Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup effect?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
If we thought reaching the FA Cup semi final hadn't effected us think again!! Shocking. Our biggest defeat of the season was the game before the semi final 3.0 at Chelsea. Now it is the game after the semi final 0.5 to Bournemouth!! A team we beat at their place 1.3 in the 3rd round. I don't usually moan but that is an awful, awful result today. Do we bounce back? Hopefully this kicks the lads up the arse hard enough to bounce back with a win over Cardiff.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The being shit effect more like.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
The being shit effect more like.

Prefer to believe its the FA Cup effect myself. If ya thought we were gonna be in anything other than a relegation fight you over estimated us. Staying in the Prem (still very possible) and an FA Cup semi final would be a hugely successful season. Yes today was shit. But maybe folk that expect to win virtually every game ought to support City.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's got feck all to do with the cup and everything to do with the team thinking they could tick off the last 6 points without really trying.

It turns out they couldn't.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If we thought reaching the FA Cup semi final hadn't effected us think again!! Shocking. Our biggest defeat of the season was the game before the semi final 3.0 at Chelsea. Now it is the game after the semi final 0.5 to Bournemouth!! A team we beat at their place 1.3 in the 3rd round. I don't usually moan but that is an awful, awful result today. Do we bounce back? Hopefully this kicks the lads up the arse hard enough to bounce back with a win over Cardiff.

Disagree.

We’ve been pants since Fulham. (At least)

FA Cup has not affected us at all. We’ve played different squads up until Millwall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's got feck all to do with the cup and everything to do with the team thinking they could tick off the last 6 points without really trying.

It turns out they couldn't.

Perhaps the team might show some balls and fight now, rather than going through the motions.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Disagree.

We’ve been pants since Fulham. (At least)

FA Cup has not affected us at all. We’ve played different squads up until Millwall.

yeah true enough with different squads. But our 2 biggest defeats either side of the semi final surely suggests their head isn't in the right place. Because we held City to only 1 goal defeat (without Sane, Aguero) I think the players think we could walk this at home to Bournemouth. How wrong they were. Maybe over confidence. But any confidence has been stamped on and shattered now.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
yeah true enough with different squads. But our 2 biggest defeats either side of the semi final surely suggests their head isn't in the right place. Because we held City to only 1 goal defeat (without Sane, Aguero) I think the players think we could walk this at home to Bournemouth. How wrong they were. Maybe over confidence. But any confidence has been stamped on and shattered now.

I think their head and Chris’s head is not in the right place.

They are thinking that if they just play to the formula then they will be alright.

Thinking about it, I can’t think of a truly well created team goal this year. Locardia against Millwall was a fine turn. Knockeart wonder strike, not a team effort. Andone header against Huddersfield? Maybe.

Today we saw a few great team goals.

That’s not FA Cup, that’s just us being not very good.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
I think their head and Chris’s head is not in the right place.

They are thinking that if they just play to the formula then they will be alright.

Thinking about it, I can’t think of a truly well created team goal this year. Locardia against Millwall was a fine turn. Knockeart wonder strike, not a team effort. Andone header against Huddersfield? Maybe.

Today we saw a few great team goals.

That’s not FA Cup, that’s just us being not very good.

Was saying the other day actually I think away at Huddersfield this season is the most I have seen us dominate a game in the Premiership. We have been on top for periods of games but for me we dominated there.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
A few weeks ago I filled in a prediction thing which calculated final league positions. I was trying to be realistic in saying we would beat Burnley and Stains and draw with Bmuff. How wrong was I?

We have been really poor for a while. Something needs to change. If we do manage to stay up, we need new coaching staff to replace what we now have plus some major changes in the playing staff.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Nothing to do with cup. Unfortunately, we have been rubbish for a while now - but I keep hoping things will look up in the next game :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here