Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

cockbeard

Jul 25, 2017
Cherry here, glad to see this thread, I'm as one eyed as they get, but that was a ridiculous challenge. Borne out of cowardice and frustration, thought Cook was gonna kill him for a minute. Yes Smith does go down too easy sometimes, but the fact he got up without a bruise is no justification for that, think gazwag needs to look at it again

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
I thought it was a yellow card, their player rolled from the penalty area to the sideline and then got up without an bruise.

You can’t be serious?! The challenge was horrible and he was rightly shown a red.

I’m still bemused how people were clapping Knocky and booing the decision! GET A GRIP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought it was a yellow card, their player rolled from the penalty area to the sideline and then got up without an bruise.

The most obvious red I’ve seen in a long time. Unbelievably late and very reckless.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can’t be serious?! The challenge was horrible and he was rightly shown a red.

I’m still bemused how people were clapping Knocky and booing the decision! GET A GRIP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People clapping Knocky after that are idiots. Might as well clap own goals by that logic.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Knockaert went out of his way to hurt an opposition player with no regard for the ball, game or team.
Luckily there was little/no injury to the player.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I love knocky, but the reality is he does not have the consistency or footballing brain required for the premier league. So sadly it is time to say goodbye. If we are relagated we need to keep him. I have exactly the same feelings about Stephens and hughton

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They could easily have got points today against burnley. People underestimate them way too much!

They could. But they didn't. They play ok but never get any points.
Look at our form in 2019 and they've barely closed the gap at all in 3.5 months.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Same as his red last season. You can’t trust him and I don’t think we will see him again

Created the winner against Hudds, scored the winner against Palace.

In a genuinely terrible second half of the season of the club he’s been one of the few positives and why we remain favourites to stay up.

Fair enough I get why people hated the sending off today it’s an appalling tackle but we still need him next season

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They could. But they didn't. They play ok but never get any points.
Look at our form in 2019 and they've barely closed the gap at all in 3.5 months.

Brighton have been lucky with the bottom 3 (or is it luck?) all three sides are woeful - Brighton/Southampton have been meh for large chunks of the season but are still not in danger of going down -

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
He can light the place up but his petulance and neediness is thoroughly unprofessional. Not sure who would want him

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have always made a benchmark comparison of Knockeart to Matt Ritchie, both have natural ability on the ball, but only one has a footballing brain and plays for his team mates. If Knockeart hasn't got a footballing brain by now he never will.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Was it my imagination or was he also arguing with Bissouma regularly/throughout the game util he got sent off over who took corners, throw-ins and free kicks?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was it my imagination or was he also arguing with Bissouma regularly/throughout the game util he got sent off over who took corners, throw-ins and free kicks?

Yep at a thrown in and a corner.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Created the winner against Hudds, scored the winner against Palace.

In a genuinely terrible second half of the season of the club he’s been one of the few positives and why we remain favourites to stay up.

Fair enough I get why people hated the sending off today it’s an appalling tackle but we still need him next season

I agree, he is still worth keeping and has been one of our better players lately.

Despite his tendency to be a bit selfish at times instead of passing to someone in a better position, he shows commitment, tries to get forward and usually plays his heart out. In the earlier part of the game today, he and Montoya looked good together. However, no excuses for the appalling tackle and he fully deserved the red.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Brighton have been lucky with the bottom 3 (or is it luck?) all three sides are woeful - Brighton/Southampton have been meh for large chunks of the season but are still not in danger of going down -

We’ve been lucky that there are three worse sides, but I’d also argue that we could have been Huddersfield this season except that we had an excellent first half of the season and were 75% of the way there by Christmas.
In order to stay up, you only have to be marginally better than the bottom three. Just as Saints proved last season. Good enough is good enough to meet objectives.

Whether the fans appreciate being barely good enough to stay up is a different matter.

But thanks to CH, we’re barely good enough for the Premier League rather than barely good enough for the Championship, as when he oil over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here