Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England women v New Zealand at the Amex, June 1

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Booked some tickets for the family the other day, all four stands open now (lower tiers, anyway). Suspect they may eventually have to open the E and W upper tiers.

Be great to see the Amex pretty full to send the Lionesses on their way to the World Cup in style. Very reasonably priced IMHO (£10 adults, £1 kids), and I am pretty sure Phil Neville will play almost strongest side for that last warm-up.

Women's football in this country at the elite level is unrecognisable in quality from even 15 years ago, very good win v Spain yesterday and though not the favourites they'll have a decent chance in France.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
East Upper has just been opened. Looking forward to a good atmosphere and hopefully a win to send them off in good spirits to the World Cup!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's great deal and for young fans who will enjoy the game, let's give the girls a good send off playing in a great stadium.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.pngimage.png

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Booked some tickets for the family the other day, all four stands open now (lower tiers, anyway). Suspect they may eventually have to open the E and W upper tiers.

Be great to see the Amex pretty full to send the Lionesses on their way to the World Cup in style. Very reasonably priced IMHO (£10 adults, £1 kids), and I am pretty sure Phil Neville will play almost strongest side for that last warm-up.

Women's football in this country at the elite level is unrecognisable in quality from even 15 years ago, very good win v Spain yesterday and though not the favourites they'll have a decent chance in France.

I watched some of the last match on TV to see what all the fuss is about. God awful, park level football was the answer. Even Phil Neville said he was bored watching the first half and he's the manager. Can't help thinking it's just a load of PC hype.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can’t wait for this - taking 3 littlens with me. Come on England!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Looking forward to watching this later on via a stream.

With a forecast of lovely weather, let's hope it's a big crowd at the Amex today.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I watched some of the last match on TV to see what all the fuss is about. God awful, park level football was the answer. Even Phil Neville said he was bored watching the first half and he's the manager. Can't help thinking it's just a load of PC hype.

Did you watch us v Newcastle? The first half was abysmal. If that had been your first time watching, you'd be out buying yourself a Liverpool shirt for tonight.
Have a perusal at some of the other games during the world cup. It may not be your cup of tea, but at least you'll have a better understanding of how far the womens game has progressed over the last ten years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Taking my girl and her best friend and have got one very excited daughter this morning, which is surely the point. Looking forward to a sunny starter for tonight's main course.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Important question here. Does anyone know if women's football is more grown up so you can have a beer in your seat as it's such a nice day or have they followed the archaic men's rules?

D

Deleted member 2719

For those not going - the match is live on BBC ONE - prog starts at 12.45pm, KO 1pm.

Thanks, I have never been in to ladies football as they never argue with the linesperson whether they were offside or not.

I wonder if Neville will get them man marking?

I am actually looking foward to this and hoping for plenty of one on ones with those dutch girls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here