Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton Out amnesty

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Today was terrible but we have to move on quickly, (now) because on Tuesday we have one of the biggest games in the club’s history.
Now is not the time to turn on the players or our manager. To do so would be to play into warnocks hands

Last edited:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Whatever happens, he won't be going before the end of the season.

So, yes, just get behind the team.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Completely correct OP. There will be a time for the conversation about whether he is the best man to take us forward, but it isn't a few days before our biggest match in years

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Today was terrible but we have to move on quickly, (now) because on Tuesday we have one of the biggest games in the club’s history.
Now is not the time to turn on the players or our manager.

I agree in part, one thing however remains undeniable: today was nothing short of a footballing disgrace.

The players need to shoulder the blame, but Chris needs to do something really special to turn us round... do you believe he can Dale? What say you? And why... by what evidence? Blind faith... or something more tangible, that I am missing?

I’m beginning to see his light ebb, the turning of the tide has arrived.

For me, Chris needs to drop nearly the entire team from today, bring in our available decent young players and attack from the off... again I have my doubts any of this will happen.

As for a win... hmmmmmm... I live in hope, but a fading one at that.

A bad day at the office.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just extremely angry but I suppos you are right.
Having said that though, how many times have a team suddenly performed after the sacking of a manager, even if it's only for a few games.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
CH will stay, but there needs to be wholesale changes made in both players and recruitment during the summer.

For whatever reason, a number of our expensive and high-profile signings simply haven't delivered.

A consistent failure to perform in employment generally leads to termination.

There shouldn't be any difference here.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has to stay for the rest of this season

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
CH will stay, but there needs to be wholesale changes made in ... recruitment during the summer.

Hopefully one is a massive neon sign on the wall of their office saying "STOP SIGNING PLAYERS FROM HOLLAND FFS"

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Virtually all management jobs end in tears at some point. Now is not the time, but that time is coming soon.

I can remember much earlier in the season when we had a run of crap form and someone mentioned replacing the manager to be met with howls of derision and abuse. Many said that we should stick with him even if he takes us down... I suspect that may have changed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Completely correct OP. There will be a time for the conversation about whether he is the best man to take us forward, but it isn't a few days before our biggest match in years

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thought we just lost the latest biggest game at the Amex v Bournemouth 0-5?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I agree in part, one thing however remains undeniable: today was nothing short of a footballing disgrace.

The players need to shoulder the blame, but Chris needs to do something really special to turn us round... do you believe he can Dale? What say you? And why... by what evidence? Blind faith... or something more tangible, that I am missing?

I’m beginning to see his light ebb, the turning of the tide has arrived.

For me, Chris needs to drop nearly the entire team from today, bring in our available decent young players and attack from the off... again I have my doubts any of this will happen.

As for a win... hmmmmmm... I live in hope, but a fading one at that.

A bad day at the office.

What young players? Shove them into a relegation dogfight that the first team have left them with and destroy their confidence.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"We came up against a very dynamic Bournemouth side and couldn't handle them."

"We started OK but didn't create much and then from our possession they scored four goals on the counter."

"We changed the shape but then went down to 10 men which makes it even harder. We found it very difficult to cope with them today."

"We did OK in the first half although they scored. We knew what we had to do in the second half but once the second goal goes in and we go down to 10 men the spaces become bigger and they picked us up."

"In the end it was about keeping that score down. The fear is - it could have been worse."

"We are in a fight at the moment. Our form is very up and down. This was on the back of a very good performance last week. We've got to get back to being the solid team we know we can be. If we thought today was a big game then Tuesday is an even bigger one."

"We have to show our character on Tuesday. Once the players cross that line it's only them who can do that."

"I've spoken to the team and I think it was one of the poorest performances since I've been here. Especially knowing the qualities of the team we were playing against."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/47844951

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
the simple facts are that our squad isn't good enough collectively and individually many of our players aren't good enough.

Is this Hughton's fault?

well he can only work with the resources that are available to him, but it's his duty to put out pressure on the chairman to sign the best players we can and then integrate them to improve the squad and the team, and ultimately improve results.

If he is not asking those questions he is failing. If he has asked for new players and been rejected then we are where we are and he has to do the best he can with what we've got.

For me our only ray of hope today, Knockheart let us down big time and it would not worry me if he never played for the club again. He has had too many chances.

Locadia looked like a fish out of water on the wing, Andone offered very little, Bissouma (the new Rohan Ince?) looked out of his depth and our mainstays, Ryan, Dunk and Duffy looked like the batterings they have had all season have finally caught up with them.

I am very worried about our PL status because we now need spirit rather than tactics to get us results, something Warnock has shedloads more that Hughton.

I'm not angry, honest!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Often.

Of course Norwich sacked Hughton when they were five points clear of the relegation zone with six games to go, and they got relegated

Have you seen their run in? They would have been relegated if they’d appointed Brian Clough. That relegation is on his cv and so will this one be.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
personally I think it would be risky giving him the elbow, and in honesty i think the balance is still just in the loyalty/ reward argument, but things are getting mighty close to the tipping point. I am certainly not blaming C.H. for all the issues, that would be unjust.

However my biggest concern is that I don’t think he and PT really know how to end this downwards spiral.

players seem to KAk themselves whenever the goal is in sight, panic and stop running.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
What young players? Shove them into a relegation dogfight that the first team have left them with and destroy their confidence.

And yet our experienced players are, what? World beaters? Come off it... one or two should never play for us again, and by blooding our best development youngsters, well, it’ll make or break them.

Q: Could our development squad have done much worse today?

I'm not so sure they could have to be brutal. Supplemented by Murray and Bruno etc. Some might well have ‘swam.’

Alas, knowing you, I suspect you’d rather see Dale Stephens give the ball away countless times, or pass backwards for 90 mins whilst hacking down opponents outside our box against the brilliance of Cardiff.

‘Tis the stuff dreams are made of.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here