Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Durham CCC v Sussex CCC, CC Div Two at Chester-le-Street, Apr 11-14 2019***

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe Ben Brown was off the field of play for almost an hour!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What an awful start to the season! We were supposed to be one of the favourites weren't we?

I've no idea why: our batting is truly shocking. We're going to bowl a lot of sides out but if we're not going make 200 in our first innings, that will count for nothing.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's surprising how the journos were ratig us as one of the favourites, they can't have noticed that absolutely nothing has been done to shore up the batting.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For the older supporters out there - when was the last time our long format top order was as bad as this one?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Find it hard to believe that Luke Wright is deemed to be so shit that he can't get into this team. Reading between the lines of the Argus story about how he's going to concentrate on white-ball only - neither can he.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What an awful start to the season! We were supposed to be one of the favourites weren't we?

Think Cricinfo had us joint with Middlesex. As others have said, our much-hyped bowling attack is easily the best around when everyone's fit and available, but the batting is woeful. Glamorgan have a better batting line-up than we do, and they were truly abysmal last summer.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
For the older supporters out there - when was the last time our long format top order was as bad as this one?

My definition of old is subject to annual revision. However, as I crawl towards 50 (something our top order should aspire to) I have to say it's currently utter dreck.

Salt is possibly the pick of the bunch. It's that bad.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Burgess on the Bakerloo.

67-6

Attachments

• Screen Shot 04-12-19 at 01.58 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 04-12-19 at 01.58 PM.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 106

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
My definition of old is subject to annual revision. However, as I crawl towards 50 (something our top order should aspire to) I have to say it's currently utter dreck.

Salt is possibly the pick of the bunch. It's that bad.

I'm not old, but in my living memory of Sussex this is as bad a batting line up as 1997 for me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
71-7

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here