Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] US Fulham fan brings lawsuit against the DMV.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A Fulham fan from the United States is taking legal action against the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) after being denied a custom registration plate for it supposedly having racist connotations.

Jonathan Kotler, a 73-year-old university professor, wanted a personalised plate that featured the letters COYW – as in “Come On You Whites” – but the California DMV blocked the request in fear that the initials might be a racist reference..

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fulh...ver-racist-personalised-car-number-plate.html

I wonder if Palarse fans both sides of Atlantic, would cope with DEL 1 VERANCE on their number plates :shrug:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was reading this on BBC News. This guy already has a personalised Fulham plate "FFC SW6" and now he's kicking off because he can't get another one. He clearly has nothing better to do with his time or money.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
reckon its a fishing trip on his behalf, fully intended for the racial insult. would have gone with "cottagers" othewise.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Could have just told them it stood for 'Come On You Wanderers'.

Sounds like a tit.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Be funny if he has to sell his car to pay for the lawsuit.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Why did he even tell them what it stood for? I'd have just said "oh... yeah.. I'm, like... a Wimbledon fan... and it stands for Come On You Wombles..."

As long as he got the plate, why would he care? :shrug:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Saw a number plate with KKK on last week. Think it was when I was in London of all places.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
a fulham fan from the united states is taking legal action against the department of motor vehicles (dmv) after being denied a custom registration plate for it supposedly having racist connotations.

Jonathan kotler, a 73-year-old university professor, wanted a personalised plate that featured the letters coyw – as in “come on you whites” – but the california dmv blocked the request in fear that the initials might be a racist reference..

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fulh...ver-racist-personalised-car-number-plate.html

i wonder if palarse fans both sides of atlantic, would cope with del 1 verance on their number plates :shrug:

p1 key
n1 gel

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
A mate of mine living over there has 'UKSOCCER' as his plate. Absolutely ridiculous imho, as are most personalised plates. The only thing in the US's favour is that you can register your own completely bespoke plate rather than having to buy something generated by the system, as over here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here