go our way. Hopefully on Tuesday.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Our players are too professional. Dyche's Burnley would have seen players both weeks fall like a sack of spuds and roll around clutching their heads.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Mepham Headbutt incident

1). It won't be highlighted and discussed on MOTD; they will only concentrate on how good B'muff were and how bad we were;
2). It won't get a mention on Sky Sports 'Ref Watch' on Monday morning, but if by some strange chance it does, Dermot Gallagher will find a way to say the decision was fine.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
We haven’t had a red card for an opposition team since Huddersfield away, back on 1st December. And we haven’t had a pen since Palace at home, 3 days later. It’s about time we got a big refereeing decision go our way. Hopefully on Tuesday.

We are getting refereeing decision going our way recently - every time Cardiff get one going against them, we benefit. Can even thank Mike Dean today!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Saw it on a stream. Should have got a red. Leaned forward and touched his head, you simply can't do that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I see good old Ashley Barnes got a yellow today for kissing the player who fouled him on the forehead, maybe this is the way forward???
#ashleybarnes,leaderofmen

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
You make your own luck at this level. Positive, progressive play that produces chances and goals means you don’t need to rely on officials and their reading of situations like this. If we had been 2-0 up like we might have been had this game taken place 6 months ago then no one would give a damn about handbags. We have far more to worry about than the officials.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here