Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bognor Regis Town v Brighton & Hove Albion U23 Tonight 19.15 Culver Road

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is Ben White still with us? I thought he looked a really good player the couple of times I saw him at County.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
These guys are still behind a crop of very good U23 players, many out on loan.

You would hope that Walton, Molumby, Barclay and Gyökeres will. I think Ostergard and Sanchez also look very good.

I can't imagine that Barclay's contract will be extended (or if it is, only to be able to sell him for a fee).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Never does any harm for young players to be taught hard lessons.

To a point.

Last night taught nobody anything at all, that they didn't already know. (That a team of 16 and 17 year olds cannot physically compete with a full adult team from a decent league).

To be fair, though, the entire SSC campaign has been largely played by the U18s, albeit significantly stronger that last night's line-up. The number of players out on loan, has led to a few of the best moving up to the U23 squad, who have a season-defining game in their league on Monday.

C'est la vie. They made a decision that this game wasn't a priority, so I doubt anybody is too upset by it. Hopefully Bognor and Burgess Hill enjoy the final, and make a few quid.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Last night taught nobody anything at all, that they didn't already know. (That a team of 16 and 17 year olds cannot physically compete with a full adult team from a decent league).

Hopefully Bognor and Burgess Hill enjoy the final, and make a few quid.

Do I get my £10 admission fee back, bleedin FA have fleeced me twice in one week. :glare:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To a point.

To be fair, though, the entire SSC campaign has been largely played by the U18s, albeit significantly stronger that last night's line-up. The number of players out on loan, has led to a few of the best moving up to the U23 squad, who have a season-defining game in their league on Monday.

C'est la vie. They made a decision that this game wasn't a priority, so I doubt anybody is too upset by it. Hopefully Bognor and Burgess Hill enjoy the final, and make a few quid.

It will likely cost Burgess Hill and Bognor Money as the Sussex FA want the game to be played at the Amex, so the game cant be played until a few weeks after the end of their season, meaning they will need to continue to pay thier players up until the final apposed to the last game of their seasons.

On another note the games should be played elsewhere at one of the larger non-league ground, however the FA want to have thier day out opposed to whats best for the clubs and the fans.

Jimmy Grimble

In my experience, some of the players from the county teams aren’t that enthused by it either as it potentially affects holidays/commitments beyond their normal season dates.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It will likely cost Burgess Hill and Bognor Money as the Sussex FA want the game to be played at the Amex, so the game cant be played until a few weeks after the end of their season, meaning they will need to continue to pay thier players up until the final apposed to the last game of their seasons.

On another note the games should be played elsewhere at one of the larger non-league ground, however the FA want to have thier day out opposed to whats best for the clubs and the fans.

In my experience, some of the players from the county teams aren’t that enthused by it either as it potentially affects holidays/commitments beyond their normal season dates.

Fair enough. Apologies for my ignorance of the non-league scene. I'd (seemingly patronisingly) assumed that for the players, staff and fans of the clubs involved, playing a showpiece game in a stadium far beyond their normal surroundings, would be akin to the Albion's big day out last weekend? :shrug:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fair enough. Apologies for my ignorance of the non-league scene. I'd (seemingly patronisingly) assumed that for the players, staff and fans of the clubs involved, playing a showpiece game in a stadium far beyond their normal surroundings, would be akin to the Albion's big day out last weekend? :shrug:

Would you rather play in a packed Small ground with a great atmosphere, or big souless stadium with a few hundred people rattleing around in it?

Without a doubt if both sets of fans attracted 10,000 fans that might be the case but it really isnt and the Amex usually takes away from the day.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Would you rather play in a packed Small ground with a great atmosphere, or big souless stadium with a few hundred people rattleing around in it?

Without a doubt if both sets of fans attracted 10,000 fans that might be the case but it really isnt and the Amex usually takes away from the day.

Having been to the Sussex Senior Cup final before I have to agree. Couple of thousand fans in West lower and the rest of the stadium empty isn't up there among the best of atmospheres. Where else would be suitable? Worthing's ground? Crawley?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Having been to the Sussex Senior Cup final before I have to agree. Couple of thousand fans in West lower and the rest of the stadium empty isn't up there among the best of atmospheres. Where else would be suitable? Worthing's ground? Crawley?

Eastbourne Boro used to hold the final, Bognors ground would be pretty decent as it arguably has the best pitch outside of the AMEX in sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here