Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League April 12th and 13th

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I guess its just a few matches that are relevant to us now

Friday night

Leicester V Newcastle .....toon are 7 clear of Cardiff and a massively better goal difference so you could say are safe, if not mathematically so.

Saturday

Apart from our game there is ..

Burnley v Cardiff ..interesting touchline battle ... with both managers and their entourage a fairly animated lot.....Burnley are clear..but hopefully they will win this one to put more pressure on Cardiff to get a result next Tuesday

Southampton v Wolves....you have to fancy the home team who are in good form against a Wolves side who may have a bit of a post Wembley hangover.

Nerve jangling stuff for us I feel

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think the poster was saying good for us if they lose at Burnley stop, I said it makes little difference if we do not get at least a point Saturday.

No I didn't say that...you said Cardiffs loss on Saturday was only good if we win...which isn't so....of course it would be better if we did..but Cardiff losing is good either way :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leicester to beat Newcastle please, and Wolves to beat Southampton. Keeps both Toon and Stains worried. Burnley and Cardiff to draw please - keeps both of them worried. And of course, a stonking and well over-due win for us against B'muff. That'll do me nicely, thank you. Wouldn't mind if somebody else (not us, of course) went down instead of Cardiff.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Leicester to beat Newcastle please, and Wolves to beat Southampton. Keeps both Toon and Stains worried. Burnley and Cardiff to draw please - keeps both of them worried. And of course, a stonking and well over-due win for us against B'muff. That'll do me nicely, thank you. Wouldn't mind if somebody else (not us, of course) went down instead of Cardiff.

I think you might be alone in hoping for a draw between Burnley and Cardiff tomorrow... a Burnley win would be brilliant for us...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think you might be alone in hoping for a draw between Burnley and Cardiff tomorrow... a Burnley win would be brilliant for us...

Burnley have played two more games than us and have you seen their run in? I’d be quite happy with a draw if we can get a win as it will drag them back into the relegation fight with us and maybe Saints and potentially give us another candidate to go down if Cardiff get points in their remaining games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After the match tonight, we play 3 times before Newcastle next kick a ball.

Come on Leicester !

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Burnley have played two more games than us and have you seen their run in? I’d be quite happy with a draw if we can get a win as it will drag them back into the relegation fight with us and maybe Saints and potentially give us another candidate to go down if Cardiff get points in their remaining games.

But even if Cardiff win tomorrow they'd still need 6 points to overtake Burnley assuming Burnley don't get another point. You never know, but that would be an unlikely scenario imo. If they only draw then no chance Cardiff will overtake Burnley.
I'd rather us be safe as soon as possible, and that would be achieved through Burnley and us beating them in their next two games, regardless of our result tomorrow

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Newcastle Southampton and Cardiff will all win this weekend

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But even if Cardiff win tomorrow they'd still need 6 points to overtake Burnley assuming Burnley don't get another point. You never know, but that would be an unlikely scenario imo. If they only draw then no chance Cardiff will overtake Burnley.
I'd rather us be safe as soon as possible, and that would be achieved through Burnley and us beating them in their next two games, regardless of our result tomorrow

Thinking positively and further ahead, us finishing above Burnley and Cardiff would mean a couple of million quid or so more for the coffers? Nearly two million for every place we can improve

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here