Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Don't Forget the Driver

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
New Bognor based series began last night starring the great Toby Jones. Got quite a lot of hype. Not really a comedy as such (more melancholy than funny) but goes into the box labelled 'different'.

Not sure that Bognor emerged from it a the go-to destination of choice...……………

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
New Bognor based series began last night starring the great Toby Jones. Got quite a lot of hype. Not really a comedy as such (more melancholy than funny) but goes into the box labelled 'different'.

Not sure that Bognor emerged from it as the go-to destination of choice...……………

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had its moments and some funny bits, mind you I thought Warren was poor at first but actually it was quite funny towards the end

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Could be a slow burner, this one. Rarely laugh out loud funny, and more of a comedy drama.

Was hoping for more in the Detectorists vein, but the first episode lacked its charm and great one-liners.

It may yet dig under the bonnet of living in a slightly tatty seaside town and become worthwhile viewing though. Toby Jones is a class act so I'm hopeful.

Interesting that they wanted it to be clearly identified as Bognor, rather than a made up place ...

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not warmed to the characters so far, a bit two-dimensional.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Certainly didn't show Bognor in a good light.

I expected the immigrant, who was tapping on the window in Calais, to be the stowaway, not the girl.

Definitely a slow burner. Can't stand his co driver already. Will stick with it.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Certainly didn't show Bognor in a good light.

I expected the immigrant, who was tapping on the window in Calais, to be the stowaway, not the girl.

Definitely a slow burner. Can't stand his co driver already. Will stick with it.

I think the immigrant tapping on the window was a distraction to get the woman in to the compartment.
Hopefully Woods check better thn that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the immigrant tapping on the window was a distraction to get the woman in to the compartment.
Hopefully Woods check better thn that.

Good point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here