Votes: 286 53.6%
  • Out

Votes: 248 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's all about Tuesday eh. He has to be able to get a decent enough performance from the players he has, to link them into being a tough and sometimes foreboding unit with an occasional net-bulging intention. If we're undone or out-thought by that gaggle of flingers it will be a bad sign of how instructions are not melding us as a team of character and impetus. Seems crazy to make such a decision now, but how we progress, and sustain our position at the same time, has to be evident. I imagine we'll always be something in the making, but we can't accept a worse version of ourselves repeatedly.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
If ever there was a time for him as our manager to step up to the plate then this is it, sadly the team are no longer behind him...OUT

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hughton is a very good manager but perhaps his coaching team needs refreshing? Liam Rosenior always talks sense, and is doing a decent job coaching the u21s. so how about promoting him to the first team coaching staff and benefit from some positive fresh input.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's all about Tuesday eh. He has to be able to get a decent enough performance from the players he has, to link them into being a tough and sometimes foreboding unit with an occasional net-bulging intention. If we're undone or out-thought by that gaggle of flingers it will be a bad sign of how instructions are not melding us as a team of character and impetus. Seems crazy to make such a decision now, but how we progress, and sustain our position at the same time, has to be evident. I imagine we'll always be something in the making, but we can't accept a worse version of ourselves repeatedly.

That is beautiful writing. I've read it several times over simply because it is such beautiful writing.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
Hughton is a very good manager but perhaps his coaching team needs refreshing? Liam Rosenior always talks sense, and is doing a decent job coaching the u21s. so how about promoting him to the first team coaching staff and benefit from some positive fresh input.

We could definitely do with his influence and positivity around the squad at the moment

Tim Edwards

Feb 2, 2013
Why do we have a god given right to ‘push to the next level’?

If TB has given him a target of 17th and that’s where we finish then he won’t go.

What I want more than anything is a reaction. Some emotion. Maybe even a radically different starting XI Tuesday.

On the strength of my albeit emotional evaluation now I would drop:

Ryan
Duffy
Stephens
Knockaert (even if he hasn’t been sent off)

And bring in

Button
Burn
Kayal
Izquierdo

Drop Ryan, seriously? Do you now anything about goalkeeping at all?

Just 16 in it now. Think that will be overhauled in the morning

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Out

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMHO the problem is the squad overall. How many of our regular starters would get into the first XI of any of the teams above us? Dunk would get into half a dozen, Duffy and the keeper might get into a couple, but apart from that we're picking players every week who are at the very bottom of the Premier League talent pool. Hughton clearly doesn't have any secret sauce to make the performance of the team better than the individuals within it, but who would?

If we're very lucky we'll manage to pip Cardiff to 17th, and then hopefully we'll see a marked improvement in recruitment over the summer, as the past couple of years has seen minimal improvement in the quality of the team we are able to put onto the pitch.

My thoughts too.

But we’re not going to get rid of 15 players this summer, so I’d also keep Stephens (I rate him highly as DM sitter), March (better crosser and deadball delivery than the rest, he’s improved so much over last season), Muzza (vital goals even at 35), Burn and Bissouma (a talent, a lot to learn as a sub).

I wouldn’t shed a tear at any other player leaving. Bruno will shirley retire.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The team is struggling up front without Pascal Gross. We need him back, and then see if Chris can get us back on track. If he can't, then the club should make a decision at the end of the season. He's done enough for us to have earned that.

10 - getting exciting

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
IMHO the problem is the squad overall. How many of our regular starters would get into the first XI of any of the teams above us? Dunk would get into half a dozen, Duffy and the keeper might get into a couple, but apart from that we're picking players every week who are at the very bottom of the Premier League talent pool. Hughton clearly doesn't have any secret sauce to make the performance of the team better than the individuals within it, but who would?

If we're very lucky we'll manage to pip Cardiff to 17th, and then hopefully we'll see a marked improvement in recruitment over the summer, as the past couple of years has seen minimal improvement in the quality of the team we are able to put onto the pitch.

Disagree.

The squad we have is good enough to stay in this league (just).

You claim that none of our players would get in first 11's of Burnley, Newcastle? I find that hard to believe.

Have you watched some teams around us play? There is some utter shit in this division, we just need to be not as shit for one more game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel for Chris today. He's given all the players a fair crack of the whip, he chose an attacking team in a must win match but his players let him down. Knockaert was brainless, Andone was on his way to a red and was subbed, the players barely registered a shot on target after getting into prominent positions.

The capitulation was unlike us. The saving grace is we have a match just three days later against Cardiff who will be on the road again, so all our players who stunk the place out today will have a chance to redeem themselves.

This is it for Chris though, he has to get results against Cardiff or Newcastle, otherwise we could have a very ugly end to the season.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Apologies if someone has already posted that in April 2014 Norwich (managed by CH) were one place and five points above the relegation zone and were relegated. Lightening doesn’t strike twice......does it?

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
It’s too late in the day to be changing Managers, it would be taken as a panic action which is not TB’s style.

Biggest thing for me is that he has performed miracles in keeping us up last year and probably this year on a budget that is in the bottom 3!
We need some serious investment otherwise nailed on to go down next season, whoever the Manager is.

I disagree. Look at Newcastle, Burnley, Wolves, even Bournemouth. All comfortably safe. Rafa is out of contact at the end of the season as well..

[edit] I would add If we were playing like we were 3 months ago then we would be safe now as well..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apologies if someone has already posted that in April 2014 Norwich (managed by CH) were one place and five points above the relegation zone and were relegated. Lightening doesn’t strike twice......does it?

That fact alone should mean Chris will leave no stone unturned. I'm expecting him to watch the Burnley - Cardiff DVD ten times over betwen now and Tuesday to plot their downfall.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Cannot understand the mentality that thinks he would be the best man to take us out of the Championship. Why, when we would see the same old turgid, cautious approach as soon as we arrived back in the PL. If we survive, we will sink without trace next season. Fans expecting a change of tactics shouldn't hold their breath. It won't happen. We aren't progressing. We are still allowing ourselves to be intimidated by the leading sides. The lack of pace and the lack of goals from midfield haven't been addressed. Away tactics are still awful. He is blatantly ignoring the blueprint of playing in the PL and managing us as if it is the 70's and 80's and one point counts for the same now as it did then.
Nice man who has been too loyal to certain players. Needs to unload his passive assistant and get in a young aggressive man who has played at the highest level and commands more respect. That is his only chance but he won't change the status quo and therefore nothing will change.
Out at the end of the season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cannot understand the mentality that thinks he would be the best man to take us out of the Championship. Why, when we would see the same old turgid, cautious approach as soon as we arrived back in the PL. If we survive, we will sink without trace next season. Fans expecting a change of tactics shouldn't hold their breath. It won't happen. We aren't progressing. We are still allowing ourselves to be intimidated by the leading sides. The lack of pace and the lack of goals from midfield haven't been addressed. Away tactics are still awful. He is blatantly ignoring the blueprint of playing in the PL and managing us as if it is the 70's and 80's and one point counts for the same now as it did then.
Nice man who has been too loyal to certain players. Needs to unload his passive assistant and get in a young aggressive man who has played at the highest level and commands more respect. That is his only chance but he won't change the status quo and therefore nothing will change.
Out at the end of the season

But did you watch our Championship football under CH?

It was almost the polar opposite of now. The best counter attacking football I’ve seen in 43 years of support, goals and wins in bucket loads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here