Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5, 6, 7 players need to go!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bit harsh to drag Kayal into that when he doesn't get game time.

That's because he's not as good as Stephens, and Stephens himself has reached his level.

That said, Tuesday is against Cardiff not Bournemouth and we'll need a cool head, passion and fight. For those reasons alone Kayal comes back into the reckoning.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Well, Winstanley, Bloom and Barber have a huge say in signings, CH didn’t scout Holland to come up with Propper, Locadia and Jahanbakhsh.

Does TB have faith in the current system in general and scouting, with the next big spend?

Imagine the fury on here if Burke made those inept signings!!?, really surprised there isn’t more spotlight on our recruitment which has been absolutely shocking!

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
That's because he's not as good as Stephens, and Stephens himself has reached his level.

That said, Tuesday is against Cardiff not Bournemouth and we'll need a cool head, passion and fight. For those reasons alone Kayal comes back into the reckoning.
I like Kayal, but I don't see him as a cool head. He tends to throw himself into a tackle, plus has blasted more shots over the bar than any player since John Templeman.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Imagine the fury on here if Burke made those inept signings!!?, really surprised there isn’t more spotlight on our recruitment which has been absolutely shocking!

It’s only really come to the fore this season. Gross, Ryan and Izquierdo were quality last season, even Propper got some assists.

Not so good since, all downhill.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Stephens
AK
AJ
Locadia
Murray

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ryan
Bernardo
Duffy
Dunk
Gross

Er, that's it

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
What happens at the Burmuda Triangle, otherwise known as our Academy??

This from July 2014...

'Brighton & Hove Albion’s academy has been awarded Category One status, the highest ranking under the Premier League’s Elite Players Performance Plan (EPPP).

After years of meticulous planning and hard work, head of football operations David Burke and his team were granted the status that they have been striving for, meaning Albion are now recognised as one of the best clubs in the country in terms of facilities, staff and opportunities for young players'

It's now 2019...Where the F**k are the 'young players' then?????????????????

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The wholesale changes people are claiming we need, I assume you mean under new management?

How on earth are we going to sell ourselves as a club and team to potential new players who could genuinely improve us if current management persists?

If we limp over the line then we will top the list of clubs NOT to come to if you want to show any kind of ability.

Having stewed on this a bit more, I'm coming around to believing Chris's position is untenable. He must know his days are numbered, and if we are to believe the reports of losing the dressing room then what is left to stick around for?

I really can't believe it has come to this.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
What happens at the Burmuda Triangle, otherwise known as our Academy??

This from July 2014...

'Brighton & Hove Albion’s academy has been awarded Category One status, the highest ranking under the Premier League’s Elite Players Performance Plan (EPPP).

After years of meticulous planning and hard work, head of football operations David Burke and his team were granted the status that they have been striving for, meaning Albion are now recognised as one of the best clubs in the country in terms of facilities, staff and opportunities for young players'

It's now 2019...Where the F**k are the 'young players' then?????????????????

Wow. So in five years you're expecting PL ready players.

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Keep long term: Ryan, Bernardo, Duffy, Dunk, Burn, Stephens, Bissouma, Izquierdo, March, Gross, Andone

Keep Bruno and Murray for one more season as bit part squad players that have experience and can be called upon if needed.

Borderline - keep if they are going to play regularly and develop. Otherwise sell: Locadia, AJ, Montoya

Everyone else can be sold

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Keep long term: Ryan, Bernardo, Duffy, Dunk, Burn, Stephens, Bissouma, Izquierdo, March, Gross, Andone

Keep Bruno and Murray for one more season as bit part squad players that have experience and can be called upon if needed.

Borderline - keep if they are going to play regularly and develop. Otherwise sell: Locadia, AJ, Montoya

Everyone else can be sold

Bruno and Murray are both past it. Stop hanging on to the past, we need new fresh players.

D

Deleted member 2719

So who would you keep?

I take you back to Hughton's first half season with the terrible squad inherited from Semi. All we did was defend and we had an awful period just like now but he did just enough for us to survive. Then we got some decent players in and boom.

Same thing's happening for me, we've signed a load of dirge and CH knows it.

But all managers can blame their tools, so in theory no managers would ever be at fault.

Imo i believe we have enough talent to attack and earn 3 points more often against mid to lower teams.
Yes, some have not performed as we liked but have they been mismanaged?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The home form has fallen off a cliff and that's a worry. Chris changed the tactics today - understandably - but it's backfired. Some of the players look like they've reached their natural limit, i.e Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal and there's nothing wrong with that, but we don't know if there's more to come from Ali J, Locadia, Andone, Bissouma.

The bottom line is we have the biggest game of the season coming up on Tuesday and the natural inclination is to go with players who will fight for the shirt - and that doesn't include many of our expensive acquisitions.

He didn't change the tactics, he changed the players. Kept the same formation, took a striker off when 0-2 down and we had one shot on target in the 90th minute. Pathetic and yes, I do blame the manager. Negative football and defending has been drilled into them so much that they do not know how to attack, at least 4 of their goals came from us passing the ball backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here