Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Brighton Marathon - 10th Year !! 🏃*♂️

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Just found your time on the app. Well done on hitting your target time. :thumbsup:

Thank you, and I appreciate you getting up early to volunteer! When I'm done with being able to run events like this, I'm going to be volunteering at all of them. I died a bit of a death in the final 4 miles, essentially, but that was just the wind!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Very happy to have got a PB of 3:42 on my 5th BM

Fantastic day and amazing crowds again!

Don’t think I’ll be doing it again. I can barely walk today

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Easterly gales can do one, as can cramp :rant:

That said, everything else about the weekend was amazing. Thank you volunteers, organisers and friends :thumbsup:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Just hitting the hay now after the BEST day. Fabulous support. Kudos to the guy with the " PUSH FOR ANIMAL NOISES" sign as you made the turn off the seafront towards Church Road. I said "I've got to see what this is" as I approached and duly hit the sign and he simply screamed "OINK" in my face. It's inane nonsense like that which gets you through the hard yards.

Church Road is officially Albion central. So many flags and cheers of support as I plodded past in my BHAFC training top. Particularly pleased to have three different kids turn to their mates and remark that they'd got a high five from a Seagull as I went past. The next generation is primed and ready to go.

Got home in 4:50:22. Nothing at all compared to the times on here but still a PB for me by a cool 15 minutes. 5 hours? Done!

Have rehydrated incorrectly at the Ivy. Hic!

Thank you Brighton. You NEVER disappoint me. Roll on 2020. The rhino shall be coming out of retirement.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well Done to all who ran, and also the volunteers.

As usual a great day watching / supporting, although out of the sun it was pretty nippy, especially down on the seafront.

Managed to move around the course to see the people we were supporting at 5, 14, 18 and 24 miles.

We were the ones with the bloody great big drum, slices of orange and jelly babies!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
How on earth did they miss out Preston Park?

Thanks for the intel. I will pass it back. Can you remember where it was too narrow?

There were quite a lot of pinch points near the start/finish, the little loop that we then went back and re did towards the end, close to the Lagoon I think best describes it.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
I finally visited Brighton for the first because my friend was running the marathon. You folks have a lovely city and I'll definitely be visiting this summer.

Also, the Walrus is a very cool pub.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Back for my 2nd BM10k after competing last year. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience of running on 'home' roads and made it much more enjoyable.

Finished in a time of 1:00:14 last year....back to knock those 14 pesky seconds off (well actually 15 seconds to get under the magical 1hr).

Well I knocked off the 15 seconds I wanted, and then some! Finished in a time of 57:01, really happy with that, was going to take a year off, but will be back next year.

Well done to anyone that ran or rode yesterday, and thanks to anyone that volunteered. Hope you are all feeling well today.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Did anyone see the lady offering Ritz Cheese Crackers in one hand and Jaffa Cakes in the other at just after turning back onto Kings Road from Grand Avenue.

Thanks, but no thanks.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Did anyone see the lady offering Ritz Cheese Crackers in one hand and Jaffa Cakes in the other at just after turning back onto Kings Road from Grand Avenue.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Was she wearing a Fetcheveryone hoodie?

I joined them after running the BM10K, handing out cheese savouries and stuff. They were very popular with some of the slower runners, who had got fed up with gels and jelly babies by that stage.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Congrats to everyone who ran the marathon.

Deliberate, and exclusive use of the word 'ran' there. If, however, you set out at a 7 hour, 30 minute pace (without mitigating circumstances, like wearing a massive costume), does that even count as 'doing the marathon'?

For me, the people running the marathon, have put loads of time and effort training, and deserve cheering on and jelly babies. But if you're passing the 14 mile marker after 4 hours, just get the bus home, nobody cares. Alright, maybe some people care. But don't come to me and say 'I did the marathon', because when I find out it took you 7 and a half hours, I'm going to laugh in your face.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At least Hughton isn’t starting the race this year. Poyet did after a 5-0 away defeat to West Ham in 2012.
Nah, don't think Poyet has ever started the Brighton marathon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm in! 14106 is me, I've got a red starting number so I've picked out a fetchingly red running shirt. I'm going to be running for 3:10
Bloody hell that's impressive.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Deliberate, and exclusive use of the word 'ran' there. If, however, you set out at a 7 hour, 30 minute pace (without mitigating circumstances, like wearing a massive costume), does that even count as 'doing the marathon'?

For me, the people running the marathon, have put loads of time and effort training, and deserve cheering on and jelly babies. But if you're passing the 14 mile marker after 4 hours, just get the bus home, nobody cares. Alright, maybe some people care. But don't come to me and say 'I did the marathon', because when I find out it took you 7 and a half hours, I'm going to laugh in your face.

Out of interest, what time did you get?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I finished again but I didn’t run it but 8 marathons done now. You need to do one..

...to understand.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham

Thanks, but no thanks.

Yes I saw her! I remember thinking at the time that I couldn't think of anything worse than a dry cheese cracker. Still it was nice that she supported the runners and wanted to help.

A super day and another huge thank you to all the volunteers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here