Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Bournemouth

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium

Date: Saturday 13th April 2019

Kick-off: 15:00 BST

Referee: Kevin Friend

Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Derek Eaton

Fourth official: Stuart Attwell

TEAM NEWS

Brighton winger Solly March could be involved against Bournemouth, having returned to training following a calf injury.

Long-term absentee Pascal Gross is also training again but Saturday's game is likely to come too soon.

Diego Rico is Bournemouth's latest injury absentee with an ankle ligament problem.

He joins the likes of fellow defenders Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis and Steve Cook on the sidelines.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: Both sides have sleepwalked into relegation form. Brighton have won just two of their last 11 league games. Bournemouth one in nine.

With 38 points, Eddie Howe's team almost certainly have enough to stay up. But their dismal run, coupled with transfer speculation linking key players with summer departures, bodes ill for next season.

Brighton's predicament is more immediate. The Amex is no longer a fortress. Goals aren't coming. Key players look weary. They need to abruptly put behind them the disappointment of Wembley, get something here and then beat Cardiff on Tuesday.

If they don't, relegation is a real possibility.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton: "Nobody knows a points total that will keep us safe. Our attitude has to be to keep fighting and getting as many results as we can between now and the end of the season.

"One calculation is about where we finish and the points tally, but development can be measured in different ways. I think we have made progress this year."

Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe: "We see Saturday as an opportunity to put last week to bed and be positive.

"Brighton are very well organised and competitive, we need to be at our best.

"The last two games we have been really disappointed. We dipped well below our standards."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Bournemouth are unbeaten in the past nine league meetings, winning five and drawing four.

[*=left]However, Brighton have lost only one of the last 14 home encounters (W7, D6).

Albion

• [*=left]Brighton could lose four consecutive matches in all competitions without scoring for only the second time under Chris Hughton.

[*=left]Only Crystal Palace and Huddersfield have scored fewer home league goals than Brighton's 17 this season.

[*=left]They have already equalled their total of wins and losses from last season - nine and 16 respectively.

[*=left]The Seagulls have lost three of their past five Premier League home games, as many as they had in their previous 17 at the Amex Stadium.

[*=left]Brighton's tally of 18 league goals from set-pieces this season is only surpassed by Liverpool.

[*=left]Glenn Murray has gone eight home league games without a goal - his longest drought since October 2011-April 2012.

Bournemouth

• [*=left]The Cherries have lost 10 of their past 11 top-flight away matches. Their two most recent away wins in the division came at now-relegated sides Huddersfield and Fulham.

[*=left]Bournemouth's tally of 15 Premier League defeats since the start of November is the third highest, behind Fulham (17) and Huddersfield (18).

[*=left]Only Fulham have conceded more Premier League away goals this season than Bournemouth's 37.

[*=left]Eddie Howe has lost only one of his 11 league matches as a manager against Brighton (W6, D4).

[*=left]Callum Wilson has scored in both of his league appearances against Brighton at the Amex.

Steve in Japan

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Play like we did last Saturday and we're in with a shout. However, turn in another Southampton performance and we'll get fck all, and deserve it.

Sussex expects. UTA.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've completely run out of lucky traditions and clothing so today we are going 'Luck Free' in the hope that is lucky.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Hopeful today, but we must break our 3 game goal scoring duck. Worried that if Bournemouth score, I can't see us managing 2.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hopeful today, but we must break our 3 game goal scoring duck. Worried that if Bournemouth score, I can't see us managing 2.

Stat you don’t want to hear. Since reaching the Premier League we have come from behind just once to win or so I heard on some programme last week. Bet it was against Huddersfield too?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So if we loose it's your fault.
Xmas socks, stripey pants, scarf, shirt, call Mum, call mate, left side on stairs, lotto ticket, last kiosk, pie pint crisps. Ritual.

Well as the current form is seemingly the fault of my lucky t-shirt, my back up lucky t-shirt, Jnr's lucky t-shirt, a rare run out for my lucky stripes, the lucky chocolate and lucky scratchcard I shall be forgoing the lot in order to change our luck.

(Personally I blame the lucky chocolate)

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Result depends on two things today ... Our attitude & desire to win ... and which B'muff turn up

We should have taken confidence from the cup semi but we need to apply the same endeavour today combined with much more in and around the opposition box and shots on target.

If the 'good' muff turn up it will be a challenge to keep it tight at the back & create enough good opportunities but if the poor muff arrive we should come away with 3 points with room to spare.

Let the footballing Gods shine bright today on the team in blue & white and grant us those 3 valuable points.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Three points today please, just three points, that's all I ask!

Oh, and if other teams could stop doing favours to the teams around us (like Leicester last night and Bournemouth last week) I would be most grateful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here