Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XII - Quarter Final - Match 2 - Mantis Shrimp v Hippopotamus

Who's the hardest?

• Mantis Shrimp

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Hippopotamus

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 21.50.40.png

Good afternoon and welcome to the second quarter final of WHC XII. A mismatch in terms of size to be sure but the Mantis Shrimp is a former champion and won't roll over. The Hippo has more or less forgotten the taste of defeat in recent times: effortlessly dispatching all comers. Will this be a bridge too far for the plucky crustacean?

Mantis Shrimp - beat the Saltwater Crocodile 30/27 in the 2nd round

Mantis Shrimp.jpg

The mantis shrimp shook the world, taking the WHC crown in 2014. Since then it has struggled to make its mark, even failing to make it out of the group stage and "Weekendgate" last year. However, 2019 is looking like a vintage year for the former champion. It will be delighted to have made it to the quarter finals, especially as it took down the Saltwater Crocodile in the last round. Such a notable scalp should make the WHC cognoscenti sit up and take notice. The Shrimp might be small but it is a magnificently evolved fighter. It has two hunting options, as it can hunt with either a smasher or spear claw. It is capable of inflicting serious damage on far larger prey. It has the fastest punch in the animal kingdom, which accelerates faster than a bullet. It can strike with such speed that it creates cavity bubbles. These subsequently collapse and create a secondary shock wave that disables and kills prey. Packs an awful lot of hard into its four inch frame.

Poor puffer fish...

Hippopotamus - beat the Deathstalker Scorpion 38/21 in the 2nd round

Hippo.jpg

The King! WHC XI victor and defending champion. The Hippo has entered the building. It cruised past the Deathstalker Scorpion in the last round. It stepped on it.

The Hippo fears nothing. Absolutely nothing. It will take you on if you're a threat, a perceived threat, simply in its way, if you're looking at it funnily, if you're breathing wrong or if you're running away. The Hippo, along with the Honey Badger, really aspires to be the Francis Begbie of the animal kingdom. It's colossal. It has massive strength. It's has the strongest bite on Earth outside the Croc family and all of this is wrapped up in a vast ball of attitude.

The Hippo kills more humans each year than any other animal in Africa. Big 5? Nah! The Hippo farts in their general direction and calls them a silly thing.

This video is not the greatest quality but amply demonstrates Hippo head mentalness.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm stunned. Genuinely stunned.

When I saw the Mantis shrimp against the Hippo I thought 'that's another cracking quarter final match up'. Then I found out the Shrimp beat the SWC...WTF?!!! How did that happen?! And frankly what a match up this could have been...two of the all time great WHC competitors - two multiple champions! - going head to head. NSC you break my heart sometimes...

Still, it's a good fight none the less. Two champions going at it.

One that hits so hard and fast that it creates lightning like it's a mini Zeus, that hits so hard and fast it doesn't even need to actually touch you to kill you - the sonic blast it creates will do that for him.

The other a raging inferno of muscular vegetarian anger and hedmentalism. Will fight and destroy anything, Lions, crocodiles, boats, anything. And all for no reason other than the love of an argument and a ruck. Magnificent!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm stunned. Genuinely stunned.

When I saw the Mantis shrimp against the Hippo I thought 'that's another cracking quarter final match up'. Then I found out the Shrimp beat the SWC...WTF?!!! How did that happen?! And frankly what a match up this could have been...two of the all time great WHC competitors - two multiple champions! - going head to head. NSC you break my heart sometimes...

Still, it's a good fight none the less. Two champions going at it.

One that hits so hard and fast that it creates lightning like it's a mini Zeus, that hits so hard and fast it doesn't even need to actually touch you to kill you - the sonic blast it creates will do that for him.

The other a raging inferno of muscular vegetarian anger and hedmentalism. Will fight and destroy anything, Lions, crocodiles, boats, anything. And all for no reason other than the love of an argument and a ruck. Magnificent!

Superbly encapsulated but it seems the NSC public doesn't see any contest here. The Hippo has simply battered the Mantis Shrimp in the opening moments. Can the Shrimp make it to its corner to gather its thoughts?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The Shrimp has recovered from its shaky start but still lags behind the defending champion. It will take the mother of all cavity bubbles to save it.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Come on hippo, squish that shrimp!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Another stroll for the Hippo. The champ looks pretty unstoppable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here