• In

Votes: 286 53.6%
  • Out

Votes: 248 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I remember the football was pretty dreadful in Hughton's first half season. Did he succeed in keeping us up? Yes

Did the next 2 seasons introduce more entertaining and winning games? Yes

If we manage to get over the line this season, hopefully the recruitment will be better, and Hughton will be able improve the style of play again, as he did after his first season.

He deserves the chance anyway, for what he's achieved in the last few years IMO

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Propper, Locadia and Ali J were all top of the tree in Holland and for a technically gifted league it does surprise me how few goals and assists the trio have produced for the Albion.

I think he's got the max out of the British players but not the foreign players.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good point. So we need a coach with some International footballing pedigree, experience, and understanding. We're not going to get a PL squad of English players in a hurry!

Propper, Locadia and Ali J were all top of the tree in Holland and for a technically gifted league it does surprise me how few goals and assists the trio have produced for the Albion.

I think he's got the max out of the British players but not the foreign players.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Ok likely to get shot here...

A lot of people have been banging on about Hughton's team is always negative and he knows no other way.

For three seasons in the Championship, we had the personal to attack and we did attack - with four top Championship level strikers being supplied by an array of Championship level wingers and midfielders. I remember beating Norwich 5-0, QPR 4-0 and many other successful examples.

We have now gone to the top league and haven't really brought in any players who have the capability of opening up premier league defences. Yes we have recruited some technically good players eg: Gross, Bernardo etc but Chris only has three strikers: an ageing Murray along with two others still learning this league.

Yesterday was a shambles through the middle and both strikers who looked like strangers. When Chris looked to the bench there really was nothing there - are his teams always negative or is he just making the best of what is available in the much tougher league?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

The Dutch league is basically crap that's why players look world beaters there before struggling at teams in better leagues

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
If we had beaten Southampton and Bournemouth we wouldnt be having this conversation. However due to CHs tactics of let’s not lose we didn’t win those games. I do understand such tactics against the top 6 but not against teams we could and perhaps should beat. That said we need to progress and unfortunately I really don’t think we can under CH. It pains me to admit I voted Out.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Apart from Ajax and PSV, lower Championship or worse

Championship sounds about right. Locadia and AJ especially have proved themselves to be mediocre Championship players at best.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
It’s the players hesitation over where to pass it to when they receive the ball that I can’t understand for PL level, Bournemouth taught us an absolute lesson on that yesterday and when you consider their midfield (Lermer apart) are products of the FL it points to the difference in their coaching team compared to ours.

We are now in the same situation Norwich had with CH in charge, do we cut him loose and put a caretaker in until end of the season or hope he can muster a win Tuesday and limp over the line with possible points v Wolves & Newcastle and reassess in the summer? Where Norwich’s board chose the former I favour the latter and think we owe him a chance to save us.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I remember the football was pretty dreadful in Hughton's first half season. Did he succeed in keeping us up? Yes

Did the next 2 seasons introduce more entertaining and winning games? Yes

If we manage to get over the line this season, hopefully the recruitment will be better, and Hughton will be able improve the style of play again, as he did after his first season.

He deserves the chance anyway, for what he's achieved in the last few years IMO
He does not deserve to be given chances because of what happened years ago. This is now. The reality is he has lost control-he seems incapable of turning this around.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
He does not deserve to be given chances because of what happened years ago. This is now. The reality is he has lost control-he seems incapable of turning this around.

If we go down he has to go, the Championship has changed in the last couple of years and Hughton would be a dinosaur now with his tactics

Surely it's been obvious for years the Dutch league is weak

Remain will finally win a poll 52-48

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I am amazed to see so many have voted for him to go. That is a panic knee jerk reaction . He has done so much for this club and at this late stage of. The season it would be disastrous .
Panic kneejerk reaction? Really? He has been serving up steaming turd football for months. 2 flukey wins papered over the cracks. Now it's steaming turd time again.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I am amazed to see so many have voted for him to go. That is a panic knee jerk reaction . He has done so much for this club and at this late stage of. The season it would be disastrous .

It's not knee jerk. It's been coming from a while now.

I'm sure everyone recognises what he's done for us and are not advocating a change now.

End of the season, is a different story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here