Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Hughton to Step Up

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If ever there is a time for Chris to demonstrate the managerial skills for which he has been feted all season, this is it. Not quite, but almost a one match shoot-out. He needs to show his mettle and find a formation and personnel to win one match. Warnock will have Chris sussed unless Chris pulls a surprise of some sort - goodness knows what, but we dare not be predictable, slow or any of the usual nonsense. It needs to be Man Utd all over again.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Yes, great bloke, done well over his tenure with what he’s had at his disposal but the Cardiff game is where he needs to put all those years on the sidelines to good use, and make it count.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I’ve lost faith, really hope the players haven’t

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Maybe promote him to the Director of Football role and get a creative manager in with new ideas in training and motivation. In that sense he could always be available to temporarily step in to cover when other managers don't work.

To get rid of him entirely would be a bit of an insult to what he has done here,

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well that was like Mr Mcghee's last match against Stoke at the Withdean. Did any player show anything today. CH so defensive minded but they have lost all ability to defend coupled with stage fright when they have to attack. All down th CH I'm afraid who's defend at the expense of anything else is costing us dearly

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I will not say a bad word about Chris as a person. He conducts himself with great credit and is always composed in his reactions (in public anyway).

BUT - the biggest concern for me today was not the size of the defeat but the way the players appeared to down tools and almost give up. Does Chris really have the ability to lift this squad of players for what is as we all know a massive game on Tuesday? From what I saw today I really fear that we have very few ideas of how to get the best from what I accept is a pretty limited squad, and I'm not convinced they will be able to lift themselves for Tuesday. Warnock will have his side right up for this as this may be their last chance to save themselves, and I worry that if we concede the first goal it will all go tits up again. If it does then I think relegation is highly likely as I couldn't then see us getting anything from our remaining games.

If we survive then a major analysis needs to be undertaken as to whether Chris is the long term answer as manager - has he taken us as far as we can go? and also recruitment needs to be reviewed as really hardly any of of the players signed since we've been in the Premier League have made much of an impact. Yes, a few have done ok, and I still hold out hope for Bissouma and Bernardo to be good long term signings but can we continue to chance our arm from lesser European leagues? or do we try to strengthen and take chances with Championship players and hope they can make the step up?

Having calmed down after today's shambles I will be giving it my all in the stands on Tuesday as I know will all decent Albion fans to push us to that crucial win that will hopefully take us just about to safety. Then the hard work will really have to begin.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Back the manager everyone, nothing is changing this season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Maybe promote him to the Director of Football role and get a creative manager in with new ideas in training and motivation. In that sense he could always be available to temporarily step in to cover when other managers don't work.

To get rid of him entirely would be a bit of an insult to what he has done here,

Totally agree, I want him out as manager but not out of the club, we owe him loyalty for that.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
He has had since Fulham to step it up and we've see nothing of the sort.

and you’re not wrong here either, but it’s backs to the wall for the next few vital games. I feel it’s too late to make any change, so if our C.H. is struggling to boost the team then we all need to help him do so.

please don’t think i’m suggesting you aren’t,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here