Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You've lost me?

You seem to be implying that if you’ve never played football to a reasonable standard your opinions on players are invalid.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You seem to be implying that if you’ve never played football to a reasonable standard your opinions on players are invalid.

No, I'm implying that 99% football is a sport, not a business. If you go and play in the park, or at sunday league level, you'll see football is determined by the sporting factor of it, not the business element.

I've never said if you can't play football your opinion is invalid.

This 'football is a business' talk has grown from Sky sports claiming Prem football is the meaning of the sport, which it isn't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, I'm implying that 99% football is a sport, not a business. If you go and play in the park, or at sunday league level, you'll see football is determined by the sporting factor of it, not the business element.

I've never said if you can't play football your opinion is invalid.

I misunderstood you then. Apologies.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Right. That's two 'keep AK for the championship' posts I have read in a row. **** that. If we lose to Cardiff we sack Hughton and put Bruno in temporary charge. **** me. I cannot believe people are thinking about a sentimental start in the Championship when we are still 5 points off the drop. With that attitude we are doomed already.

I recon the owner is having a long hard think right now. People think we are down with a 5 point gap? There can be only one reason for this. CH has lost the team. If he has we have to get over the sentiment and the club must act.

With a 5 point gap we have more than a chance of staying up. We should be odds on. It does not feel like odds on. Lose to Cardiff we are dead.

So what is the CH plan? What has he said to Tony this evening? I would not be shocked if there is an announcement tomorrow.

Get a grip.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Anthony Knockeart has played some wonderful football during his time as the club , and during that time has become a hero to all the youngsters that have his name on their shirts. I feel his behaviour yesterday totally let down the team and all the fans who have idollised him over the years. He is no longer fit to wear the stripes and should never be allowed back in the match day squad.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Professional football is a business, PL, and all top flight football in Europe, is more business than sport.

The true 'sport' argument doesn't really wash in England until you get well below the championship IMO. Even kids are playing 'professionally' now.

Sad but true.

Incorrect.

It's a sport.

99% of football being played around the world, doesn't include millions of pounds.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Professional football is a business, PL, and all top flight football in Europe, is more business than sport.

The true 'sport' argument doesn't really wash in England until you get well below the championship IMO. Even kids are playing 'professionally' now.

Sad but true.

but ultimately, the business relies on what happens on the pitch. It doesn't matter how good your clubs business dealings are, if your team are playing crap, that's what determines the success of a football club, not its profit margins.

Saying football is a business is a bit like saying Music is a business. It's stupid simply because they're not businesses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Get a grip.

It is funny....a day later and it is all forgotten.

No it bloody isn't! A defeat on Tuesday and I will expect something far more substantial than 'our horse shoe performed exactly as I hoped, but unfortunately. in the final turd we were shit'. Sorry but if the Albion were road safety, we'd be on three wheels and a rim right now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

D

Deleted member 2719

The rest of my post was very well thought out.

Unlike yours

:shrug:

In short Knocky was in no way at fault for us losing those 3 points, I like him, he inspires the team and drives us forward and he also does the same to the fans.

I was sent off 3 times while playing football, but id like to think most people would feel I helped the team win more points than lose them. If you play with passion some times it overflows especially after the team hasn't had a shot on target after 68 mins against away losers bmuff.

Jul 7, 2003
The worst thing about the sending off is that CH should have taken him straight off after the second goal rather than Propper and we wouldn't have been talking about this. I've been saying for long time on here that he is not up to this division and is a liability - I just wish it hadn't all come to a head yesterday.

Nobody can be surprised at the tackle - he has had a few near misses this season with that petulant - sorry, enthusiastic - throwing himself at the defender trying to clear the ball.

I'm usually quite mannered during a game but I did get up and shout at a few of the idiots in the WSU who stood to applaud him off the pitch. It's not as if he had been playing well and it was harsh decision.

Moving forward, it is now time for the other wingers to prove AK is no longer required. I'd love to see Ali J playing as a proper right winger, not inverted, as I think we may then see the best of him. If Jose is fit on the other side then we do potentially have some pace to try and get behind Cardiff.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In short Knocky was in no way at fault for us losing those 3 points, I like him, he inspires the team and drives us forward and he also does the same to the fans.

I was sent off 3 times while playing football, but id like to think most people would feel I helped the team win more points than lose them. If you play with passion some times it overflows especially after the team hasn't had a shot on target after 68 mins against away losers bmuff.

Fair enough.

Your heart is in the right place. :thumbsup:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Are those pics at the 79th minute?��
Regarding AK red card - yes we were losing, it ensured we had no chance of a comeback, it was a dreadful challenge and galvanised our incompetence, AND we lose him for 3 matches. Get rid.

Has Tony’s bottle of water had the cap removed?

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Anthony Knockeart has played some wonderful football during his time as the club , and during that time has become a hero to all the youngsters that have his name on their shirts. I feel his behaviour yesterday totally let down the team and all the fans who have idollised him over the years. He is no longer fit to wear the stripes and should never be allowed back in the match day squad.

This is well OTT. He made one stupid challenge, showing his frustration with the way things were going. A red card and three match ban should be the end of it. At Watford last season I was a few yards away when he was almost cut in half by just as bad a tackle. He had a poor match and we were never going to recover, even at 1-0 down IMO.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Absolutely. Those calling for him to go accuse HIM of being too emotional and hot headed. They should follow their own advice, calm down, and reflect.

Knocky is a fantastic, committed and exciting player. And, most importantly, bleeds blue and white.

As well as bleeding blue and white I wished he’d bleeding well not made that bleeding tackle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here