Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Hughes The Times "Hughton feels the heat"

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is a total fabrication of an article. Talk about news creation rather than reporting. Load of rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This is a total fabrication of an article. Talk about news creation rather than reporting. Load of rubbish.

We don't know that for certain though, do we? If I were in some of our player's shoes (i wish I was - or at least had their pay packet), I'm not sure I'd be too happy with the lack of ambition shown in some games this season. Defensive set up at home to Saints for example. Our stats this season say it all: fewest shots on target, heavily relient on set piece goals, etc. If I were an attack minded player I'd probably be getting frustrated. Perhaps privately, but it only takes one player to mention something to someone etc

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's actually a Huddersfield supporter and thinks he knows much more than he does. For example, he claimed that Siewert was going to be sacked in the week after Hudds lost at Palace because all the players hated him. And of course, that happened. Oh wait, no it didn't. So if he gets stuff wrong about the club he supports, I don't see why anyone would take any notice of anything he says about us.

We don't know that for certain though, do we? If I were in some of our player's shoes (i wish I was - or at least had their pay packet), I'm not sure I'd be too happy with the lack of ambition shown in some games this season. Defensive set up at home to Saints for example. Our stats this season say it all: fewest shots on target, heavily relient on set piece goals, etc. If I were an attack minded player I'd probably be getting frustrated. Perhaps privately, but it only takes one player to mention something to someone etc

When one of his own fellow journalists says it's a fabrication, then, yes, we do know that for certain. They have to fill their column inches with something, and because we have games in hand, we are in a false position.
Yes, we have to win those games, but it's easy to pick on a team near the bottom.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did anyone else misread the thread title initially and think “**** off Mark Hughes, you bitter loser”? :smile:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Hughes = Welsh, Welsh = Cardiff, Cardiff are our principle relegation candidates. He is just looking to throw mud and hope it sticks. Our players are of modest ability when compared to others in the Premier League. He is doing a pretty good job of keeping them their Premier League salaries. We would be a lot more attacking if the 'forwards' put in some consistent quality performances. They are not, hence we are having the need to defend and are doing it pretty well a lot of the time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair you can't argue with a lot of that.

We do go through periods were we are really dreadful, Southampton, Burnley and yes he is very much in the mould of " I would rather get a point than nothing"

For all the. " palace are shite" stuff, they do go away and have a go at these big sides, where when we go away, you always get the impression we have lost before we step out on the pitch with a caveat that if we are lucky we will get a point as they will have an off day....I know it was a home game, but when we played Chelsea, at no time have we ever looked like we can get anywhere near them and people on here were suggesting we shouldn't expect to..however today's opponents stuck 4 past them!

Whatever you feel about Cardiff, we really must put Bournemouth to the sword today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone saying this is bollox, ought to then be very concerned about the mentality of our players as what you are actually implying is they are mercenaries only in it for the money.

Every player ought to be pretty pissed off and frustrated esp those who are given 15 minutes to rectify the ineptitude of the previous 75 minutes.
If those in the squad who feel they arent being given a fair crack of the whip can point to specific actions by the manager they should be complaining as should the man who is currently £300,000,000 out of pocket.

Still I'm sure Chailey will be along soon to tell us Everything Is Awesome.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Anyone saying this is bollox, ought to then be very concerned about the mentality of our players as what you are actually implying is they are mercenaries only in it for the money.

Every player ought to be pretty pissed off and frustrated esp those who are given 15 minutes to rectify the ineptitude of the previous 75 minutes.
If those in the squad who feel they arent being given a fair crack of the whip can point to specific actions by the manager they should be complaining as should the man who is currently £300,000,000 out of pocket.

Of course players play for the money, that is the way of football these days. They are multi-millionaires. It is also a squad game, not a team game. Those who come on for the last 15 minutes as you say, have had previous chances over 90 and failed to deliver. That is why they are one the bench, as simple as that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

You do make me laugh sometimes, I too await, with interest, Chailey’s increasingly desperate attempts to paper over and justify just how shit we have been (last weekend notwithstanding, even though we still never looked like getting anything)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Well if anyone has said anything it’s obviously Locadia.

It’s all very well some of our “attacking” players being pissed off but misplaced passes and poor decision making comes from them and not the manager.

CH is very much a safety first manager which is frustrating but some of the brainless and poor football we’ve seen at points this season is very much at the players feet.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well if anyone has said anything it’s obviously Locadia.

It’s all very well some of our “attacking” players being pissed off but misplaced passes and poor decision making comes from them and not the manager.

CH is very much a safety first manager which is frustrating but some of the brainless and poor football we’ve seen at points this season is very much at the players feet.

Locadia has been like a breath of fresh air when he’s come on in most games imo, I’d be well pissed if I was him too. He has not had a sustained run when, from what I’ve seen of him, he deserves one :shrug:

I reckon a less fearful manager would have given him his chance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hughes = Welsh, Welsh = Cardiff, Cardiff are our principle relegation candidates. He is just looking to throw mud and hope it sticks. Our players are of modest ability when compared to others in the Premier League. He is doing a pretty good job of keeping them their Premier League salaries. We would be a lot more attacking if the 'forwards' put in some consistent quality performances. They are not, hence we are having the need to defend and are doing it pretty well a lot of the time.

Does anybody read other posts in a thread? He is a Huddersfield supporter as revealed by a fellow journalist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hughton has become the manager the Norwich fans warned us about and we ALL laughed at them, none more so than me.

He clearly just can't help himself when the pressure is on

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Matt Hughes The Times "Hughton feels the heat"

He seems to get more cautious. Last season we parked the bus away but were at least positive at home. Recently even Hughton’s home tactics are ridiculously negative.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Does anybody read other posts in a thread? He is a Huddersfield supporter as revealed by a fellow journalist.

You're determined to believe it's just tosh because another journalist believes it to be. Fair enough, but I fail to see how 1 journalist suggesting another is talking bollox is enough to shut it down.

I doubt very much Hughes has written this without some reasonable information coming his way, either directly from the player(s) which is unlikely or from people connected to the players or club (more likely).

Yes it could be tosh but none of us know and nothing at all on this thread is evidence one way or another

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He seems to get more cautious. Last season we parked the bus away but were at least positive at home. Recently even Hughton’s home tactics are ridiculously negative.

Last season we won 9 games in the whole 9 months. We've already won 9 games with 7 still to play.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hughton has become the manager the Norwich fans warned us about and we ALL laughed at them, none more so than me.

He clearly just can't help himself when the pressure is on

He has, however, better to get a point at 0-0 than lose 3-5.

This season hasn’t progressed as any of us would have liked, the absence of Gross particularly and lack of impact of our offensive signings have not helped. However, the idea we should try and play expansive attacking football, when we are struggling is madness IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're determined to believe it's just tosh because another journalist believes it to be. Fair enough, but I fail to see how 1 journalist suggesting another is talking bollox is enough to shut it down.

I doubt very much Hughes has written this without some reasonable information coming his way, either directly from the player(s) which is unlikely or from people connected to the players or club (more likely).

Yes it could be tosh but none of us know and nothing at all on this thread is evidence one way or another

People believe what they want to believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here