Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Comments from Chris in todays Argus

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Below are comments from Chris on today's Argus . Frankly a bit weird from a manager that has managed in the Premier League for several years with Norwich, Brighton and Newcastle . Also been assistant manager at Tottenham in the Prem.

So what exactly does he need to learn ? I'd love to be enlightened . After five shots on goal in the last three games perhaps he's learnt that the less you attack the fewer goals you score ? ( yes that's right one shot on target per hour ) .Or maybe he's learnt that if you focus on defending then the other team will be able to focus on attacking ? Or perhaps he's learnt that if you don't give the youngsters a try out then you won't know how good they are as well ? Perhaps he's learnt that Ali has a first touch a bit like Dumbo ? etc etc etc . Anyway I hope he's learnt something as we need a few more points and tomorrow they attack - which means they will score eventually - but will we ?

"We're still learning about the division, the highs and lows, up and downs, the performance gaps as such.

"We're still learning a lot about this division and that's why we are so desperate to make sure we stay in it."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Below are comments from Chris on today's Argus . Frankly a bit weird from a manager that has managed in the Premier League for several years with Norwich, Brighton and Newcastle . Also been assistant manager at Tottenham in the Prem.

So what exactly does he need to learn ? I'd love to be enlightened . After five shots on goal in the last three games perhaps he's learnt that the less you attack the fewer goals you score ? ( yes that's right one shot on target per hour ) .Or maybe he's learnt that if you focus on defending then the other team will be able to focus on attacking ? Or perhaps he's learnt that if you don't give the youngsters a try out then you won't know how good they are as well ? Perhaps he's learnt that Ali has a first touch a bit like Dumbo ? etc etc etc . Anyway I hope he's learnt something as we need a few more points and tomorrow they attack - which means they will score eventually - but will we ?

"We're still learning about the division, the highs and lows, up and downs, the performance gaps as such.

"We're still learning a lot about this division and that's why we are so desperate to make sure we stay in it."

I'll attempt to enlighten you, Chris isn't on the pitch, so the 'we're' is the proverbial we're, as in his team, his players. That would seem obvious enough to me. :shrug:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He's just being his usual modest self. Id find it very strange if he said the opposite and made a cocky/arrogant statement claiming he knows it all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'll attempt to enlighten you, Chris isn't on the pitch, so the 'we're' is the proverbial we're, as in his team, his players. That would seem obvious enough to me. :shrug:

Yup, this, bleedin' obvious it refers to the players, overlaid with CH's curiously courteous in this day and age manner of speaking. Bloke's a gent.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Better than saying

We have a number of players who are not quite premier league ready so they need to up their game quickly

like a certain x-man utd manager would say

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Collectively the club is still learning about the division. It's only our second season for decades.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've got to admit, I don't like him using words like "desperate" and "performance gaps" - that's the talk of a manager ensconced in the relegation zone. I would argue that the bulk of our team HAVE adjusted to the Prem

The facts are that in the last 64 Prem matches we've only been lower than 15th position on 3 occasions, so 15th or above for 61/64 of the time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another post highlighting just how ***** our fans are getting because we're not doing a Leicester.

There is nothing to moan about here. **** off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This.

The JCL under-50s grind my ****ing gears. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Disappointed not to read how good he thinks Bournemouth are :wink:

To be honest I’m not sure why anyone even bothers to read his pre match comments, they are pretty well always the same :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's not remotely weird at all. He's 100% right - we are learning, and there's a massive amount to learn. None of the players are seasoned PL pros with several seasons experience and the club (as it currently is) has no prior PL experience. He knows where we stand, he doesn't have a smug or arrogant bone in his body (unlike some of his counterparts) and is just being honest (as usual)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Football is football at every level, if you perform badly you'll be found out. Doesn't matter what level - all this "learning" stuff is nonsense. We're not learning a damned thing because we're doing the same things in every game which aren't working. And it will be the same again on saturday, probably the same team which started against Man City. Tried, tested but uneducated? Apparently.

Football is a very simple game, it's people who make it complicated. Brian Clough.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Football is football at every level, if you perform badly you'll be found out. Doesn't matter what level - all this "learning" stuff is nonsense. We're not learning a damned thing because we're doing the same things in every game which aren't working. And it will be the same again on saturday, probably the same team which started against Man City. Tried, tested but uneducated? Apparently.

Football is a very simple game, it's people who make it complicated. Brian Clough.

Yeah, people are fed up with experts.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Another post highlighting just how ***** our fans are getting because we're not doing a Leicester.

There is nothing to moan about here. **** off.

So no right to a personal opinion then, assuming because it doesn't fit in with your righteous view - if you had one? I think you should be doing what you so eloquently ask the OP.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
So no right to a personal opinion then, assuming because it doesn't fit in with your righteous view - if you had one? I think you should be doing what you so eloquently ask the OP.
To be fair, I wouldn't have thought the OP's rather stupid opinion is shared by many.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here