Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Children's names.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
What did you call them and why ? Our's Stuart 27yo/Iain25 for us solid names.

Last edited by a moderator:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Idiotically we called our oldest Captain Kangaroo (after too many watches of Pulp Fiction). :ffsparr::shootself

Countin' flowers on the wall
That don't bother me at all
Playin' solitaire till dawn with a deck of fifty-one
Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo
Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He's trying to get your security question answers. Don't fall for it.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Oldest was going to be Ella (old family name) but mother-in-law said only black people and cleaners are called Ella so Anna Rose Ella (notice Ella is now in the top ten). Daniel Charles (no longer in top ten)23 and Arthur Howard 21 tomorrow (hope god father on here is reading). Arthur now in top 10. Naming fashions huh?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No children for us, but two nephews which is more than enough to cope with.
Have a cat called Bertie, as he's all-sorts of types in him.
If that qualifies.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
* Childrens' names

I have always though this but I regularly see the Formula One team and other plurals of what already looks like a plural being referred to as the Williamsis rather than just the Williams regardless of how many cars they are talking about

The plural should always have ‘ on the end too rather than being written as “belonging to”

Not explaining this very well but hopefully you get my drift.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have always though this but I regularly see the Formula One team and other plurals of what already looks like a plural being referred to as the Williamsis rather than just the Williams regardless of how many cars they are talking about

Venus and Serena :shrug:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

The plural should always have ‘ on the end too rather than being written as “belonging to”

Not explaining this very well but hopefully you get my drift.

He is wrong children is the plural of child so it is children's names. Names belonging to the children. Spoken language is quite often different to how it should be written.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is wrong children is the plural of child so it is children's names. Names belonging to the children. Spoken language is quite often different to how it should be written.

Yes I think in retrospect that you are right but I stand by my other point :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here