Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Star Wars IX - The Rise of Skywalker - Teaser Trailer

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Love the comment (usually ignore most comments on YT stuff), but...

“Oh, I’m afraid the Emperor will be still quite operational when Episode IX arrives...”

To be rather amusing.

Looking forward to this one, and i’m not afraid to admit it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Just hope it isn't shit like the last one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The Last Jedi was awful, especially as Rogue One the year before was the best outside of the original trilogy and really got my hopes up.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Love the music they rework for the trailers. Highly emotional.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I liked The Last Jedi, but realise this is not the most popular opinion. But it felt to me like that trailer is essentially undoing everything in the film. My first thought on seeing the title was the Rey will be revealled as a skywalker (which I don't like because it's too obvious), Kylo is fixing his helmet, instead of a resistance standing up, it's a single jedi taking on a tie fighter armed with just a laser sword.

My second thought on seeing the title was Kylo Ren embracing his skywalker side (fitting the redemption ark that would echo the original trilogy), then maybe 'Skywalker' becoming the term for a new breed of Jedi or force philosophy (which would allow for more continuity with TLJ).

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I liked The Last Jedi, but realise this is not the most popular opinion. But it felt to me like that trailer is essentially undoing everything in the film. My first thought on seeing the title was the Rey will be revealled as a skywalker (which I don't like because it's too obvious), Kylo is fixing his helmet, instead of a resistance standing up, it's a single jedi taking on a tie fighter armed with just a laser sword.

My second thought on seeing the title was Kylo Ren embracing his skywalker side (fitting the redemption ark that would echo the original trilogy), then maybe 'Skywalker' becoming the term for a new breed of Jedi or force philosophy (which would allow for more continuity with TLJ).

The redemption ark has legs if it really is the end of the series but surely Disney don’t want to kill off their cash cow when they’ve just got a whole generation into these new characters?

I’m sad they’ve shelved the spin offs following the Luke warm box office takings for Solo - fwiw I loved it and would absolutely GOBBLE up an Obi Wan or Droids origin story.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The redemption ark has legs if it really is the end of the series but surely Disney don’t want to kill off their cash cow when they’ve just got a whole generation into these new characters?

I’m sad they’ve shelved the spin offs following the Luke warm box office takings for Solo - fwiw I loved it and would absolutely GOBBLE up an Obi Wan or Droids origin story.

They have already announced spin offs for their Disney+ streaming service (The Mandalorian, and a Cassian Andor-based series with Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk), they're about to or just have opened a star wars area in at least one of their theme parks. I think they are saying this is the end of the main saga. Their cash cow is still giving them plenty of alternative revenue streams, and a wide universe from which to spin off. I think they're just being a bit more selective about their spin offs, not trying to make one a year and do stories that aren't necessary ("see how Han got the name 'solo'! And be disappointed that he didn't end up with a woman you all know isn't destined to be his lobster!")

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I watched the first three released films and quite enjoyed them. I rolled my eyes extensively at the news that I hadn’t watched the first three at all. Rather, I had watched 4, 5 & 6 (or 7, 8 & 9, I dunno). I then watched one with an animated character called Banks (or something) and thought it laugh out loud ridiculous. I haven’t seen any of the others.

Have I missed much?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
My inner geek is resurfacing and will be evident by the time the film is released.:)

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
All of the Disney flicks have been brilliant. Can’t wait for this one - for the return of the best Star Wars character; Lando Calrissian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here