Andone 4 / Murray 5
    Locadia 5

Pretty much as I saw it
    Hobby Horse. So many Albion fans have no clue about Dales worth

When I listen to radio/ tv h e always gets a key mention

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      can't bring myself to argue .....locadia...?? did he even ****ing play ..??
      FLOUNDERING...!!!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BNthree View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Bit generous to Ryan if you ask me.
      Surely he got a bonus point for hitting Stephen's @rse when he thumped the ball upfield after the 5th goal

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NooBHA View Post
      Ali will come good as a player at Brighton but to sort of gloat at the defeat because he didn't play isn't all that nice to read on this forum.

Maybe once Ali contributes like he is part of a team. Perhaps his fans will also ?
      I think you misinterpreted: I was fine with him not playing, just that perhaps now the people who keep blaming losses and stagnant play on him realize this is a whole team problem not a why doesn't Alireza score five goals a game problem. A healthy team should have competition for all positions but it makes no sense to play your all time most expensive signing out of position and then have fans blame him for losses or tactics. Here you are without him, what happened? Didn't mean to "gloat", it is merely a reflection of the nonsense posts I read after games that he plays in. He is consistently undervalued and his contributions are measured only in goals/assists, instead of all the other things he has brought to the team immediately. This has been visible numerous times when he is subbed out and suddenly the opposing team finds space down that flank, despite a fresh player being on.

And, to be honest, if you count many of our other players' roles as "contributions" then I don't know what to tell you. If AK had not scored the CP goal, then what would you say his overall contribution was this season? And if a single goal is the difference between "contributing" and "not contributing" then maybe we just won't see the team the same way.

There are lots of big questions this season: why was March played game after game when he was "not contributing" but then as soon as he started playing well he lost his spot? Why did Kayal disappear even though he was contributing much as well? Why is Andone underplayed when we need pressure up front, especially if paired with Alireza and Izzy, instead of slow, hoof-it football?

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Must be dull watching a team and only being interested in one player in the squad, especially when he doesnít play
      Not fair, but oh well life usually isn't

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sagaman View Post
      Sunday Times Ratings

Ryan. 4
      Montoya 4
      Duffy 4
      Dunk 3
      Bernardo4
      Bissouma 5
      Stephens 5
      Propper 4. Izzy 6?
      Knockaert 3
      Andone 4 / Murray 5
      Locadia 5

Pretty much as I saw it
      Hobby Horse. So many Albion fans have no clue about Dales worth

When I listen to radio/ tv h e always gets a key mention
      Damning of Lewis Dunk. Could be a very long time before he’s trusted for England duty.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by teammelli View Post
      I think you misinterpreted: I was fine with him not playing, just that perhaps now the people who keep blaming losses and stagnant play on him realize this is a whole team problem not a why doesn't Alireza score five goals a game problem. A healthy team should have competition for all positions but it makes no sense to play your all time most expensive signing out of position and then have fans blame him for losses or tactics. Here you are without him, what happened? Didn't mean to "gloat", it is merely a reflection of the nonsense posts I read after games that he plays in. He is consistently undervalued and his contributions are measured only in goals/assists, instead of all the other things he has brought to the team immediately. This has been visible numerous times when he is subbed out and suddenly the opposing team finds space down that flank, despite a fresh player being on.

And, to be honest, if you count many of our other players' roles as "contributions" then I don't know what to tell you. If AK had not scored the CP goal, then what would you say his overall contribution was this season? And if a single goal is the difference between "contributing" and "not contributing" then maybe we just won't see the team the same way.

There are lots of big questions this season: why was March played game after game when he was "not contributing" but then as soon as he started playing well he lost his spot? Why did Kayal disappear even though he was contributing much as well? Why is Andone underplayed when we need pressure up front, especially if paired with Alireza and Izzy, instead of slow, hoof-it football?
      :
      Your defence of your favourite player is admirable.

But it is not just about goals and assists, itís about all round play. Can you honestly say, regardless of the position he is playing in, he has made a meaningful contribution?

His work-rate is ordinary at best, regardless of your opinion of March and Knockaert they both work a lot harder, and play for the team.
      Based on the games Iíve seen he has no change of pace and looks out of his depth, that also applies when he switches wings. Has he even got a meaningful cross in from either side?

I still believe next season he may come good, but for where we are currently we need a lot more from AJ than he is currently showing.

