Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5, 6, 7 players need to go!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not my words but Warren Aspinall's "some players here think they're better then they are!"

Unfortunately I have to agree!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
No need to do this in an angry emotional way after a defeat. These players have served us well.

But Warren is right. We need probably 5 improved first team players to have a reasonable chance of staying at arms length from relegation. It follows that some of the players who got us up will feature less or will want a move

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Murray has kept us in the PL last season and possibly this one. Sure he is isn't great but he has scored a lot compared to the rest.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
No need to do this in an angry emotional way after a defeat. These players have served us well.

But Warren is right. We need probably 5 improved first team players to have a reasonable chance of staying at arms length from relegation. It follows that some of the players who got us up will feature less or will want a move

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The thread is the most relevant. Pointless calling for the head of CH. It is time for a clear-out. The squad lacks the necessary depth of quality and the dynamism required. It is a natural evolution.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I heard WA say that, he’s spot on. A whole load of new first teamers required.

Left back
Right back
Striker
Right winger
Left winger
Attacking CM
Box to box CM with pace

The current alternatives:
Bernardo can’t defend, ploughs forward, leaving 2 on 1’s againt Dunk.
Montoya, the same, shocking.
Muzza can’t last forever. Andone and Locadia missing in action, Andone outclassed by Steve Cook, Locadia workmanlike muscle-man.
Knockaert - love the bloke but selfish going forward, no pace in tracking back.
Jahanbakhsh and Izzy - offer little.
Propper and Gross - zero pace, Propper outclassed by Stains, Bmuff and Burnley, let alone the PL big spenders.
Bissouma - a work in progress, so much to learn. Awful decision making, pointless attempts at goal when defenders have the shot covered, unable to pass to a team mate.

OVER TO TONY BLOOM THIS SUMMER. ACTION, OR MORE OF THE DIRE SAME AND A RETURN TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

5 6 7 8 my bootscootin baby is driving me crazy

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Most people would forgive the players if they out in a shift from start to finish and earned the right to wear the shirt. We saw today a disorganised woeful display where you felt very few players cared about winning. Hardly surprising most of us are pretty angry at that display.

The team needs to know our loyalty can no longer be taken for granted.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ryan, Duffy, Dunk, Gross, Izquiero are PL quality

Montoya is borderline

Bissouma and Bernardo will be absolute mustard with a bit more PL experience

Andone? Jury's out. Can't survive on three good games a season but has been injury plagued.

Everyone else must be made available.

D

Deleted member 2719

Okay so let's blame the players as scapegoats.

That's why we defend at home constantly.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Still don't know what kayal has done wrong.... might not be the most stylish or technical but never lacks energy and commitment....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Okay so let's blame the players as scapegoats.

That's why we defend at home constantly.

So who would you keep?

I take you back to Hughton's first half season with the terrible squad inherited from Semi. All we did was defend and we had an awful period just like now but he did just enough for us to survive. Then we got some decent players in and boom.

Same thing's happening for me, we've signed a load of dirge and CH knows it.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
You all seem to think we’ll stay up, not guaranteed at all IMO. After today and the Southampton match we can’t count on beating Cardiff, let alone Newcastle.

Stumpy Tim

We have plenty of players who are Premier League standard, but we don't attack with conviction. Unfortunately we've now started defending like pub players too... and together we have a recipe for relegation

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here