Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5, 6, 7 players need to go!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yea let's oust all our players.

This will be a list of everyone's least favourite players and very little merit involved in ascertaining whether they are 'PL' quality, if there is such a thing.

A team can be PL quality, like Burnley, with only a handful of players that most people would declare the same about on an individual level.

Our squad is decent enough (just about) to stay in this division, bottom line.

I am more inclined to fault how the players are being instructed, than to pick holes in the ability of individuals who will all obviously have glaring faults because they are playing for us, and not Man City.

mattislost

Dec 12, 2011
Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Gross, Izquiero are PL quality

Montoya is borderline

Bissouma and Bernardo will be absolute mustard with a bit more PL experience

Andone? Jury's out. Can't survive on three good games a season but has been injury plagued.

Everyone else must be made available.

Izquierdo, who managed to kick the ball in his own face whilst trying to shoot today?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

Montoya is borderline

Andone? Jury's out. Can't survive on three good games a season but has been injury plagued.

Pretty much agree, but I still think Izquierdo also belongs to the Jurys Out club

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
You have to move players on and progress the squad.
I’d personally let Montoya (some of his positioning for a right back is baffling at times)
Knockaert - seems in a paradox to good for championship but not good enough for PL and he is to petulant
Propper - potentially keep but isn’t mobile enough especially alongside Gross and Stephens
Stephens - mobile upgrade needed
Gross - same as above
Locadia 18 months little to show for it cut losses move him on
Andone and Murray i would but neither should be 1st choice

Bong Hemed Kayal balogun need moving along as well

We also need to fit players to the way we plan to play
This 433 451 appears to suit very few of our signings and we end up players plying in the wrong place

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry but for the first half of the seasons the players were good enough to hold their own. From a economical point of view, it will be far cheaper to change a manager that isn't performing than it will be to change pretty much the entire squad as some seem to suggest.

The players lack direction and motivation. Can only mean one thing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The home form has fallen off a cliff and that's a worry. Chris changed the tactics today - understandably - but it's backfired. Some of the players look like they've reached their natural limit, i.e Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal and there's nothing wrong with that, but we don't know if there's more to come from Ali J, Locadia, Andone, Bissouma.

The bottom line is we have the biggest game of the season coming up on Tuesday and the natural inclination is to go with players who will fight for the shirt - and that doesn't include many of our expensive acquisitions.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Montoya is borderline

I don’t rate Ryan at this moment in time, poor since January.

Izquierdo is a one trick pony.

I’d keep Propper as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Izquierdo, who managed to kick the ball in his own face whilst trying to shoot today?

Pretty much agree, but I still think Izquierdo also belongs to the Jurys Out club

He's not fit. The guy who played in the second half of last season and took West Ham to bits twice is PL class. The guy who's been injured since the World Cup? Not so much. But I would keep him. He's shown he can do it. Unlike Ali J and Locadia who have show repeatedly that they're not up to it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Johnny Cantor tonight said that we have a bottom 3 player wages budget.

Which reflects in the very often substandard first team, play and squad.

Of course we need to move on from that this summer.

Norwich, and quite possibly Leeds and Villa, will get promoted this summer. The PL is about to get even more competitive.

All the chronically weak squads (including either Cardiff or Brighton) would’ve been removed from the PL by this summer - Sunderland, WBA, Hudd, Swansea, Cardiff/Brighton, Fulham.

If we stay up, TB’s going to have to up the ante for 2019/20.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sorry but for the first half of the seasons the players were good enough to hold their own. From a economical point of view, it will be far cheaper to change a manager that isn't performing than it will be to change pretty much the entire squad as some seem to suggest.

The players lack direction and motivation. Can only mean one thing.

CH recently said at a fans Q&A evening, that “we were outplayed by Newcastle, Wolves and West Ham”. He was honest and realistic enough about those wins. 2019 has shown our true level.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The problem is, if we are to get rid of players where do they go? All on Prem wages and we know Dutch / German / Spanish teams can’t afford to pay that. If we go down we are stuck with most of this squad

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I guess the question is does TB want to go to the next level financially with the squad!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I guess the question is does TB want to go to the next level financially with the squad!

Well, Winstanley, Bloom and Barber have a huge say in signings, CH didn’t scout Holland to come up with Propper, Locadia and Jahanbakhsh.

Does TB have faith in the current system in general and scouting, with the next big spend?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Montoya is borderline

Almost exactly where I am, to the man. I'd add Solly March to your Premier quality list though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The home form has fallen off a cliff and that's a worry. Chris changed the tactics today - understandably - but it's backfired. Some of the players look like they've reached their natural limit, i.e Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal and there's nothing wrong with that, but we don't know if there's more to come from Ali J, Locadia, Andone, Bissouma.

The bottom line is we have the biggest game of the season coming up on Tuesday and the natural inclination is to go with players who will fight for the shirt - and that doesn't include many of our expensive acquisitions.

Bit harsh to drag Kayal into that when he doesn't get game time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here