Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Call for donations as I attempt to break a Guiness World Record

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Hi everyone,

Excuse the call for donations...

You may recall in 2016 I attempted to break the Guinness World Record for the most number of burpees in 24 hours to help raise money for St. George's Hospital, Tooting. Together, we all raised over £16,000 which meant the hospital was able to purchase another machine, similar to that which saved the lives of my twin boys when they were diagnosed with twin to twin transfusion syndrome.

Next Thursday, at The Gym Hub, Worthing, I am attempting to break the record for the most number of chest to ground burpees in 24 hours, this time to help raise money for Queen's Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, where our boys were born three months prematurely weighing 1lbs 8oz. It starts at midday Thursday through to midday Friday, so if you are local and fancy a giggle, please do pop in. But if you do, be sure to bring doughnuts, pizza, or coffee.

Any support will be greatly appreciated. It costs £1500 to run one incubator in the NICU ward per day. We had two boys in there for two months. The very least I can do is help raise money to purchase one or two more beds for little people. The all important link is below. Thanks everyone.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/theburpeeguy1

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Marvellous will gladly pop a few bob in on payday and good luck to you .

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Good luck. Hope you're not too sore after thousands of these!:eek:
Donation made.

Attachments

• Burpee.JPG
    Burpee.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 220

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hi everyone,

Excuse the call for donations...

You may recall in 2016 I attempted to break the Guinness World Record for the most number of burpees in 24 hours to help raise money for St. George's Hospital, Tooting. Together, we all raised over £16,000 which meant the hospital was able to purchase another machine, similar to that which saved the lives of my twin boys when they were diagnosed with twin to twin transfusion syndrome.

Next Thursday, at The Gym Hub, Worthing, I am attempting to break the record for the most number of chest to ground burpees in 24 hours, this time to help raise money for Queen's Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, where our boys were born three months prematurely weighing 1lbs 8oz. It starts at midday Thursday through to midday Friday, so if you are local and fancy a giggle, please do pop in. But if you do, be sure to bring doughnuts, pizza, or coffee.

Any support will be greatly appreciated. It costs £1500 to run one incubator in the NICU ward per day. We had two boys in there for two months. The very least I can do is help raise money to purchase one or two more beds for little people. The all important link is below. Thanks everyone.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/theburpeeguy1

Good luck, mate – I really hope you do it. We're out on Friday, but I'll try and get over early in the morning and bring supplies!

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Wow guys - that's some bloody amazing support; thank you!

I paid a visit to the hospital today and they kindly took me on a tour of the NICU unit where the boys were born and held for a few weeks before being transferred to Chichester. Needless to say, it gave me some added last minute motivation ahead of Thursday.

Thank you so much everyone.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here