• Out

Votes: 248 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Out. We’ve dropped off a cliff in 2019. Home performances have been getting worse and worse and worse. Football has been largely unenjoyable to watch for quite a while.
I'd be with you if I could accept that 3 months of dreadful football is enough to bin off someone who has performed far ahead of his remit for the previous 48 months. This is his nadir at this club and I think he deserves a chance to turn it round. I also don't think he's entirely to blame for this situation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He should resign if keeps us up, as next season we all know what will happen. We won’t get more than 20 points.

What a ridiculous thing to say. He will have achieved survival and a cup semi final. If you think he should go, that shouldn't be down to him, that should be down to the club to make that decision, he is a professional football manager who will no doubt honour his contract.

I suppose Dyche should have resigned after he took Burnley down?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I certainly don't think recruitment is to blame based upon the abilities of who we have acquired. Many of them are good players. I do wonder about recruitment based on mentality though. I'm not sure our signings knew what they were getting into? For example, anybody signing for Burnley knows exactly how they play football. It is effective but not pleasing on the eye and Dyche is more likely to spring out a man bun than change it. Therefore, anybody getting a move there has to be accepting of the limitations in the way they play and be contented to play it. This results in only a certain type of player signing for Burnley and you could make a case for our signings having more in the way of actual footballing ability. The result is they have a squad who are committed to playing Dyche football. We brought in players, a certain amount of them with quite a bit of flair, who may not have been committed to playing Hughton's rigid game. Hence the change in formation and current backlash which has perhaps been building for a while. Just a thought.

I've wondered about this a few times. Do you think Propper, Jahanbakhsh, Andone, Izquierdo etc. enjoy the way we play? I can't see it, personally. Surely players like them would much rather play in an attacking side, where they are allowed to take players on and shoot?

People say our squad isn't good enough, but I'm not convinced it's the abilities of the players we have that is the problem, it's asking those players to play in a certain way. Put Propper in the Chelsea team, for example, and I bet he'd look fantastic. People moan about March, but I can't imagine he WANTS to pick up the ball, cut back inside, then pass it safely back to Stephens for him to pass it back to Ryan. Surely Solly must WANT to take on his man and whip one into the box or shoot? Same with Stephens- he scored some long-rangers for Charlton, he has a decent shot on him. I bet he would much rather have a go every now and then than slow everything down and pass it backwards or sideways.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd be with you if I could accept that 3 months of dreadful football is enough to bin off someone who has performed far ahead of his remit for the previous 48 months. This is his nadir at this club and I think he deserves a chance to turn it round. I also don't think he's entirely to blame for this situation.

As said on another thread, the club needs a wholesale review of its transfer policy. 13 signings over 2 years, none of who had any experience of English football has been a bad call in my opinion.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As said on another thread, the club needs a wholesale review of its transfer policy. 13 signings over 2 years, none of who had any experience of English football has been a bad call in my opinion.

It's an odd one. A month ago, someone said our scattergun approach to recruitment had been an abject failure. Three weeks later, we'd beaten Huddersfield, Palace and got through to the cup semi at Wembley and that statement looked absolutely laughable. Another three weeks on and we've lost to Man City, Saints, and have now been humiliated by the plucky pocket-Saints and suddenly it looks a failure again.

Ultimately we'll have to see where we are at the end of the season to make a call on it's relative success. If it's true that we have a bottom 3 playing budget, then staying up, a double over Palace and a cup semi will look like a good season on paper - but we all know the football has been utter gash for half of that season. :shrug:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Probably already been said, but Norwich were in almost EXACTLY the same position as us when they sacked Hughton. 5 points clear of relegation with 5 games to go. They sacked him and got relegated. We need to stick with him until the end of this season and then make a call then, whether or not we stay up.

Bizarrely, I'd almost be more inclined to keep him if we got relegated.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What a ridiculous thing to say. He will have achieved survival and a cup semi final. If you think he should go, that shouldn't be down to him, that should be down to the club to make that decision, he is a professional football manager who will no doubt honour his contract.

