Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League April 12th and 13th

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You just know if it was us at Leicester we’d **** it up, hopefully Newcastle will too

Not sure I get that logic? If they win, Newcastle are virtually safe... draw or lose, it puts WAY too much emphasis on our game for my liking... I want them in their flip flops and Bermuda’s when they rock up to the Amex, surely that suits us at this stage of the game? If they’re still in the mixer, they’ll be all bare chested and angry... not good, when the Geordies mean business.

All that matters is us v Cardiff in a mini league from now until the end of the season, I can’t aspire to more and I’d like to see as many of our opponents playing for nothing... which I reckon will suit us rather nicely.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Enjoying seeing the Toon fans celebrating their victory in the away end and the rest of the stadium is empty!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Newcastle are out of it now.

A win tomorrow for us, would be a killer for Cardiff.

3C7328D3-499C-424A-A9D0-E2BE02BFC1CD.png

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If we can't beat a very out of form Bournemouth tomorrow and a pretty dire Crdiff on Tuesday then we probably don't derserve to stay up.

I'm confident though of winning these two games and would still like one more win on top of these so we can surpass last season's total and show some signs of progress.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Newcastle safe, and hopefully on the beach by the 27th.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If we can't beat a very out of form Bournemouth tomorrow and a pretty dire Crdiff on Tuesday then we probably don't derserve to stay up.

I'm confident though of winning these two games and would still like one more win on top of these so we can surpass last season's total and show some signs of progress.

I'd take a draw tomorrow and a win Tuesday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yep geordies now safe.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Newcastle are out of it now.

A win tomorrow for us, would be a killer for Cardiff.

View attachment 107567
How come Southampton (equal on points with us, with a worse goal difference, and one fewer matches to play) are 50/1 while we are 17/1? It doesn't make sense.

And we've got two games in hand over Burnley too, with a better goal difference, and they've got a shocking run in, worse than our's, so I'm not quite sure why they're reckoned to be safer than us either.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
How come Southampton (equal on points with us, with a worse goal difference, and one fewer matches to play) are 50/1 while we are 17/1? It doesn't make sense.

And we've got two games in hand over Burnley too, with a better goal difference, and they've got a shocking run in, worse than our's, so I'm not quite sure why they're reckoned to be safer than us either.

I don't agree with that either but I guess its because of their history in the top division and managing to stay up when in trouble often in the past? Does seem silly though for the reasons you said. In the media people seem to be talking about us being caught too whilst seemingly forgetting Saints are below us

As for Burnley, regardless of the games they've got left I just think cardiff overcoming 8 points plus 1 more for GD is very unlikely, however if Cardiff do beat them today...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My guess would be reflecting cash flows in the markets, from punters having far less faith with us ..... based on our shocking 2019 PL form. Burnley and Stains have been significantly better, and can pull off vital 6 pointers such as their Amex wins.

Away from our bias, outsiders can't be impressed with us in the slightest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here