Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5, 6, 7 players need to go!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Warren was talking about a winger at Swansea called James I think!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What a ridiculous over-reaction.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Warren was talking about a winger at Swansea called James I think!

Very exciting young player. They turned down £10m from Leeds at the last second on January deadline day. He’s been brilliant since and that figure has probably doubled.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Very exciting young player. They turned down £10m from Leeds at the last second on January deadline day. He’s been brilliant since and that figure has probably doubled.

But he wouldn’t be good enough to go straight into the side so what the point? We don’t need more under 23 players. Infact I’d get rid of the lot, complete waste of club resources. None of ‘em will make it in the PL, this much we can be sure of. Brighton never have and never will produce top class players, we’ve always relied on purchasing from elsewhere. And big deal before someone quotes Dunk. That’s what, 1 top division through the ranks player in 118 years...Not exactly Newcastle. Or even Norwich.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If you look at this objectively, I am struggling to think of any of our players who do not deserve to be in a premier league squad. The problem is that we need to have a few better players in the team.

I would say key positions are - striker, midfield *amore creative version of Stephens, one winger. Right back , maybe a keeper.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we get relegated does Hemed stay with us ? I thought we sold him but apparently not!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now we have reached the end of the season and our fate secured perhaps we should be looking more realistically at who of our 25 man squads hold be released. I think there are 3 or 4 that need replacing being Knockaert, Kayal and either Steel or Button all to be replaced by players with the potential to become 1st choice but if not improve the squad. The GK is obvious upgrade Walton the rest are not so easy and obvious.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Now we have reached the end of the season and our fate secured perhaps we should be looking more realistically at who of our 25 man squads hold be released. I think there are 3 or 4 that need replacing being Knockaert, Kayal and either Steel or Button all to be replaced by players with the potential to become 1st choice but if not improve the squad. The GK is obvious upgrade Walton the rest are not so easy and obvious.

With Izzy being out for a while I can't see us selling Knockaert in a hurry.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Leeds have a great young fullback

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Who knows who is good and who is bad? If you play 10 defenders you'll never find out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Knockaert out, Bruno as manager, do your fishing trips no no bounds?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As posted the Bruno suggestion was said as a joke but they have not let us down but I do not think that either Knockaert or Kayal are consistently good enough for us to progress.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
But he wouldn’t be good enough to go straight into the side so what the point? We don’t need more under 23 players. Infact I’d get rid of the lot, complete waste of club resources. None of ‘em will make it in the PL, this much we can be sure of. Brighton never have and never will produce top class players, we’ve always relied on purchasing from elsewhere. And big deal before someone quotes Dunk. That’s what, 1 top division through the ranks player in 118 years...Not exactly Newcastle. Or even Norwich.

I've only seen him in the FA cup match v man city, but he looked decent. Lightning quick and a good touch, he would be great addition.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO each season you have to try and make the squad more competitive,not wholesale changes. Perhaps maybe 4 players of extra quality ,probably some under 21s as well with Ashworths input,giving us a bigger squad to choose from,which I feel we missed this season.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As posted the Bruno suggestion was said as a joke but they have not let us down but I do not think that either Knockaert or Kayal are consistently good enough for us to progress.

to be fair to Knockaert his inconsisitency is why we have him and not at some other team higher in the league. when he is good, he is very very good. id like him to be lss argumentitive with officials and cut out what ever it is makes him take stupid "tackles" like the Bournmouth game. we arent going to get a replacment for any small change.

Kayal on the other hand im afraid isnt upto standard. his heart is there but not the quality. i'd take that but we need to upgrade the squad. Stephens probably isnt up to scratch either but i dont think easily replace the defensive side of his game so probably a stayer.

my controversial player to move on is Gross, probably best player at the club but doesnt suit the style we are supposed to be adopting. trying to fit him, give him games will lead to shithouse performances like Newcastle 1st half. or we abandon 4-3-3 stick to 4-4-1-1 and let half our wingers/forward go. difficult. on that front, AJ isnt suited to the league has talent but neither pace or phyiscality. Locadia has not delivered as hoped but has enough phyisical presence and think he can. Andone seemd like a terrier in first games, not sure why hasnt settle, maybe needs a run to get a rhythm and understanding withe others. so who needs to go largly depends on tactics Hughton want to pursue.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here