Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I hope you’re right about Tuesday. The numerous posts on NSC tonight don’t lay the blame exclusively with Knocky and he may not have been the cause of our defeat.... but his behaviour certainly made it far less likely that we would make any sort of a comeback.

But at the moment he left the pitch, we hadn’t had a shot on target, so ‘less likely’ is extremely generous, we had no chance even with 11 players, because they were all appalling.

He’s an idiot for me because he’ll miss at least 3 possibly 4 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Throwing your arms around moaning at team-mates for a stray pass does nothing to help the cause. Giving the ball away, moaning at your team-mates for not making your poor pass look good, does nothing to help the cause

This is his SP though isn't it? He has his odd moment of brilliance but for the most part he's a prima donna that garners support by all the 'arms to the heavens' stuff and his whipping the crowd up antics. He thinks he's better than he is, many of us think he's better than he is.

He often acts like a spoilt child and that tackle was a manifestation of that. I can just picture him in the dressing room yesterday at 4.50 (if he was still there), sitting in the corner, long face and refusing to talk to anyone

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was a gold plated numptie yesterday but, hang on, he is not single handedly responsible for the defeat or our league position. He's not the first player (or even first Albion player this season) to be a pillock (*cough* Duffy *cough*).

On reflection this vilification is a bit childish itself. And of course that wasn't his last performance for the club (before a cut price sale to Reading or QPR) (see post above).

FFS.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was a gold plated numptie yesterday but, hang on, he is not single handedly responsible for the defeat or our league position. He's not the first player (or even first Albion player this season) to be a pillock (*cough* Duffy *cough*).

On reflection this vilification is a bit childish itself. And of course that wasn't his last performance for the club (before a cut price sale to Reading or QPR) (see post above).

FFS.

Quite.

Fans favourite again before kick-off, MoM at Wembley, goal of the month vs Palace.....

Funny old game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It wasn’t just the sending off. He gave the ball away for the second goal. It was a direct result of his poor pass that Bournemouth were in space to attack. Contrary to all the stuff I’ve read on here, he made no effort at all to track back - it was right in front of me

He did the same in the first half in the SW corner. Berating Montoya after his own shit pass while stood still, making no attempt at all to win the ball back. Coupled with his inability to take on Ake even once, even though the defender was playing out of position and pretty much on a yellow card and a half at that point, it was a shocking display.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
(*cough* Duffy *cough*).

Nasty cough you've got there - suggest you lay off the alcohol for a while, or at least stop well before you have to go into work.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When we went down to 9 against Burnley we still hung in there together and didn't crumble like a team with zero confidence.

But we lost against Burnley. That aside, we were at 0-0 when we went down to 9. Yesterday we were already 0-2 down. And playing like twats.

Knocky should not be shouldering the blame, he was wrong but just maybe he frustration and his pumped-up winning mentality just left him after such an appaling first 68mins of nothing.

Nobody is blaming AK for the defeat. I doubt AK is shouldering anything now other than embarrassment. We were already 0-2 down and playing like twats (see above). However his getting sent of didn't exactly improve our prospects, despite our valiant showing against Burnley some years ago (WTF has that got to do with anything, though, actually?). Is your argument that a player being sent off is actually a good thing because it galvanizes a team, except yesterday, or what, exactly?

If Bruno was on I am sure it wouldn't have happened.

By this I assume you are arguing that if we had the right back Bruno playing as a right winger instead of AK, AK would not have made that insane challenge. That's true. And if my mum had a cock she'd be my dad.

It really didn't cost us the match, if anything you could argue the boys will be hurting more than ever conceeding 5 at home and SHOULD come out fighting Tuesday if Hughtons formation and negative set up isn't in place.

You are setting up a false argument. Only a clown would suggest that AK cost us the match. We were already 0-2 down and playing like twats (see above, and above that). However that does not exonerate AK for doing the exact opposite of helping the cause. To somehow argue that because of the Burnley game several years ago (that we lost) the sending off was actually kind of unimportant, or possibly even a reason why we should have gone on to win is......absurd.

It is reading posts like this that makes me realise why people still think the Brexit project is great. Utterly utterly brainless.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I recon the owner is having a long hard think right now.

I reckon you might be right.

6D60D8AC-C876-4F83-B9B5-DE7E6D3A1B21.jpeg
5709E161-EADB-4D0F-9F38-8A83F3CD73A3.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

FFS.

Duffy is another I’d ship out. I said last season he and Dunk are great against certain types of player, and styles play, but woeful against others. They were tied up in tangles and literally on their arses again yesterday just as they were against Bournemouth last season and whenever the threat is fast players who keep the ball on the deck. One has to go, it’s Duffy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Duffy is another I’d ship out. I said last season he and Dunk are great against certain types of player, and styles play, but woeful against others. They were tied up in tangles and literally on their arses again yesterday just as they were against Bournemouth last season and whenever the threat is fast players who keep the ball on the deck. One has to go, it’s Duffy.

brave. your reasoning is good, but brave. for a team lacking much aerial presence would be significant a loss. from rest of his game though, its a shame we stayed with Duffy to cost of Conner Goldson. think theres a couple of others where the decision to move them on is brave but necessary. along these lines and back to topic, Knockaert suspended is small blessing as that means March on the wing against Cardiff, a better choice for that game that may not have been made.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
brave. your reasoning is good, but brave. for a team lacking much aerial presence would be significant a loss. from rest of his game though, its a shame we stayed with Duffy to cost of Conner Goldson. think theres a couple of others where the decision to move them on is brave but necessary. along these lines and back to topic, Knockaert suspended is small blessing as that means March on the wing against Cardiff, a better choice for that game that may not have been made.

If we get relegated it won’t be a problem we’ll lose most of them.

lumponmyhead

Mar 13, 2013
After his goal at Palace if you had been asked if you'd like to see him go what would you have said? He has a wild side but he isn't Joey Barton. Sometimes he's the only player that can get things going and has done far more good than harm.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If he gets voted player of the season, he'll be off. That's normally how it works, isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here