I suppose Dyche should have resigned after he took Burnley down?

Hughton is limited. Dire football. We are not going forwards we are going backwards. He only knows how to play one way.

We are basically bottom of chances created, highest % goals from set plays, have one of the worst disciplinary records. We are a terrible side to watch.

Keep him if relegated, sack him if stay up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why did they sack him? Yeah they lost their gamble but surely you can see why?

And I assume patronising is something you pride yourself on.

They sacked him because they thought it would give them the 'dead cat' boost they needed to stay up. It didn't.

Can't feel too proud patronising someone that is this easy to debate.

As an aside, the first 10 pages of this thread are an absolute embarrassment, to me, as a supporter of this club.
You can see some of the more reasonable posters turning by the day into the sort of jumped-up, entitled knobber that typifies Premier League support.
Those Chelsea pricks who kick off if they aren't top 2.
The sort of bellend who called for Darren Moore to go at WBA. Or McCarthy at Ipswich.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hughton is limited. Dire football. We are not going forwards we are going backwards. He only knows how to play one way.

We are basically bottom of chances created, highest % goals from set plays, have one of the worst disciplinary records. We are a terrible side to watch.

That is fine, but you said he should resign, which is the point I was making as being odd.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Almost exactly the same % as the Brexit referendum, but with Remain beating Leave. I therefore fully expect those in charge to do the exact opposite!

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
Lack of pace throughout the team, creative wingers spending to much time and energy tracking back rather than pushing up higher and hitting on the counter attack, team ethos of playing not to loose rather than trying to win, panic stations when we concede, to much expectation on Murray to win every header from a rayn goal kick!!!
But most importantly no plan B, like for like subs and out of form players chosen every game!!!

Frustrating as hell !!!!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
For
Him to protect his CV as he’s taken us as far as he can but we have outgrown him now.

Reckon Stoke/WBA thought the outgrew Pullis
Charlton - Curbishley etc etc

I think his position should be looked at in the summer, but whats the point of replacing for the sake of it?

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
We have put grown him?? People on this thread have no brains at all very embarrassing. Hughton is doing what he can with the players, the owner is responsible for the purchase he is a mathematician and has a formula which he uses. If we stay up Hughton would have done a fantastic job. I just cannot believe what I have seen on this thread, a bunch of clowns. Get on a racing track with a fiat panda and try and race the likes on Bentley, Ferraris, Aston Martins, BMW, Audi, Porcshe. Give it a go you will soon realise how Hughton feels "Sigh".

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

It appears your deranged rantings have become famous.........:lolol:

https://www.footballfancast.com/pre...out-chris-hughtons-future-on-north-stand-chat

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We have put grown him?? People on this thread have no brains at all very embarrassing. Hughton is doing what he can with the players, the owner is responsible for the purchase he is a mathematician and has a formula which he uses. If we stay up Hughton would have done a fantastic job. I just cannot believe what I have seen on this thread, a bunch of clowns. Get on a racing track with a fiat panda and try and race the likes on Bentley, Ferraris, Aston Martins, BMW, Audi, Porcshe. Give it a go you will soon realise how Hughton feels "Sigh".

At least he could try using the accelerator now and again instead of having the hand brake on

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When we reach 40 points after beating Cardiff & Newcastle by 1-0, and hold Wolves to a boring 0-0, then CH will have done exactly what has been asked of him. Same number of points, but more wins in the season than last year, same goals scored as last year, and a round further in the FA Cup. ie: progress of a sort.

Win tomorrow night, and I think this is what we'll end up with. And then how can we really ask for a change?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
When we reach 40 points after beating Cardiff & Newcastle by 1-0, and hold Wolves to a boring 0-0, then CH will have done exactly what has been asked of him. Same number of points, but more wins in the season than last year, same goals scored as last year, and a round further in the FA Cup. ie: progress of a sort.

Win tomorrow night, and I think this is what we'll end up with. And then how can we really ask for a change?

I like it Bodian, I like it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here