Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Children's names.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I have always though this but I regularly see the Formula One team and other plurals of what already looks like a plural being referred to as the Williamsis rather than just the Williams regardless of how many cars they are talking about

The plural should always have ‘ on the end too rather than being written as “belonging to”

Not explaining this very well but hopefully you get my drift.

He is wrong children is the plural of child so it is children's names. Names belonging to the children. Spoken language is quite often different to how it should be written.

Yes I think in retrospect that you are right but I stand by my other point :smile:

Yeah, but our's.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The eldest was born blue, so we called her Sky. The youngest was jaundiced......we called her Melanie???
Actually, it was Natalie and Danielle, believe me when I say that is not as funny

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Eleanor, which means the bright one, now aged 37.
Sophie, which is Greek for wisdom, now aged 34, nearly 35.

And we took the choice of names, including the meanings, very seriously.

And David means "firkin well 'ard so don't try it on with me, sunshine...... or to be more precise, I believe it is the Hebrew for beloved or darling, which doesn't quite command the same street cred.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Eleanor, which means the bright one, now aged 37.
Sophie, which is Greek for wisdom, now aged 34, nearly 35.

And we took the choice of names, including the meanings, very seriously.

And David means "firkin well 'ard so don't try it on with me, sunshine...... or to be more precise, I believe it is the Hebrew for beloved or darling, which doesn't quite command the same street cred.

Lol our daughter is called Sophie Eleanor! She now like to be known as Sophia though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Lol our daughter is called Sophie Eleanor! She now like to be known as Sophia though.

Sophia i guess would mean the same thing.
Eleanor is the version of the Greek Helen which has come to us through France. Our daughter was thrilled when we visited the tomb of Eleanor of Aquitaine, mother of Richard the Lionheart.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sophia i guess would mean the same thing.
Eleanor is the version of the Greek Helen which has come to us through France. Our daughter was thrilled when we visited the tomb of Eleanor of Aquitaine, mother of Richard the Lionheart.

Another coincidence we spend quite a bit of time in Aquitaine :shrug:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We have a Lauren Violet who is nearly 5. Don't know why we chose it but Violet is the wifes nan's name. Christian name was my idea. it was my suggestion so I win that one. No reason just liked it and luckily it suits her.

Number 2 is arriving in July, also a girl. And discussions are currently under way. I like Charlotte. Which can be shortened She likes Grace or Gracie. Lauren wants it called Bean or Peanut as that's what its currently called.

Still have a couple of months to decide.....

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I always though that Sebastian, Gervaise or St John were always good names for boy children.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We have a daughter called Florence.

When her brother was born 18 months later I wanted to call him 'The Machine' but was over-ruled.:annoyed:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here