Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Formerly the nice bit in Hove, now Caroline Lucas territory

Brighton Marathon - 10th Year !! 🏃*♂️

9 Not allowed!
    On Sunday there will be thousands partaking in the 26.2 mile race, other running events associated with the day & a cycle race.

As someone who has crazily run all previous 9 Brighton Marathon’s I cant quite believe where that time has flown by! Look out for the silver numbers - there will be 102 of us who are running our 10th Brighton Marathon.

So good folk of NSC - are you getting involved with the event this year or staying well clear?

The weather gods are looking favourable to us once again. Indeed we have never had poor weather for this event. The crowds are some of the best I have ever experienced & boy have I seen some marathons - this will be my 201st. After London, Brighton is the best in my opinion - despite Shoreham Docks at 21 miles!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      I will be watching at Southwick beach after a nice breakfast at Carats Cafe
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      Enjoy the day @Steve Foster and everyone else. Will be my 6th one. Ran for the Martlets Hospice the first time and once again this year. Each year it coincides with the anniversary of my Mum seeing out her last days under their wonderful care in 2011.
      Raised £900 this year thanks to a NSC organised pub quiz and generous donations. ��

Main purpose is to beat my brother who will be a DNS again and to crawl over the line in front of @Guinness Boy and see of the emerging talent of @Mr Blobby who has raised around £10000 for The Martlet's running endless miles over the years.
      Shout hello on the day I’ll be wearing a very dodgy Martlet's vest with knocky written on it over a long sleeved black shirt .

I don’t want your money but the Martlets do and they’ll be out and about.

10 Not allowed!
      Four weekends for me now. Two BM10Ks, my first in 2015 being the longest run I'd ever done, the second last year because I was too injured for the marathon and dropped a distance. Managed the full thing in 2016 in the really annoying time of 4:00:06 and am in the full shebang on Sunday (guess what my desired time is? )

I am the only runner representing REMF this year. Will be in a white running shirt with the REMF Seagull badge on, the blue home shorts from last year, white socks and electric blue trainers

Give me a cheer and a jelly baby - I'll bloody need it
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Enjoy the day @Steve Foster and everyone else. Will be my 6th one. Ran for the Martlets Hospice the first time and once again this year. Each year it coincides with the anniversary of my Mum seeing out her last days under their wonderful care in 2011.
      Raised £900 this year thanks to a NSC organised pub quiz and generous donations. ��

Main purpose is to beat my brother who will be a DNS again and to crawl over the line in front of @Guinness Boy and see of the emerging talent of @Mr Blobby who has raised around £10000 for The Martlet's running endless miles over the years.
      Shout hello on the day I’ll be wearing a very dodgy Martlet's vest with knocky written on it over a long sleeved black shirt .

I don’t want your money but the Martlets do and they’ll be out and about.
      I see we were both posting at the same time. Good luck mate and may the best bald bloke win. See you at the exhibition.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Yep, we will be there - not running I hasten to add, but moving around the course, banging a drum and handing out slices of orange and jelly babies.

Good Luck to everyone.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Ran the Brighton Marathon last year for first time, and loved it. Not doing it this year as I got a place for London marathon in a couple of weeks time, but I’ll be doing the BM10k on Sunday and will be hanging around afterwards to soak up the atmosphere and watch the real runners (including the NSC crew) come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 Not allowed!
      I hope everyone competing gets to finish and doesn't have the heartache of an injury and that they achieve their personal goals for the day.

The day does seem to be getting bigger and bigger with the roads now closed from 5.30am.
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I hope everyone competing gets to finish and doesn't have the heartache of an injury and that they achieve their personal goals for the day.

The day does seem to be getting bigger and bigger with the roads now closed from 5.30am.
      But that's not possible Brighton is a tourist destination unlike Paris, Madrid, New York, Brussels, London, Barcelona, it MUST have open roads.

As you were have a good safe run everybody, raise lots of cash and most importantly enjoy yourselves.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

8 Not allowed!
      Will b e my 2nd Brighton Marathon on Sunday, my first was 2 years ago and it didn't go to plan - picked up injury early on and struggled with the heat. Last year I ran the 10k which was great fun. Well up for Sunday, ran my second marathon in early December, and my third last month in Barcelona. Will be trying for a sub 4 hours for the first time. Running for Cancer Research. Good luck everyone running and watching, hope we all have a good day.