Votes: 286 53.6%
  • Out

Votes: 248 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Why do we have a god given right to ‘push to the next level’?

If TB has given him a target of 17th and that’s where we finish then he won’t go.

What I want more than anything is a reaction. Some emotion. Maybe even a radically different starting XI Tuesday.

On the strength of my albeit emotional evaluation now I would drop:

Ryan
Duffy
Stephens
Knockaert (even if he hasn’t been sent off)

And bring in

Button
Burn
Kayal
Izquierdo

Hurrah, at last someone has outed this push on to the next level shit... surely ALL teams in this league will be attempting to achieve exactly the same thing, if it actually meant anything that is.

Strengthen the squad, admit when mistakes have been made with players and move on!

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Quite, but it’s not just pace, it’s creative flair.

And of course the quality of purchase will be dependent on the league we’re in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct. Knockaert was Championship player of the season in 2017 and now he’s an angry, petulant, confused man. Izquierdo gave us pace last season but has hardly appeared in this one, ditto Groß and creativity. Ali J and Locadia both poor to date, Montoya an upgrade on Scheletto but not ripping up trees. Bissouma shows promise but lacks decision making.

We could have had David Brooks and Daniel James in the summer instead of Bissouma and Ali J but our recruitment analyst team rejected them due to not satisfying the correct moneyball metrics despite strong recommendations from scouts.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hurrah, at last someone has outed this push on to the next level shit... surely ALL teams in this league will be attempting to achieve exactly the same thing, if it actually meant anything that is.

Strengthen the squad, admit when mistakes have been made with players and move on!

I just want to push on to a time where we have some shots on target.

Oppositions soon wont even need to field a keeper against us at this rate.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Blimey, Voted in and fully expected a decent majority for that option. Guys, the squad is light and lacks pace and dynamism. Massive overhaul this summer. No sentiment required. New tools for Chris. The rump of this squad have taken us as far as they can (if we stay up). A 1 year pivot to proven and established.
That's not what Hughton said in January, according to him and Barber on talksport we had a great squad and that the club had done great business in the summer and there was no need to strengthen in the January window. I said then that the management team had become complacent and I really feared it would bite us in the bum. I think my fears are becoming reality

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I just want to push on to a time where we have some shots on target.

Oppositions soon wont even need to field a keeper against us at this rate.

Fine, say that then, don’t just joinin with the meaningless twaddle spouted by the likes of Lineker and Shearer.

Hughton and Bloom are attempting to create a bedrock of stability that can be built on. Unfortunately at the moment some of the players are letting the manager down and possibly believe they are bigger than the club, or better than they are.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Fence.
Feel half the squad is weaker than the Manager, and would be lucky to hit top 6 in the championship under any manager.

Don’t think I could disagree more strongly if I tried.

Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, Knockaert & Murray we’re all part of a team that came minutes from winning the Championship. We’ve then massively improved our goalkeeper and Left Back, added a Dutch international to our midfield, and signed a lightning quick winger. This team pisses all over the team that got us out of the championship and we’d absolutely piss that league.

The problem is Hughton has clearly lost the dressing room. There’s the bones of a really good, attacking squad in there. They just need a new manager to kick them up the arse IMO.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Don't care if he's a gent and a lovely chap. If we don't beat Cardiff on Tuesday he can sod off.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In - I never like calling for anyone (outside parliament) to lose their job.

Beyond that, he has shown he can play attacking football in our time in the championship. If we get the right players in the summer we could have a much better season next year with exciting attacking football where appropriate. Even if we don't bring in many quality-improving players, football is weird; there isn't much difference in the Burnley side this season from last season's and last year they got into Europe. The wake up call of a (hopefully, just) near relegation, causing the players to up their game next season, coupled with more decisions going our way (maybe the addition of VAR helping a lot), the confidence that such a run of results could bring, and suddenly we have (comparatively) an amazing season.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
That's not what Hughton said in January, according to him and Barber on talksport we had a great squad and that the club had done great business in the summer and there was no need to strengthen in the January window. I said then that the management team had become complacent and I really feared it would bite us in the bum. I think my fears are becoming reality

You are spot on. That is complacency. Reality should have dawned and if it doesn't then I would not be in a position to defend them.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Beyond that, he has shown he can play attacking football in our time in the championship. If we get the right players in the summer we could have a much better season next year with exciting attacking football where appropriate.

What about the right players he bought in the last 3 windows? Do we trust him with another £50M ?

I’m more concerned that he has lost the dressing room and the players. All well and good saying he knows the Championship but what it the players don’t trust him and his methods any more ?

Last edited:

I’m on the fence. Was very much an ‘IN’ man.

Sadly, I can’t see us getting anything out the game on Tuesday. A loss and I can’t see his position being sustainable.

And then, with a caretaker manager in charge, I can see us upsetting the odds at Molineux and staying in the division.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What about the right players he bought in the last 3 windows? Do we trust him with another £50M ?

I think that was covered, perhaps not explicitly enough, in the sentence that followed that quote. The weirdness of football sometimes, form, rub of the green, momentum and confidence could see them live up to their price tags.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think it’s clear what should happen.
If we stay up CH be replaced
If we go down CH stays to get us back up, once he does then he is relieved of his duties.

He cannot be here at the start of a new season in the Prem, whenever that is!

twiggy666

Jan 3, 2019
Out.....Has no plan B, Bigs up all the opposition we play. Said yesterday in his post match interview "we were up against a dynamic opposition today". They looked awful in the first 15 mins.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I’m on the fence. Was very much an ‘IN’ man.

Sadly, I can’t see us getting anything out the game on Tuesday. A loss and I can’t see his position being sustainable.

And then, with a caretaker manager in charge, I can see us upsetting the odds at Molineux and staying in the division.

I think I'm of the same mind. I hate the thought of getting rid of CH and it's no good changing a manager after a run of poor form but we just haven't looked good for months and if i see another game start on Tuesday with us looking like the opposition box is a death zone that must not be entered then I might just lose patience for good.
If we can scramble a win then all parties can decide at the end of the season if the situation is likely to change next season and, if not, then CH can leave with a superb record, our eternal thanks and with legend status.

If we lose on Tuesday then it's it's up to Bloom's gambling instinct - do we do what Norwich did and go down anyway or hope that a caretaker manager will get the one win we need. Glad it's not my decision.

Hughton still commands the middle ground swing voters (all the people who vote late in NSC polls)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here