Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Hughes The Times "Hughton feels the heat"

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Prob bollocks but FWIW

Hughton feels the heat
Chris Hughton is facing rumblings of discontent from certain Brighton players over his perceived negative tactics, with some claiming privately that the manager’s overriding concern is ensuring that they do not lose. Brighton have won only two Premier League matches this year and have failed to score in their past three games. Hughton’s position is not under threat, however, as victory over Cardiff on Tuesday, or even against Bournemouth tomorrow, should keep them in the Premier League for a third season. While the Brighton owner Tony Bloom is ambitious to push on, Hughton is popular at the Amex Stadium, where it is acknowledged that replacing him would represent a significant gamble.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd imagine there are players unhappy with Hughton. I don't think I have ever played for a club where there weren't unhappy players. Those who aren't in the team or not getting as much money as others or think they should be playing more or in a different position, every club has this, its natural and no big deal.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He's actually a Huddersfield supporter and thinks he knows much more than he does. For example, he claimed that Siewert was going to be sacked in the week after Hudds lost at Palace because all the players hated him. And of course, that happened. Oh wait, no it didn't. So if he gets stuff wrong about the club he supports, I don't see why anyone would take any notice of anything he says about us.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
There will be an element of truth in it [theres no smoke without fire] and someone will be in trouble for blabbing.

Based on nothing but complete guess work maybe our hot headed Iranian friend or one of his entourage?

Let’s see who gets CHOPPED from the starting XI tomorrow...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it had said there were rumblings from the fans, but that he was popular with players you'd think 'well, duh. Anyone of us could have written that'. But to suggest the rumblings of discontent exist in the players but that 'hughton is popular at the amex' (which I read as, popular with fans) seems the wrong way around.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
There will be an element of truth in it [theres no smoke without fire] and someone will be in trouble for blabbing.

Based on nothing but complete guess work maybe our hot headed Iranian friend or one of his entourage?

Let’s see who gets CHOPPED from the starting XI tomorrow...

If there’s truth in it I wholly expect a club sanctioned Naylor penned riposte in which CH says it’s only natural for players to have nagging doubts about their managers tactics or be disgruntled about not playing from time to time etc.

Followed up by full on mentalist CH going APESHIT on the training ground and offering out the culprit(s).

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
While chris undoubtedly has the support & loyalty of most of the players. If i turned up to work every week & was told I'm good but the other team were better then maybe some weeks it wouldnt always motivate me to do my best (some it would & others I'd think- if i lose it doesn't really matter)

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
FWIW

I've heard about rumblings from certain players about Hughtons' negative tactics, and of being sent onto the pitch with a 'let's not concede' verbal instruction prior to entering the stadium, make of that what you will.

What I do know definitely know is this...if we play like we did against Southampton the fans will be showing signs of discontent too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If I was a winger I’d be a little miffed at being converted into a defender :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here