Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd have loved to seen Bruno and Knockaert teaming up down the right again tonight. I think it's exactly what we need and has been missing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

course they ****in are ....he's our biggest threat , proven at this level ....he might not be a de byune or a pogba but we got him for a million .....not 12 , 13 , 16 , 17 million ......time for some of these ****ers to have a go .....in my opinion only , of course. Locadia gets a special mention here is he the love child of Jennifer Saunders and Mark McGammon...??

knocky is hit and miss ....he plays with passion , he lost his rag and went in late , it happens every week all over the country,it's mans game , he hardly made contact after all and smith was back on the pitch 60 seconds after knocky was off....it's a mans game isn't it........??

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd have loved to seen Bruno and Knockaert teaming up down the right again tonight. I think it's exactly what we need and has been missing.

Yes, though Bruno improves whoever he plays with..... hopefully it’s AJ tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
I'm getting really hacked off with the defence of "at least he cares". He is probably the most selfish player at the club and the only person he cares about is himself.

If 'caring' means irresponsible behavious on the pitch to throw away any chance your team had of getting back into the match then I hope the rest of the squad couldn't give a toss.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm getting really hacked off with the defence of "at least he cares". He is probably the most selfish player at the club and the only person he cares about is himself.

If 'caring' means irresponsible behavious on the pitch to throw away any chance your team had of getting back into the match then I hope the rest of the squad couldn't give a toss.

perhaps he got frustrated at the total lack of testicular material display from the rest of the team ......being a centre half you probably have a brain injury....:lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The sad thing is that if he had played tonight he would probably have played a blinder...he often does in big games.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I think it may have been Bruno's legs that were 'missing', and that perhaps he has been with us for a season too long. Maybe Montoya is his long term replacement, maybe he isn't, but either way l think he is our only option for now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The sad thing is that if he had played tonight he would probably have played a blinder...he often does in big games.

....and often doesn’t. Great goal aside, he wasn’t great vs Palace and should have been sent off in the first minute. The Bmuff game was ‘massive’ and up to the point of getting sent off he was anonymous.

You’re probably right though, this would have been his occasional blinder, but never mind we have Ali J waiting to prove his worth [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

I made this comment around the time of the derby cup game. There are too many criticisms of individual players without understanding the value to the team.

Bruno and knocky are an obvious partnership.

Bong defends better than Bernado

Kayal isnt as flair as Bissouma but holds the midfield together better

Gross may be slow but weve missed him and he supports murray well

But thw pursuit of flair and attack has meant weve forgotten the basics that these players bring

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I still don't get this codswallop that he should have een sent off in the 1st minute. It was 2 players going for a 50/50 ball. The ref showed common sense

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I love Knockaert because of his passion, and his ability to go around players. With that passion and ability comes a dark side where he simple seems incapable of controlling himself at times and contributes to him being out of position. If you take one away, you risk lose the other, almost like Cantona in a way. One minute he'll be sublime, the next minute he is karate kicking a Palace fan :)

I have lost count the times I wished other players stood up and were counted in games that are going badly like he does or show his level of commitment to the cause.

You bring me someone with his talent without the lack of control, then I'll begrudgingly let him leave, until then, leave my Knocky alone :)

I’m pleased he’ll be back for Newcastle. Let’s face it, if we feck up the intervening games before then, he’ll be in the starting line up regardless of all the cry babying against him

Kman

Mar 30, 2019

Spot on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gross may be slow but weve missed him and he supports murray well

Another overlooked element is he pings in crosses from deep into the area from our right. Nobody else does this, be it a Stephens, Montoya, Knockaert or even a Bruno. Big part of our armoury. Think Murray's goal against Arsenal last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here