Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Could We Survive On 33 Points?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, I think just one more point is needed

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If we beat Bournemouth on Saturday and Burnley beat Cardiff, Cardiff will be a very long way from safety, 8 points at this stage of the season is massive.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we beat Bournemouth on Saturday and Burnley beat Cardiff, Cardiff will be a very long way from safety, 8 points at this stage of the season is massive.

Indeed - they'd need 9 pts with their GD, from 5 games which include only two at home (and one of those is vs Liverpool). Huge day Saturday.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Quote from Colin today in Wales online:

"I think it's Brighton who we can catch, especially going there a few days after the Burnley game. If we can beat Burnley, we could haul them in, but we've really got to win three out of the four games against teams around us.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Cardiff looked excellent and were unlucky to lose against Chelsea, could be a fun week

But they were at home. Away from home this season they have won only two, drawn two. They have lost eleven and have scored 9 goals in 15 games.

Over the season so far, only Fulham and Huddersfield are worse away from home.

Yes, even we are better (Only slightly).

Discounting Man City, our last three home games are against the teams who are 18th, 16th and 15th in this season's PPG away table: https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england. We are in 17th, with the two relegated teams in 19th and 20th.

The one cliche that pundits continually repeat about us that definitely stands up is that our home form is key. If we can't get what we need from our next three home games, we probably have to admit that we wouldn't deserve to stay up.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
But they were at home. Away from home this season they have won only two, drawn two. They have lost eleven and have scored 9 goals in 15 games.

Over the season so far, only Fulham and Huddersfield are worse away from home.

Yes, even we are better (Only slightly).

Discounting Man City, our last three home games are against the teams who are 18th, 16th and 15th in this season's PPG away table: https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england. We are in 17th, with the two relegated teams in 19th and 20th.

The one cliche that pundits continually repeat about us that definitely stands up is that our home form is key. If we can't get what we need from our next three home games, we probably have to admit that we wouldn't deserve to stay up.

Where are we in the home table?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't need any more points.

The big challenge is turning our poor form of 2019 around to survive next season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't need any more points.

The big challenge is turning our poor form of 2019 around to survive next season.

You know given we had a Cherries troll starting another thread, it's not out of the realms of possibility that 38 is enough. IF, Cardiff were to beat Burnley on Saturday, we beat Bournemouth, Southampton beat Wolves at home, then we do the unthinkable and lose Tuesday, it will be:

Bournemouth 38
Burnley 36
Brighton 36
Southampton 36
Newcastle 35
Cardiff 34

Cardiff would still have very winnable games away at Fulham, and home to Palace that could get them to 40. Unlikely, but possible.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
You know given we had a Cherries troll starting another thread, it's not out of the realms of possibility that 38 is enough. IF, Cardiff were to beat Burnley on Saturday, we beat Bournemouth, Southampton beat Wolves at home, then we do the unthinkable and lose Tuesday, it will be:

Bournemouth 38
Burnley 36
Brighton 36
Southampton 36
Newcastle 35
Cardiff 34

Cardiff would still have very winnable games away at Fulham, and home to Palace that could get them to 40. Unlikely, but possible.

Burnley's run in after Cardiff is dreadful.

They really need to win Saturday and I think they will. We will then need to win Tuesday to put relegation to bed.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Bournemouth 38
Burnley 36
Brighton 36
Southampton 36
Newcastle 35
Cardiff 34

If Cardiff do beat Burnley and we beat Bournemouth then we would be above Burnley on goal difference - and likely to stay there irrespective of the Cardiff result.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Never mind that, just concentrate on finishing above Cardiff .

Seems likely it will be Cardiff, us, Southampton or Burnley;
If we do stay up, I'd probably like to see Burnley go down;
Xenophobia aside, they always seem to get lucky against us;

Part of me obviously wants Warnock to go;
Or Southampton, as they look like they could be better next season;
If we do survive, one important reason would be that you didn't show up at the Amex;
Neither were you our equals at your place;
To be honest, you must be hoping that we finish the season well;
So that our survival can't be put down to just what we got from you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That assessment is a harsh as ****, if you don't mind me pointing it out.

That team earned a massive 45 points from the final 20 games of that season (W13, D6, L1), and amassed one of the highest (if not THE highest?) points totals (89) to ever not win promotion. That was an exceptional return, and desperately unfortunate to not achieve automatic promotion - falling short only by drawing the final 2 matches, in no small part to the unjust red card at Boro, and a host of injuries.

Agreed. We fully deserved to go up that season. And would’ve done so with the same return in practically any other season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bournemouth 38
Burnley 36
Brighton 36
Southampton 36
Newcastle 35
Cardiff 34

That 'Cherries troll' was more than likely Palace, given a phrase it used further into that thread.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Seems likely it will be Cardiff, us, Southampton or Burnley;
If we do stay up, I'd probably like to see Burnley go down;
Xenophobia aside, they always seem to get lucky against us;

Part of me obviously wants Warnock to go;
Or Southampton, as they look like they could be better next season;
If we do survive, one important reason would be that you didn't show up at the Amex;
Neither were you our equals at your place;
To be honest, you must be hoping that we finish the season well;
So that our survival can't be put down to just what we got from you.

Those 6 points we gave you could well save your bacon.
As for us hoping you finish the season well , you’re having a laugh !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here