Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs AFC Bournemouth *** Official Match Thread ***

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Knocky should be running at Ake now he is on a yellow. Letting him /them off the hook.

We are surely better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Stephens and Propper are too similar...if we stay up we need to spend 30m on a midfield monster....all this sideways and backwards passing when we need a goal is crazy.....

Anyone can see we won't win this game with high crosses into the box.......we need to unlock them.....but that means bodies forward.

Simply they are better than us.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
True they had a fantastic year last year, but this season it has a change in personnel and the odds are when you invite the opposition to play in your last third you will concede goals, Hughton lives for the ultimate defensive show, but when the ships has water pouring in it will enventually sink.

I call it the slow death syndrome, torturous to watch and the end result is inevitable.

They're the away team and Howe is brave enough to go 4-4-2..... Why not Hughton, at home in a game we can't afford to lose against a team with a woeful away record?

I'm sure Howe went 4-4-2 knowing full well a Hughton team will try and defend first and never go for it. It's so 1 dimensional :-(

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe we need a faster CB, that doesn't throw themselves at the ball and leaves a massive gap at the back.

Absolutely. We look bizarrely naive at the back compared to before then. Can't put my finger on it but something has changed.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
First few minutes & Muff should have scored .... next 30 mins we dominated and actually played some really good attractive football but had no idea what to do once we got to the penalty box. Then a poor clearance by Duffy and sucker punched with a counter and Muff score with first attempt on target in the game.

What to say , we looked good but huffed & puffed once we got as close as 18 yards but then didnt look like we could hit the biggest barn in the world let alone its door. Defence is showing signs of creaking , both Dunk & Duffy going for the same block leaving the eventual goal scorer with the freedom of the city , maybe they dont trust each others defending as much as they used to.

Lets hope sceond half we can at least turn the domination into shots on target or Tuesday becomes a winner takes all kind of game.

Kman

Mar 30, 2019
Ali J and Izzy on for knocky and Locadia. Its time to see what those two can do together. Locadia has been invincible while knocky hogs the ball to the corner and passes it to the defender.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Awful.

We've showed some decent build-up play, but seem to fall apart as soon as we get anywhere near their penalty area. The collective defending for their goal was shocking as well.
The final ball is truly shocking as is our movement off the ball. Propper is getting knocked off the ball and isn't winning anything in midfield. Bids and to some extent Stephens are carrying him.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
We are playing like a team that is hoping others do us a favour.
I for one customer, is very concerned indeed.
We really need to get a result here today. Are we capable of turning this around in the second half? I seriously have my doubts. We are dreadful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thankfully not quite as shite as Cardiff.

we'll see on tuesday won't we ......fulham , burnley , southampton , and now potentially these ***** rubbing our noses in it .......are we supposed to feel good that we only stay up because cardiff were a bit more shit than us ............these boys need a kick up the arse

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It shows how really pissy it's been recently that I didn't think we were too bad. ::down:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A few observations:

1) How many shit goals have we conceded this season?

2) Are Bournemouth our new Leyton Orient? no matter how poor they are, we can't beat them. (their reserves in the cup don't count)

3) Ake looks like the computer image of himself made flesh. (if that makes any sense...)

4) What's happened to our organisation and work rate? They were the hallmark of Hughton's tem the past three seasons.

5) We really are poor. If we stay up it's going to be down to two historically bad teams and one just plain not very good one.

6)I hope I'm a much happier bunny in an hours time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here