Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My current ride is. Harley Fatbob but considering selling due to lack of use.
My work gets in the way of too much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have a bike license, but have not ridden for a while. My favourite bike was Kawasaki ZXR400, loved it. Stop riding it when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, then could not go back to it, as before I had her I didn’t care if something happened to me, so I could ride without fear. When I rode it after she was born the thought of not being able to be there for her meant I could not ride with the same level of confidence, so I sold it.

View attachment 107571

Attachments

• F9DAE1E2-3C30-4C53-BB14-CDC5A8227E0F.jpeg
    F9DAE1E2-3C30-4C53-BB14-CDC5A8227E0F.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
From a Ram Air Suzuki GT 250 N reg 1974 ish...Honda CB 325 "bored out 250" 250 on logbook could out run even the Kawasaki 250. Triumph Bonnevile, Honda CB 750,Suzuki GS 750 Couple of Norton Commandos,Honda cbr 600,Ducati 900SS,Harley 1200 Sportster. Honda Fireblade. Gave up 25 years ago when married. Thought not a good idea to kill myself.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Blimey there's hardly enough room for one, you must be from a close family!!

Haha, well, as it happened, at the time we lived in Holland, and the rules there meant that if you fitted pegs near to the rear spindle you could take a passenger on the luggage rack. I was nicked once with a mate on the back with his feet balanced on the ends of the spindle, because my folks refused to let me fit foot pegs, got away with it most of the time though, the police over there were pretty chilled, so long as you both wore a helmet.

E17AD7F0-4BF5-4B3D-BB6C-EAFDCB6936AA.jpeg

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Took delivery last month of my 2019 Street Triple R, changed to bar end mirrors. Put an Evotech tail tidy on and had an 8x6 plate made up. Have barely been able to run her in yet though, bring on the warmer weather.

Had a K8 and an L5 GSXR before this.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I think he was suggesting I’m the brain donor for posting the ‘organ donor’ quip.

Correct.
It came across as the usual bike hater's reply but having read your explanation I can understand why you might have written it.
Must be a really sh1t part of your job.

I learned to ride up and down my grandfather's back garden in Crowborough when I was six years old and even rode to school in my last year on the bike I saved up for and bought from Redhill Motorcycles. I've been on bikes ever since (37 years now) and my one crash was at around 10mph when a woman reversed from a parking space into the side of me behind Hanningtons many years ago. I'd like to think that my survival this far has been down to those points Doc Lynham makes and more. Oh, and luck too.
I've owned plenty of bikes and at present have a nice CB1300 to get around on.
Thanks for your years in the game.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I have a Bonneville (2014) but live a bit too far away to park it at the Amex.

That's a shame but you must have some of the best roads to ride on, up there in North Wales; Snowdonia, the Lleyn peninsula, the Cambrians. Reidio yn ddiogel (ride safely).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Come on folks, share some photos.

I gave up road riding a year ago when my son was born, only ride track now. Here’s my 2005 zx6r track slag. Doesn’t look like much but has a pretty big spec now and goes like the clappers.

Heading on to the main straight at Mugello...

Exiting Pif Paf at Rockingham...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think he was suggesting I’m the brain donor for posting the ‘organ donor’ quip.

In my defence, in all my years in the game, I must have asked at least 3 times as many motorcyclists families to consider donating the organs of their dying relative, than I did car driver’s.

Those motorcyclists weren’t riding responsibly and reading the conditions as you describe above. They were taking the piss out of an empty A272 at 5am on a summer Sunday morning.

Not all of us get caught out! :wave:

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Correct.
It came across as the usual bike hater's reply but having read your explanation I can understand why you might have written it.
Must be a really sh1t part of your job.

I learned to ride up and down my grandfather's back garden in Crowborough when I was six years old and even rode to school in my last year on the bike I saved up for and bought from Redhill Motorcycles. I've been on bikes ever since (37 years now) and my one crash was at around 10mph when a woman reversed from a parking space into the side of me behind Hanningtons many years ago. I'd like to think that my survival this far has been down to those points Doc Lynham makes and more. Oh, and luck too.
I've owned plenty of bikes and at present have a nice CB1300 to get around on.
Thanks for your years in the game.

My first post was poorly judged.

I’m not a bike hater, if anything I’m probably jealous of those that have the balls to ride them. My long commute would be much better on a bike. I’d say keep on doing it the way you’ve described. Stay safe. It’s the nutters that leave their families in bits.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Keep it that way!

That is the plan. Let us be honest, most motorcycle accidents are the fault of the biker, and they will not like hearing that. Speed, aggressive riding, risk taking etc etc. This comes from a biker of 30 years who has worked in the bike industry for 25 years.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That's a shame but you must have some of the best roads to ride on, up there in North Wales; Snowdonia, the Lleyn peninsula, the Cambrians. Reidio yn ddiogel (ride safely).

There are some great rides where I live. Just need the weather to warm up a bit!

They have just put speed cameras up on the “Denbigh triangle” which spoil some people’s fun.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
There are some great rides where I live. Just need the weather to warm up a bit!

They have just put speed cameras up on the “Denbigh triangle” which spoil some people’s fun.

Speed Cameras have also completely ruined the Cat and Fiddle Macclesfield to Buxton route which is/was frankly a TT practice road (So much so that my Dad, who raced there 1948-1957 used to take his race bikes up there to set them up).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wish I had a bike. Miss them badly. Never passed my test. Loved my GP 100
It puts the fun back into driving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here