Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] St. George’s Church Venue

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Going to a gig at St George’s Church at the weekend, is this an actual church or is converted into a music venue?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure, saw Beth Orton there a couple of years back, its pretty much a church though.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Saw Beth Hart there a couple of years ago and thought it was a dreadful venue. Uncomfortable seats, half an hour queue at the bar, the khazi was about half a mile away
and to cap it all there was no raised stage so you had to stand up just to get a glimpse of her.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's a church and a wonderful venue. Brilliant acoustics. I saw Nickel Creek on their farewell tour there and watched it from the knave. Unforgettable show. But I also saw Brian May there with Kerry Ellis and as downstairs was filling up quickly, I beetled upstairs to the balcony front row and peering over the edge, received a masterclass in guitar playing from Queen's maestro. Another unforgettable experience, plus Brian arrived a little early and was chatting and doing photos with fans at the front door. The church acoustics add a special sparkle to the sound, so have a great show. Worth getting there as doors open if you want the best seats as long queues can form outside.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Spoke & sang at a memorial for an (albion supporting) old & dear friend last year.
Difficult experience but a lovely venue

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Been to a few concerts there and have loved the venue. As said acoustics are very good. Get there early take advantage of the bar and wander around venue picking the seat you want. I like the gallery, and yes it still operates as a church. They open up the area to a variety of community groups. Great facility.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bleedin' lefties won't let us celebrate St Georges Day!

Sorry, am I on the wrong thread? It must be about that time of year though.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
If you mean the one in Kemptown then it's a great venue. I saw the Residents there about 2 months ago.
The bar is a bit rubbish, they didn't take cash, but I'd had a couple in the pub before so wasn't bothered.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If you mean the one in Kemptown then it's a great venue. I saw the Residents there about 2 months ago.
The bar is a bit rubbish, they didn't take cash, but I'd had a couple in the pub before so wasn't bothered.

Yeah, stings a bit when they take ages to serve less than a pint of own-brand lager out of a can for £4.50, especially given that there are offies 50 yards away selling them for a quid. But support the venue and all that, I spose...:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here