Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Could We Survive On 33 Points?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we end up with 33 points we will have thoroughly deserved to get relegated

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If I was a Cardiff fan, given that I probably would have anticipated them being virtually down by now, I'd be looking at the next 2 matches with Burnley and Brighton quite optimistically as a massive opportunity.

We could be in the bottom 3 by next Wednesday, but we have far more reason to be optimistic than Cardiff. The pressure is all about expectations I think.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If we don't win the next 2 home games quite frankly we deserve to go down!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There are probably a bazillion flaws in the idea, I'd add Championship teams need to reach a minimum points total to 'qualify', and would caveat a lesser total for the newly promoted clubs.

But my thinking before the Albion were involved and even now that they are, something ought to be done to ship out of the division the perennial deadwood who just aren't as dead as the real dross.

If you set the bar at 85 points it wouldn't happen often. Fulham would have replaced Southampton last year- Huddersfield Town being safe. Derby County would have replaced West Brom in 2013/14, although Hull City would have survived.

It's not common for a team with less than 38 points to stay up.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
In the same way I may still get called up to play for England, perhaps.

If we beat Bournemouth and Cardiff at home, whilst they lose to Man City, we'll be level on points with them with a game in hand. Given the respective run ins that follow, it's unlikely we'll finish above them, but they may need the points from Cardiff that SE20 is wishing away.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We wouldn’t deserve to, I’d accept relegation as deserved if we did, we could be said to have stunk the division out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We wouldn’t deserve to, I’d accept relegation as deserved if we did, we could be said to have stunk the division out.

We certainly haven't generated much in the way of 'headlines'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff beat Burnley and we lose on Saturday they could be above us at 10pm in a weeks time. If that happened the JCLs will stay Hughton is the man for the job when any other club would have AXED him weeks ago

Suggest that the JCLs will and do want him sacked, it’s the long term fans who appreciate that he has done a brilliant job since he arrived even if he seems to be close to his ceiling....maybe

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a fair chance that just a draw against Cardiff could be enough.

And what's the betiing we will play for the point? ???

I'm really looking forward to this game (not).

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I don’t think that 33 points will be enough.
But 34 might well be.
Us only picking up a home draw with Cardiff next week still leaves them needing six points from five games
Burnley A
Liverpool H
Fulham A
Palace H
Man Utd A

So they would probably have to beat Palace at home and Fulham Away, as I don’t think they will get points from the other games.
Cardiff are down

Hopefully[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Suggest that the JCLs will and do want him sacked, it’s the long term fans who appreciate that he has done a brilliant job since he arrived even if he seems to be close to his ceiling....maybe

If my inference from your reply is correct (not exactly in need of forensic detective work, tbf), did he really post that only the JCLs would want CH to stay? That's one of the weirdest opinions posted on NSC for a very long while. On a par with 'our budget would be better if we get relegated'. Madness. Oh well. All the comedy gold I'm missing is insufficient temptation for me to change my nob filter settings :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No.

We'd have to lose to Cardiff for that to happen and palace will be a walk over for them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In the same way I may still get called up to play for England, perhaps.

You'd be a cracking midfield schemer. Oh, hang on.....midfield schemers were big in the 70s :facepalm::eek::lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Burnley lose to Cardiff, they may well not get another point this season.

Which would mean that even if we lose the next 2, the Newcastle game could still get us out of gaol.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here