We do not win or lose games because of one player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Milano View Post
      Ridiculously knee jerk.
      6 average

Ryan - 5. Didnít do much wrong and kicking was better today, when was the last time he made a Ďdig us outí save though?
      Montoya - 6. I thought he was decent in spells, most good came down our right.
      Duffy - 4. Totally at fault for the first goal, awful game. Limitations are being exposed.
      Dunk - 5. Will be gutted. Actually played OK until that last 20 minutes.
      Bernardo - 4. Good player, terrible game. Iíd be tempted to play Bong Tuesday.
      Stephens - 3. Lost all confidence with the ball, suddenly canít seem to tackle. Actually improved slightly when Propper went off and we went to a 4.
      Propper - 1. SHIT. Stunk the place out. Rightly subbed.
      Bissouma - 6. The ONLY one looking to drive forward, if people canít see the potential here theyíre watching the wrong sport.
      AK - 0. Goodbye.
      Locadia - 3. I fear weíve done our money. Play him as a number 9 or not at all. Why didnít he shoot when he passed to Murray?
      Andone - 4. Starting to think he is actually more affective as an impact sub. I think heís a number 10 in a 4-4-2. Was subbed to stop him getting sent off, the irony.

Murray - 5. Did OK, so slow to react to that half chance though.
      Izzy - 4. Did nothing, looks rusty which is understandable.

Hughton - 2. The formation doesnít work, we donít have the players for it. Einsteinís theory of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome. A large section of our crowd turned today, I fear this wonít end well which is very sad.

The crowd - 10. At last we told the team (and manager) what we felt. A result like this has been brewing for months and weíve been letting them off easy IMO.
      i like Bissouma but his first touch is sometimes a bit heavy and he needs to work on his passing and shooting do this and I think will have a very good footballer.
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SI 4 BHA View Post
      Warren Aspinall said he had watched a few Dutch games and thought he could still get a game over there as the pace was so slow! B'mouth got Wilson from Coventry for less than £4m and Brooks from Sheff Utd for £11m, both miles better that the £30m we spent on AJ and JL. WTF are our recruitment team doing?
      Our recruitment team watched Wilson over 30 (thirty) times. Nope, me neither.
      "I wasted £100 on a hotel room, another £100 on drink, whole weekend a complete waste of money, all in all the worst away day iv'e ever had ever. i can handle wasting good money, but seeing palace players getting laughed at by that lot, being laughed at as we leave the ground, that f***ing hurts, feel numb today, feel totaly numb with shock, going to take a long time to get over this one."

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Damning of Lewis Dunk. Could be a very long time before he’s trusted for England duty.
      Not surprising, I thought Lewis Dunk was absolute shite, and has been bailed out by Duffy quite often recently. I really don't understand what's happened to him.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      Can you honestly say, regardless of the position he is playing in, he has made a meaningful contribution?
      I can, based off the times I've seen him substituted out and then watched as his replacement's flank becomes the big hole that the opposing team exploits. And in games when he hasn't played?..

The effect is clear: in EPL games where Alireza has played more than 70 minutes, Brighton have 5 wins and 2 losses (one against Chelsea..). That's 15 of Brighton's 33 points (45%) all season have come in the SEVEN games Alireza has played a significant role in.

His work-rate is ordinary at best, regardless of your opinion of March and Knockaert they both work a lot harder, and play for the team.
      Based on the games Iíve seen he has no change of pace and looks out of his depth, that also applies when he switches wings. Has he even got a meaningful cross in from either side?
      He needs to bulk up, sure, but what gives you the impression his work-rate is "ordinary"? Because he doesn't hotheadedly charge at three defenders recklessly and lose the ball when he has the option to pass to an open player? Because he doesn't throw a fit every time something doesn't go his way or yell at a teammate so that he can show his "passion"? Anthony Knockaert has had 15 EPL games where he has played 70 minutes or more (I won't even include Bournemouth when he got the red at 68'). Brighton's record in those 15 games? 4 win 3 ties 8 losses, LESS wins and EQUAL points than with Alireza in the team despite Alireza being played less than HALF as many games. So what use or good is all this presumed "work-rate" and passion if you don't get results?

We do not win or lose games because of one player.
      I agree, which is why I hope to see other Brighton fans not demean him or insult his dedication to the team when he plays a strong game and important role, but doesn't score.