Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton Out amnesty

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stephens deciding to pretend he was injured after giving the ball away was disgraceful. He should hold his head in shame.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'd have more confidence if we played the u-23s for the rest of the season, with Gully as manager.

SACK EVERYONE.

Joke.

Kind of.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Has to stay really. Making a change of manager won’t help with 6 games left. We need to go back to basics win ugly and get the job done.
Oddly enough if we are relegated I would say keep CH as his championship record is outstanding and his full 2 seasons in the Championship were some of the best football I’ve watched.
If he keeps us up I’d say club and CH need to sit down and have a blunt discussion on what is to be expected. Potentially there will be managers available in the summer who could kick us on a bit. Look at what the Southampton manager has done (with better players) in a short period and what Garcia has done at Watford.
But we are punching out weight in this division when you look at finances and for that CH is doing what is reasonably expected

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Today was terrible but we have to move on quickly, (now) because on Tuesday we have one of the biggest games in the club’s history.
Now is not the time to turn on the players or our manager. To do so would be to play into warnocks hands

So when we abjectly lose on Tuesday with another 10 men behind the ball defensive display to a poor Cardiff

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
"We came up against a very dynamic Bournemouth side and couldn't handle them."

"We started OK but didn't create much and then from our possession they scored four goals on the counter."

"We changed the shape but then went down to 10 men which makes it even harder. We found it very difficult to cope with them today."

"We did OK in the first half although they scored. We knew what we had to do in the second half but once the second goal goes in and we go down to 10 men the spaces become bigger and they picked us up."

"In the end it was about keeping that score down. The fear is - it could have been worse."

"We are in a fight at the moment. Our form is very up and down. This was on the back of a very good performance last week. We've got to get back to being the solid team we know we can be. If we thought today was a big game then Tuesday is an even bigger one."

"We have to show our character on Tuesday. Once the players cross that line it's only them who can do that."

"I've spoken to the team and I think it was one of the poorest performances since I've been here. Especially knowing the qualities of the team we were playing against."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/47844951

What would have been easier could have been summed up in one line.

"Sorry guys, did my best, went as far as my ability could take me, but it is quite clear I am not up for the job. I shall ask the board to look for a new manager."

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I feel like Hughton is his own worst enemy at times, our tactics are so negative and pedestrian. When we let the reigns off we look brilliant. Im sure he can have us playing more positive too, I know he was a defender himself but Nuno Espirito Santo was a keeper!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I feel like Hughton is his own worst enemy at times, our tactics are so negative and pedestrian. When we let the reigns off we look brilliant. Im sure he can have us playing more positive too, I know he was a defender himself but Nuno Espirito Santo was a keeper!

TBF to CH the Nuno fella has team of fookin good players. We are a mid table championship side full of average players, some signed for far too much money!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Today was terrible but we have to move on quickly, (now) because on Tuesday we have one of the biggest games in the club’s history.
Now is not the time to turn on the players or our manager. To do so would be to play into warnocks hands

Most fans will keep the vocal support up for tuesday but are you seriously thinking that we have to show support on here for what was a pitiful performance today. If though you expect a crowd on tuesday who will support us regardless of a decent showing then you are delusional. It could get quite messy - although of course I hope it doesn’t.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Disagree, I think they're good enough. If we go down, Propper will possibly be the first to go. Netherlands and Ajax don't seem to be doing too badly at the moment.

Hopefully one is a massive neon sign on the wall of their office saying "STOP SIGNING PLAYERS FROM HOLLAND FFS"

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
We won’t go down because luckily Cardiff are in the same division. Time to change the manager and see some positive football for the last few games.

I’d like to see what players like Propper can do when they are not drilled to be defenders but instead attack the opposition.

I want to know if Stephens can actually take risks and play a ball through the eye of a needle like he did at Charlton rather than pass back to play safe first.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Most fans will keep the vocal support up for tuesday but are you seriously thinking that we have to show support on here for what was a pitiful performance today. If though you expect a crowd on tuesday who will support us regardless of a decent showing then you are delusional. It could get quite messy - although of course I hope it doesn’t.

Of course today was shite. No, the players don’t come out with any credit. But nothing matters more than making it a horrible night for Cardiff, and giving the players full backing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here