Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Need to see tackle again from where I was sitting it looked like a yellow not a red but the reaction of the muff players said differently, until then I thought AK was not the worst Brighton player on the pitch at least he was trying to take the game to them, he is and always has been a bit petulant but as others have said he always has had its part of the package, I think it's a bit unfair to single AK out today we were well beaten before the sending off the whole team were awful really awful and only three days to pick themselves up

Picture a heating seeking raised boot hunting for an ankle that left the bus stop 5 minutes ago!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Knockhaert is a pea brained Zebedee, like John Belushi on full strength speed balls

Very good, very occasionally, way off some of the time, and extremely hungover and a ****ing massive liability a vast majority of the time.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Picture a heating seeking raised boot hunting for an ankle that left the bus stop 5 minutes ago!

Just seen Match of the Day and feel your description is spot on. Can now understand why their players weren't happy. That was an ankle breaker.

Having now seen the MOTD ' lowlights' you have to question Ryan's positioning on the second goal. In real time thought it was a good finish but seeing it again Ryan makes it easier by being far too advanced.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Knocky should not be shouldering the blame, he was wrong but just maybe he frustration and his pumped-up winning mentality just left him after such an appaling first 68mins of nothing.

I think he should have been off the pitch long before that. His attitude was all wrong. Throwing your arms around moaning at team-mates for a stray pass does nothing to help the cause. Giving the ball away, moaning at your team-mates for not making your poor pass look good, does nothing to help the cause. Loved him in the Championship. Today, I‘m wondering whether he’ll ever have the maturity to be a good Premier League player. We can’t afford to indulge someone who puts himself ahead of the team.

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Just seen Match of the Day and feel your description is spot on. Can now understand why their players weren't happy. That was an ankle breaker.

Having now seen the MOTD ' lowlights' you have to question Ryan's positioning on the second goal. In real time thought it was a good finish but seeing it again Ryan makes it easier by being far too advanced.

From what I saw it seemed Fraser slipped slightly which gave him a little loft and enough to take it over Ryan’s head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think he should have been off the pitch long before that. His attitude was all wrong. Throwing your arms around moaning at team-mates for a stray pass does nothing to help the cause. Giving the ball away, moaning at your team-mates for not making your poor pass look good, does nothing to help the cause. Loved him in the Championship. Today, I‘m wondering whether he’ll ever have the maturity to be a good Premier League player. We can’t afford to indulge someone who puts himself ahead of the team.

Don't hold your breath. If he hasn't learnt how to adapt to PL demands after nearly two full seasons then he never will. Trouble is, he hasn't got a footballing brain and thats a big handicap. He is a headless chicken with little or no control. A limited, one-trick pony who PL players have sussed out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They could easily get between 6 and 9.

If they can finally get a decision go their way. They are due a dodgy penalty.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He's no above reproach. But we'll need him in the Championship! Team Knocky still.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just seen Match of the Day and feel your description is spot on. Can now understand why their players weren't happy. That was an ankle breaker..

He did similar at Everton last season. We need an overhaul for next season and Knockeart will be on his way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He needs to move away from Hughton and join up with a level headed manager like Warnock!

Seriously though, if you can't keep your head when playing for CH at lil old unassuming Brighton with our mild mannered support, you're unlikely to ever be as good as you think you are.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
When we went down to 9 against Burnley we still hung in there together and didn't crumble like a team with zero confidence.
Knocky should not be shouldering the blame, he was wrong but just maybe he frustration and his pumped-up winning mentality just left him after such an appaling first 68mins of nothing.
If Bruno was on I am sure it wouldn't have happened.
It really didn't cost us the match, if anything you could argue the boys will be hurting more than ever conceeding 5 at home and SHOULD come out fighting Tuesday if Hughtons formation and negative set up isn't in place.

It wasn’t just the sending off. He gave the ball away for the second goal. It was a direct result of his poor pass that Bournemouth were in space to attack. Contrary to all the stuff I’ve read on here, he made no effort at all to track back - it was right in front of me.

Bear in mind as well, he lost his place in the team for a big chunk of the season as well. There was a reason for that.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It wasn’t just the sending off. He gave the ball away for the second goal. It was a direct result of his poor pass that Bournemouth were in space to attack. Contrary to all the stuff I’ve read on here, he made no effort at all to track back - it was right in front of me.

I watched the same (from the Upper). Dreadful misplaced pass straight to a Bournemouth player which he stood and watched, although I'm not sure there was much he could have done about it given the speed with which they broke and scored from that.

No reaction from him at all as they scored other than to march over to the other side of the pitch for the kick-off.

Note: I'm not blaming him for anything at all, but it was clearly very much a case of "head gone" for him yesterday, but we all know he has that in him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I love Knocky and have always defended him.
He’s tried to buy into the team ethic even though it doesn’t come naturally.
Bottom line is, he’s good but not so good that it justifies building a team around him and accepting his volatile temperament.
After yesterday , For me, his time has come.
It’s a thank you and goodbye.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
From what I saw it seemed Fraser slipped slightly which gave him a little loft and enough to take it over Ryan’s head.

Ryan was out way too far on that.....
I think you’re right though, the slip aided it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Bear in mind as well, he lost his place in the team for a big chunk of the season as well. There was a reason for that.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get that all, all I am saying is to single out knocky in such an inept performance all-round just lets the real reason for our poor performances off the hook.
I mean 0-1 at HT, so what was said at half time by Hughton because players didn't appear motivated, there was no apparent team work throughout the side, unlike bmuff.
Still fuming that we got turned over in that way more than the result.

The belief just wasn't there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here