Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Any bikers out there. There's always a hundred or more in the car park for each match and its so easy getting in and out of the stadium.
Ive got a 1972 Triumph Tiger 650 and a 2017 Triumph Bobber.
Ill be coming in on the Bobber tomorrow.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was looking at the current Moto Guzzi Bobber today, and the new V85 :love: and am now thinking perhaps it’s time to take my test and just go for it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Any bikers out there. There's always a hundred or more in the car park for each match and its so easy getting in and out of the stadium.

Look at my Avatar to see wot I ride. Is it free parking?

At present it is always 3-4 of us car sharing form Ashington/Sullington but I'm sure there will come a day I'm going to be on my tod.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Look at my Avatar to see wot I ride. Is it free parking?

At present it is always 3-4 of us car sharing form Ashington/Sullington but I'm sure there will come a day I'm going to be on my tod.

Yep free, absolute winner and used a few times (Thunderace rider)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Yep free, absolute winner and used a few times (Thunderace rider)

Sounds good, one of the reasons I take the CBR to Hove to watch us loose at cricket is due to the free parking near the County Ground, didn't realise I could do the same at the Amex. Cheers. :thumbsup:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Currently GSX1400 & GSX750 will always will keep the 14 but swap and change the other frequently

Seem to recall there was an NSC Bikers thread a few years back where we all shared what we were riding/had ridden and the possibility of a meetup.

Now into my 38th year of riding, started with a 1977 Honda CB125S and now back onto Honda with a 1997 CBR600F2 owned for past 12 years via around twenty or so different machines, should have kept 3-4 of them (especially my Norton Commando 750 Cafe Racer and Kawasaki H1!)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Seem to recall there was an NSC Bikers thread a few years back where we all shared what we were riding/had ridden and the possibility of a meetup.

Now into my 38th year of riding, started with a 1977 Honda CB125S and now back onto Honda with a 1997 CBR600F2 owned for past 12 years via around twenty or so different machines, should have kept 3-4 of them (especially my Norton Commando 750 Cafe Racer and Kawasaki H1!)

Started with a SS50 AND fizzy back in the late 70's x5 GS750 RD400 KH250 RD200 COUPLE or superdreams bandit 1200 Z1000 couples
Of GTX 750's & GSX750's Hornet 600 and Ducati Diavel
Have restored quite a few 70's Suzuki's over the years.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Started with a SS50 AND fizzy back in the late 70's x5 GS750 RD400 KH250 RD200 COUPLE or superdreams bandit 1200 Z1000 couples
Of GTX 750's & GSX750's Hornet 600 and Ducati Diavel
Have restored quite a few 70's Suzuki's over the years.

Some of the early Japanese bikes were so stylish and their appeal still endures. They fetch a lot of money now and I regret the day I sold my Suzuki T350 hustler.

My first bike was an NSU Quickly with handlbar gear change which I sold for £3. Yes it was a long time ago.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When I was 16 I had a Puch Maxi.
Probably the uncoolest thing to have ever been created.

True story, I had the share of one, with my mum!

Exactly like this,
C7E3F66F-96B6-4DEC-A76A-886AFFB08597.jpeg

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Brain donor?

I’ve been riding bikes for over 20 years and just like cars drivers the quality varies, but a good rider will be thinking 5 to 10 moves ahead of you. Time of day? Weather- temperature? Road surface? Are the kids out? How low is the sun in the sky? How deep can I look through cars windows to be ahead of any possible moves? How emotional is the driver infront and behind me, what information are they giving me? Where do I position myself to give the maximum arch of visibility on straights and bends?

Brain donors many of us are not!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
When I was 16 I had a Puch Maxi.
Probably the uncoolest thing to have ever been created.

I had a Puch Magnum. Thought it was cool at the time. Followed by a RD250 back in the day of 250s on L plates with no test. Scary thought now.

Got a new Harley Breakout - love it. Go on it to most home games if the weather's ok.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Some of the early Japanese bikes were so stylish and their appeal still endures. They fetch a lot of money now and I regret the day I sold my Suzuki T350 hustler.

My first bike was an NSU Quickly with handlbar gear change which I sold for £3. Yes it was a long time ago.

Theres a guy in Patcham village who's got a shop and imports old Jap bikes from California.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I’ve been riding bikes for over 20 years and just like cars drivers the quality varies, but a good rider will be thinking 5 to 10 moves ahead of you. Time of day? Weather- temperature? Road surface? Are the kids out? How low is the sun in the sky? How deep can I look through cars windows to be ahead of any possible moves? How emotional is the driver infront and behind me, what information are they giving me? Where do I position myself to give the maximum arch of visibility on straights and bends?

Brain donors many of us are not!

I think he was suggesting I’m the brain donor for posting the ‘organ donor’ quip.

In my defence, in all my years in the game, I must have asked at least 3 times as many motorcyclists families to consider donating the organs of their dying relative, than I did car driver’s.

Those motorcyclists weren’t riding responsibly and reading the conditions as you describe above. They were taking the piss out of an empty A272 at 5am on a summer Sunday morning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here