Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton Out amnesty

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Of course today was shite. No, the players don’t come out with any credit. But nothing matters more than making it a horrible night for Cardiff, and giving the players full backing

If we don’t show willing in the first half on tuesday then it could become quite bitter.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And yet our experienced players are, what? World beaters? Come off it... one or two should never play for us again, and by blooding our best development youngsters, well, it’ll make or break them.

Q: Could our development squad have done much worse today?

Yes. The level that the dev squad play at is League 1, at best. Gyokeres has been tearing defences to shreds for the last 2 seasons but was anonymous when promoted to the FA Cup side against Derby and West Brom.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Virtually all management jobs end in tears at some point. Now is not the time, but that time is coming soon.

I can remember much earlier in the season when we had a run of crap form and someone mentioned replacing the manager to be met with howls of derision and abuse. Many said that we should stick with him even if he takes us down... I suspect that may have changed.
.....cough....... maybe not!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Hopefully one is a massive neon sign on the wall of their office saying "STOP SIGNING PLAYERS FROM HOLLAND FFS"

Completely agree. I said exactly the same on a Facebook page. Those Dutch players have generally been woeful.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Today was terrible but we have to move on quickly, (now) because on Tuesday we have one of the biggest games in the club’s history.
Now is not the time to turn on the players or our manager. To do so would be to play into warnocks hands

Too late.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If we don’t show willing in the first half on tuesday then it could become quite bitter.

It’s understandable everyone is p*ssed off - I am too - but to give Cardiff an advantage by not backing the team would be criminal .
i fear us going one down early, the crowd turning, Cardiff loving it and time wasting their way to their win.
If Cardiff win on Tuesday , I believe we will go down,
Sadly Today’s performance was such bad timing, fans who backed hughton and the players are now turning.
There’s a Shakespearean tragedy feel to how this season is going !

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s understandable everyone is p*ssed off - I am too - but to give Cardiff an advantage by not backing the team would be criminal .
i fear us going one down early, the crowd turning, Cardiff loving it and time wasting their way to their win.
If Cardiff win on Tuesday , I believe we will go down,
Sadly Today’s performance was such bad timing, fans who backed hughton and the players are now turning.
There’s a Shakespearean tragedy feel to how this season is going !

I agree with you there and I am not advocating anything other than full support on Tuesday. I fear though if they put in a performance like Saints or Bmuff then there will be a backlash at the ground and who could argue with that to be fair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course today was shite. No, the players don’t come out with any credit. But nothing matters more than making it a horrible night for Cardiff, and giving the players full backing

Oh, I will certainly be up for that. I am ducking out of a leaving party at work for a colleague of nearly 30 years for the game Tuesday. I will be going ****ing mental, backing the team, for sure.

But if we piss about in the horse shoe formation and slip a goal, it will be bad enough. And if we 'improve' like we did today, Hughton will have to go, because if we can't rip Cardiff a new one in a do or die contest, we are down. If we are down (I mean 2 points above Cardiff with only their shitness to save us in the last few games) I want a new manager. Sorry about that, but I do. A season of Hughton in the championship is not what I want.

We have good players, but we are stuck in a formation of stodge. We don't pass it back around the horse shoe because our players are shit or frit. It is because this is how they have been coached and how they have been told to play.

CH said we did well today 'except in the final third'. FFS. Why was that then? No lucky breaks?

I am still sober - just wait until I have had a few later this evening. If I haven't slumped into a vegetative torpor.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh, I will certainly be up for that. I am ducking out of a leaving party at work for a lolleague of nearly 30 years for the game Tuesday. I will be going ****ing mental, backing the team, for sure.

But if we piss about in the horse shoe formation and slip a goal, it will be bad enough. And if we 'improve' like we did today, Hughton will have to go, because if we can't rip Cardiff a new one in a do or die contest, we are down. If we are down (I mean 2 points above Cardiff with only their hitness to save us) I want a new manager. Sorry about that, but I do. A season of Hughton in the championship is not what I want.

We have good players, but we are stuck in a formation of stodge. We don't pass it back around the horse shoe because our plauers are shit or frit. It is because this is how they have been coached and how they have been told to play.

CH said we did well today 'except in the final third'. FFS. Why was that then? No lucky breaks?

I am still sober - just wait until I have had a few later this evening. If I haven't slumped into a vegetative torpor.

How can CH say we did well today and keep a straight face. Must have had his fingers crossed behind his back

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Stay till the end of the season and if we are down keep him as a great Championship manager, if we stay up say thanks for everything and move him on!
So his reward for doing the job required of him this season should be the chance to look for a new job? Not sure I understand the logic there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How can CH say we did well today and keep a straight face. Must have had his fingers crossed behind his back

He has an appreciative eye. The passes between our players were good. As he noted, unfortunatley the final third was completely devoid of Albion goalmouth action. But CH is a glass half full guy, and we played quite well in two thirds of the pitch. That has to be encouraging, right? ???

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So his reward for doing the job required of him this season should be the chance to look for a new job? Not sure I understand the logic there.

The soft southern sentiment on here today is a wonder to behold. :facepalm:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Not good enough for Premier League but a very good Championship Manager. We should have been safe months ago but he has proved inept and today was the icing on the cake.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That some of those players will pocket £20k+ regardless of how they played is a f**king travesty.

Sack the lot.

Not the players. They are decent. It is the coaching and the tactics.

Don't turn on the players, now!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not good enough for Premier League but a very good Championship Manager. We should have been safe months ago but he has proved inept and today was the icing on the cake.
Not good enough for the Premier League, even if he keeps us in the Premier League?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Not good enough for the Premier League, even if he keeps us in the Premier League?

As I said, we should of been safe months ago. If we stay up it will be because Cardiff (who have spent absolutely nothing) are worse than us. Nothing to do with CH’s ability! 3 shots in 4 games just shows what a negative manager he is! He is losing/lost the players and dressing room. If we stay up it will be nothing to do with him!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Someone on here mentioned how battered our defenders are at this stage of the season - I agree. They looked punch drunk. There’s only so much punishment you can take before you collapse and they appear to have reached that point. So many holes needing to be filled today. The only way to relieve that pressure is to get the ball up the other end and keep hold of it. Andone treated the ball like a hot potato today, the ball kept getting recycled to the back where we were harried into mistakes. We have played some good teams this year and Bournemouth, to be fair, always look good against mediocre sides with their directness and pace, but it was the most inept display I can remember for many years, and THE most inept by what is on paper the most expensive.
The options they have given Hughton on the transfer front have been generally poor. Perhaps others have questions to answer as well.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yes. The level that the dev squad play at is League 1, at best. Gyokeres has been tearing defences to shreds for the last 2 seasons but was anonymous when promoted to the FA Cup side against Derby and West Brom.

I’d say we were worse than league 1 today, far worse.

Don’t tell me, much like the Saints, Bournemouth are in a false position and a class team... strange that everyone we play seems to fall into this category.

No matter who or when anyone suggests it’s time, re our dev squad.., it is NEVER the right time... according to all the experts.

Perhaps when we’re back in league 1, the boys will get a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here